Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Touchpaddle
  1.    #1  
    Isn't it ironic that HP's board is thinking about hiring eBay's former CEO?
    (Touchpads are being sold by the truckload on eBay right now... )
    "It's like rain on your wedding day
    It's a free ride when you've already paid
    It's the good advice that you just didn't take
    Who would've thought... it figures

Well life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
    When you think everything's okay and everything's going right
    And life has a funny way of helping you out when
    You think everything's gone wrong and everything blows up
    In your face"

Alanis Morrisette

sorry, just couldn't resist
    From what I have read, she does not have the experience to run a large company like HP. I'm not saying she can't do it, she needs to be watched closely. HP has some qualified VP's. I would like to see Bradley take over and turn around what Leo has almost destroyed. The stocks don't lie. WebOS devices may not survive, but the software may have a chance. I can't keep my Pre 2 forever. Come On HP, What are you going to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    Isn't it ironic that HP's board is thinking about hiring eBay's former CEO?
    (Touchpads are being sold by the truckload on eBay right now... )
    I don't care who they hire, as long as he or she brings the Touchpad/WebOS team back and development continues. It would also be a bonus that my two HP printers will keep getting updates too.
    sent from my 32gb Touchpad
    Well apparently she is already on HP's Board of ID-10Ts, I mean, Directors.

So she's part of the same clowns that brought that buffoon Apotheker on board.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    "It's like rain on your wedding day
    It's a free ride when you've already paid
    It's the good advice that you just didn't take
    Who would've thought... it figures

Well life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
    When you think everything's okay and everything's going right
    And life has a funny way of helping you out when
    You think everything's gone wrong and everything blows up
    In your face"

Alanis Morrisette

sorry, just couldn't resist

At least the current HP CEO didn't turn the company into a pharmaceutical company.
    <thread moved>
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    If she was one of the ones who refused to meet with Apotheker before he was hired, she should be fired along with the rest of those clowns. One of the apparent disfunctions about the board was that too many of them were angling to run the company themselves. They should at least shut that down by blocking any of them from ever being considered for chairman or CEO. Then they can concentrate on being a board member and doing their job.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    And here we go...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/22/bu...pagewanted=all

elop and leo must have gone to the same ceo school...
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    If she was one of the ones who refused to meet with Apotheker before he was hired, she should be fired along with the rest of those clowns.
    The Times said she only joined the board this spring.

Also, they didn't hire Leo because they wanted him. They hired him because there was nobody else with any shred of credibility at all.

The credible candidates turned them down, because they didn't think it was possible to be successful given the state of the board.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    the board is in total turmoil. One of the members is stepping down:
    Hewlett-Packard Director Dominique Senequier to Depart Amid Turmoil - Bloomberg

expect class action lawsuits to pile up now that everyone knows that the Board of (in)Directors basically used the parrakeet **** on the want ads method of hiring.
    Yes, HP, replace a CEO you hired without an interview, with a woman who joined your board just this year, and has no experience running a hardware/engineering company.
  13.    #13  
    Al Gore is on the board at Apple.

Why can HP get Al Gore to run HP? He did invent the internet.
    Didn't her illegal alien nanny/housekeeper complain of abuse?
    Quote Originally Posted by dabombcra View Post
    From what I have read, she does not have the experience to run a large company like HP. I'm not saying she can't do it, she needs to be watched closely. HP has some qualified VP's. I would like to see Bradley take over and turn around what Leo has almost destroyed. The stocks don't lie. WebOS devices may not survive, but the software may have a chance. I can't keep my Pre 2 forever. Come On HP, What are you going to do?
    Well she couldn't possibly make it any worse. What would be hilarious is if she turned HP completely around and abandoned the enterprise sector and had HP focus ONLY on WebOS and PSG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    Al Gore is on the board at Apple.

Why can HP get Al Gore to run HP? He did invent the internet.
    Now that's what I'm talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    The Times said she only joined the board this spring.

Also, they didn't hire Leo because they wanted him. They hired him because there was nobody else with any shred of credibility at all.

The credible candidates turned them down, because they didn't think it was possible to be successful given the state of the board.
    She joined the HP board in Jan.21, 2011,according to:

Meg Whitman, four others join HP Board – MacDailyNews - Welcome Home
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post
    She joined the HP board in Jan.21, 2011,according to:

Meg Whitman, four others join HP Board – MacDailyNews - Welcome Home
    Also was brought on board to bolster Leo's position... which I think is the big problem with this decision. How do you replace the guy you are kicking out with the board member brought on to help the position of the same guy...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Also was brought on board to bolster Leo's position... which I think is the big problem with this decision. How do you replace the guy you are kicking out with the board member brought on to help the position of the same guy...
    She will bring her expertise as former CEO of eBay to help HP auction off webOS?
    If the highest bid is 500 million dollars, what is eBay's cut in the auction?
    Last edited by Touchpaddle; 09/22/2011 at 05:51 PM.
    muyoso likes this.