Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Apple fans/users talk about loving webOS and the TouchPad!

See link.

take care,

Jay

$99 HP TouchPad: Customers Prefer the Cheap Tablet Over Apple's iPad 2
    By Vincent Funaro | Christian Post Reporter, Wed, Sep. 21 2011 10:22 AM EDT

$99 HP TouchPad: Customers Prefer the Cheap Tablet Over Apple's iPad 2, Christian News

How do the buyers and users of the HP TouchPad rate this in demand device?

“I’m an admitted mac guy, I have the iPhone 4, iPad, Macbook Pro, etc,” wrote D. Higgins on Amazon. “I have to share my support now with the HP TouchPad. The webOS 3.0 is really amazing.”

The reviewer goes on to describe the system’s perks including its ability to integrate so many mainstream services used today along with the flash player working well.

Another Mac fan was converted to HP by using the device.

“Previously, I was an iPad2 user and now that I have the TouchPad, I believe there is absolutely NO WAY I would go back to the iPad2,” wrote J.Destacamen on Amazon
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    LCGuy, Rnp, Sapient2k7 and 6 others like this.
    Don't think I have ever read an article where the quotes were taken from reviews the author selected off of amazon. He could literally have taken this article any way he wanted to by selecting which quotes to use.
    laoh likes this.
    It's a click bait article (which I sadly bit on)
    First reply from a Apple defender. Figures. The story is weird and a little late. Those customer reviews were posted on Amazon within the first month of the TouchPad's release. Some of the best and most positive customer reviews on the TouchPad came from admitted Mac and iPad 1 owners. The TouchPad was selling well on Amazon at the original price, before the whole BestBuy fiasco that gave Leo an excuse to execute his IBM-lite strategy.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Wouldn't it be something if Leo was in co-hoots with BestBuy all along, just sayin.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Wouldn't it be something if Leo was in co-hoots with BestBuy all along, just sayin.
    I doubt he is smart enough to be that devious. It was funny though that BestBuy was the only store that had issues with selling the TouchPad yet they were the only store that did not offer the rebates. At the time the article broke about BestBuy not being able to sell the TouchPad, it was the number 1 best reviewed product on Amazon and had been on Amazon's top twenty tablet sales list. It made number 1 in sales a few times.
    First reply from a Apple defender.
    In other words, have to be ignored? Hehehehehe

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    In other words, have to be ignored? Hehehehehe

Best Regards...
    No he/she doesn't need to be ignored. You just need to know the bias of the person you are dealing with.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I literally have 4 Mac fan bois friends and when they saw and tinkered with my HP touchpad .. At first, they were finding flaws .. LOL! First time the held the device and they are finding problems and flaws .. wth .. lol.

However, after a little bit of usage .. now they felt bad that they didn't join the firesale. I was asking them before and they kept saying they don't want one (maybe because of not being Apple).

Last night, was the a funny moment because we were all at a party and I saw an article here on Precentral about onsale doing some resale again. Since they didn't purchase on Aug 21 (it was the onsale requirement) .. they were pis-sed! Now, I remembered ordering from Onsale and since I'm not going to use it (I have one already) they were fighting over it which I find very funny. My order got through onsale and they will draw straws to whom I will give the touchpad to. XD
    Last edited by keplenk; 09/22/2011 at 04:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    I literally have 4 Mac fan bois friends and when they saw and tinkered with my HP touchpad .. At first, they were finding flaws .. LOL! First time the held the device and they are finding problems and flaws .. wth .. lol.

However, after a little bit of usage .. now they felt bad that they didn't join the firesale. I was asking them before and they kept saying they don't want one (maybe because of not being Apple).

Last night, was the a funny moment because we were all at a party and I saw an article here on Precentral about onsale doing some resale again. Since they didn't purchase on Aug 21 (it was the onsale requirement) .. they were pis-sed! Now, I remembered ordering from Onsale and since I'm not going to use it (I have one already) they were fighting over it which I find very funny. My order got through onsale and they will draw straws to whom I will give the touchpad too. XD
    I almost lost a few friends for the exact same reason. So many people wanted in that the one spare I had was causing me to pick a favourite. The problem is that people want it for the firesale price. If I could go back, I might have auctioned it to my friends to see how much they were actually willing to pay for it. I might not have actually taken the extra money from them, or an even better idea would have been to donate the profits to webOS Internals. Just an idea for you.
    Funny story and I will keep it short because it is kind of off topic, but an employee of mine got an iPad and a MacBook Pro for free from his dad. *This is about the same time I bought my Archos Android tablet and 6 months before I bought my TouchPad. *I played with his iPad and thought that it was pretty neat, but I liked my Archos because of the storage and Flash. *He began making fun of my Archos and said I should have bought Apple. *Most of us in the office picked on him for being pretentious even though he was only an Apple user for two days. *He held his ground, though. Two weeks later he brings in his Windows laptop. *I asked what happened to the MacBook? *He said he was just leaving it at home for a while. *When I pressed the issue, he admitted that one of his favorite games was not available for MacOS-X and he missed it. *He still carried around the iPad, but he treated it as a bigger version of his iPod. *In other words he used a 10 inch tablet as a replacement for a 4 inch device. *When I pressed him on that issue he was speechless.
    cobrakon likes this.
  12.    #12  
    Hi all,

all I can add to this is that I have two friends who now own TouchPads and iPads...they both like the TouchPad better....does that mean everyone does of course not....

But it does mean Leo & HP was foolish:

1. to throw in the towel & pull the plug so quickly
    2. not to wait for 3.1.1 upgraded Before putting TouchPad up for sale
    and
    3. Should never have matched the price of the iPad even if it meant losing $ to get a following and to attract app writers...

As it stands now...no matter what Meg decides to do...if webOS has a life after Leo it's going to be slow going!

Take care,

jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    LCGuy, Rnp and JJ_1970 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
    I call out the iPad on iPadforums on its flaws, and I sure as hell am gonna call out the Touchpad here at Precentral where it fails.
    You mean, where YOU think it "fails", don't you? I cant tell you how many times I read new TP owners saying it "doesnt do" this or that, and, Im looking at mine and, um.. it does!

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

kjb86 and PrePetikeis like this.
    You mean, where YOU think it "fails", don't you? I cant tell you how many times I read new TP owners saying it "doesnt do" this or that, and, Im looking at mine and, um.. it does!

I agree with you. There is no perfect tablet. I my TouchPad does all I need it to. TouchPad has its strengths and so does the iPad

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  15.    #15  
    Hi all,

I'm very concerned over what's going to happen with webOS now that Leo is gone or almost gone (thank GOD...now the board should be overthrown not just for hiring Leo, but for doing so without ever meeting him) and what will happen next?

take care,

jay
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dabombcra View Post
    I agree with you. There is no perfect tablet. I my TouchPad does all I need it to. TouchPad has its strengths and so does the iPad

Hi all,

It didn't deserved to be killed by Leo!

Take care,

Jay
    Hi all,

I'm very concerned over what's going to happen with webOS now that Leo is gone or almost gone (thank GOD...now the board should be overthrown not just for hiring Leo, but for doing so without ever meeting him) and what will happen next?

take care,

jay
    Jay,

I don't think it has a bright future. Whitman's answer to a question about webOS after her take over was the same exploring options crap that HP spouted under Leo.

bit of a mixed bag article. they got a couple people to say i have an ipad and i like the touchpad. And another guy to say i didn't like the touchpad cause it's "sluggish" compared to the ipad 2. And the guy concludes saying it's a good buy for $99. Not much there to me. of course some people will like it or switch. I think Rene Ritchie has a palm phone and likes webos. And anyone can tell you that it's a value for $99. If this is offered as proof that enough people will buy a touchpad at full price to make it viable i think we've already seen that that's a reach.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Jay,

I don't think it has a bright future. Whitman's answer to a question about webOS after her take over was the same exploring options crap that HP spouted under Leo.

Hi, I'm really not sure what to make of her statement....

1. from a fan of webOS' I want her to say right now that they are changing direction and going back to making smartphones, pads for the webOS platform...

2. Yet from a business standpoint you want to look as if you gave every subject a complete and through look.....

Mag has a lot to prove.....people in her position rarely think they have an flaws or think they do anything wrong.....yet she had her head handed to her by the voters and I'm sure she is well aware of the negative talk online about HP and about her....

If she screws this up or can't fix the mess Leo and the board made...no matter how she tries to spin it it's her neck on the chopping block....I'm not her biggest fan but I also don't think she a total *****....If she screws this up, just like Carly she will never have even a slight chance of going into politics again...

But then again, I usually look at the bright side of everything!

So let's hope I'm right...if not there will be a lot of us that will not just have to eventually leave webOS...we more than likely will never buy a webOS product again....

One last thought....I for one am not crazy over Leo's proposed take over...I think it way over priced...but she may either have to go thru with it or look as if she is at least until she can look at the legal actions...sometimes such as with the deal between AT&T & T-M...the cost of not doing it is very steep....

How wise is it that your first decision will drag HP into a very costly dogfight?

take care,

jay
    bit of a mixed bag article. they got a couple people to say i have an ipad and i like the touchpad. And another guy to say i didn't like the touchpad cause it's "sluggish" compared to the ipad 2. And the guy concludes saying it's a good buy for $99. Not much there to me. of course some people will like it or switch. I think Rene Ritchie has a palm phone and likes webos. And anyone can tell you that it's a value for $99. If this is offered as proof that enough people will buy a touchpad at full price to make it viable i think we've already seen that that's a reach.
    We will never know how many folks would have bought a TouchPad at full price anymore. I followed a thread here that kept up with the reviews on a lot of sites. The Amazon review was one of them. The review from the admitted Mac and iPad lover was posted about a week after the TouchPad came out. There were a few others that were similar all within the same time frame. The TouchPad sold well on Amazon and we kept almost daily tabs on it's standing from the site (Amazon has good data on all items sold. The data is free and easy to get from the website). It was also the highest rated tablet on the site for a long time (about a month). The stuff in this story is true, but it is definitely old.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast