Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Why did HP.com remove links to 16GB & 32GB Touchpads from their website today?

Does this mean HP.com will not have any Touchpads to sell, even with the last production run?
    I just noticed this as well & was gonna post it. I had the links bookmarked & would check occasionally, and they are no longer listed.

I can only speculate that the last remaining batch of TouchPads will go to HP employees & possibly the huge amount of back orders that many retailers have.

200,000 TouchPads isn't nearly enough to meet the demand for them at $99/$149 anyway.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I just noticed this as well & was gonna post it. I had the links bookmarked & would check occasionally, and they are no longer listed.

I can only speculate that the last remaining batch of TouchPads will go to HP employees & possibly the huge amount of back orders that many retailers have.

200,000 TouchPads isn't nearly enough to meet the demand for them at $99/$149 anyway.
    I actually had those pages set as my home page, so I see them whenver I open up a browser.

Guess it's mean no more Touchpads from HP.com.
    Probably not.

I suggest people follow slickdeals if they want to hunt down a firesale TouchPad. Every week they discover a retailer with available TouchPads, it's how I was able to score one from QVC.

HP TouchPad 9.7" WiFi Tablet: 16GB $100, 32GB $150 + Free shipping - Slickdeals.net

As for getting them from HP.com, there's probably a better chance of winning the lottery
    Yeah, by the time they deal with all the backorders, and the employee purchases stuff, they're likely not gonna have many left for general sale. Tho, after yesterdays news looks like there are around 500 employees that personally worked on the project that won't be getting any.

--Chris
    That showed that HP already ditch TouchPad. No more WebOS device in HP.
    Good luck to anyone still looking to get one.
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Either they don't foresee getting more for new customers or they will repost the new bundles if and when they are ready ;-)
    They probably correctly surmised that getting rid of those pages would dramatically reduce traffic from folks checking the pages.
    Its only available internally and it still shows Out of Stock Internally
    16 gig for $99.99
    32 gig for $599.99 *yeah, you saw it here, its 599, not 149 fyi
    They cancelled the TP, it is no longer a current product so it's not listed on their product pages, just the same as any other legacy item.
    My link now shows: 16GB $399 and 32GB for 449.00, but also indicates EPP prices of $99 and 149 each.
    I spoke to an HP rep about a printer, and brought up the touchpad..... many HP employees will be receiving the touchpads thata are being made. lucky *******s!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Urokira View Post
    I spoke to an HP rep about a printer, and brought up the touchpad..... many HP employees will be receiving the touchpads thata are being made. lucky *******s!!!!!
    I wouldn't call them lucky, their job is on risk. If you really want the TouchPad, it's only $250 to $350 on craigslist or ebay. But getting layoff can make your life change.
    i hear ya, but this guy is part of the printing, etc support group. not sure that the touchpad loss will affect him. could be wrong though i guess. still want a 16 gb to mess around with, then it will go to my son.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post

It would be enough at one per customer. Hell, had they had a one per customer rule on the first wave, I'm not convinced there'd even be a need for another run.
    They are only giving them out to employees. Kind of like how someone I know from Staples said they kept all that they got in and the coupons they had for 50 dollars off and sold them all to their employees in store for 50 to 100 dollars. No person outside of someone who works for a store or for HP is getting any more.
    I wouldn't worry about this just yet, I have noticed HP does weird things with their web site.

The tablets tab is still there with reference to the TouchPad, when you click it it takes you to accessories that are out of stock but still posted.

The smartphone tab is still there as of yesterday they were listing both Veers out of stock and the Ipaq still in stock. Today I check and the Ipaq is completely gone, Veers still listed as out of stock.

Employee purchases haven't hit the deadline yet so I doubt it is directly related to that. I believe the deadline is the 26th from the information I got.

None of this means it's not the last of the TP on HP's site. But I have noticed lots of odd changes on their site since this all went down.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    why sit and wait for something that you probably will not a chance at? Why people are holding out, I don't know. For 2 16gb I bought after this firesale, I spent $400. So I paid $100 over the price for each. Well the nice thing is that I don't have to get worked up over finding any, dealing with backorders that may never be filled, only to carry a grudge on HP.

Go to ebay, buy a 16gb for $220 with free shipping and be done with it. If you think that's overpaying, you may be right, but I'm a happy and stressfree TP owner.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by lideadhead View Post
    why sit and wait for something that you probably will not a chance at? Why people are holding out, I don't know. For 2 16gb I bought after this firesale, I spent $400. So I paid $100 over the price for each. Well the nice thing is that I don't have to get worked up over finding any, dealing with backorders that may never be filled, only to carry a grudge on HP.

Go to ebay, buy a 16gb for $220 with free shipping and be done with it. If you think that's overpaying, you may be right, but I'm a happy and stressfree TP owner.
    a co-worker felt the same way.... she was about to get a 16GB TP for $230 on
    eBay from a seller with 20,000+ positive feedbacks.... she thought it was not
    worth it to waste hours searching for a $99 Touchpad.

at the last minute, she decided to take it a step further and spent an extra
    $270.... ended up buying a 16GB iPad 2.($499 at Best Buy) she said
    she could always buy that pair of $500 shoes next month.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast