Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree32Likes
    Mac**** and Andro**** are so boring...

Man, if the webOS, PrPrPr, $Pr$ $2$, $Pr$ $and$ $Touchpad$ $are$ $so$ $bad$, $what$ $all$ $you$ $are$ $doing$ $here$? $If$ $you$ $don$'$t$ $like$, $just$ $don$'$t$ $come$... $can$ $be$ $better$ $to$ $you$, $and$ $to$ $others$ $that$ $like$ $this$ $products$...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
    Again, you are COMPLETELY WRONG. I mean come on, Android tablets have tabs first of all. http://www.the-ebook-reader.com/imag...mb-browser.jpg

See? The top there? Those are called tabs. You tap on the one you want and you are instantly taken to that page. So your entire Android rant was wrong.

WRONG. This is what notifications on Android look like:
    http://cdn.androidcommunity.com/wp-c...-M-540x304.jpg

WRONG. You tap the tasks button and this comes up:
    http://phonerpt.com/wp-content/uploa...k-switcher.jpg

Shows all of your recent programs and allows you to seamlessly jump between them. iOS and Android do the same thing with games. I am getting the feeling like you are trying to act like your Archos tablet running a year old build of Android's PHONE OS is somehow the pinnacle of Android and should be compared to the Touchpad instead of, you know, maybe ANDROIDS TABLET OS????????

WRONG. Hit the back button and the app will close. Not that hard really. Also, on Android there is no real need to close an app. Maybe on your tablet running Froyo you need to do more, but on actual TABLET builds of Android you don't.

No one is knocking your preference. I am just asking you kindly for like the tenth time to stop trying to pass of your experience of Android on an Archos tablet running Froyo as if its the competitor to the Touchpad. I mean the tablet version of Android was launched 6 months before the Touchpad and yet you are still comparing it to a build of Android which launched May 22 2010.
    Your post shows the inconsistencies with the different versions of Android. There are more Android 2.x devices than 3.x devices. My post covered Android 2.x, which is on all my devices including my tablet, so you are right and I apologize for that. I also wasn't comparing Android to the TouchPad but Android to webOS. I had just got through evaluating a Samsung Galaxy S II to replace my Pre. WebOS 1.x through 3.x have some subtle differences, but they behave pretty much the same. Once Google unifies the OS with ICS and Android 3.x becomes more prevalent there will be less confusion.
    Muyoso, also, not to stray to much from the OP, I'm perplexed as to why just about every other new Android tablet comes with 2.x instead of 3.x. The new Kindle Fire is based on 2.x. The HTC Flyer that was in the Sprint Store was also based on 2.x. The CM7 port for the TouchPad is 2.x. There are more 2.x tablets being created today than 3.x ones which is a big problem for Android and Google. At least all one of the webOS tablets has the new webOS tablet version and both of the iPads have the same OS.

You are going to continue to run into more people like me with new tablets comparing 2.x to what they see on the competition. Isn't forking grand!
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Muyoso, also, not to stray to much from the OP, I'm perplexed as to why just about every other new Android tablet comes with 2.x instead of 3.x. The new Kindle Fire is based on 2.x. The HTC Flyer that was in the Sprint Store was also based on 2.x. The CM7 port for the TouchPad is 2.x. There are more 2.x tablets being created today than 3.x ones which is a big problem for Android and Google. At least all one of the webOS tablets has the new webOS tablet version and both of the iPads have the same OS.

You are going to continue to run into more people like me with new tablets comparing 2.x to what they see on the competition. Isn't forking grand!
    Honeycomb is not open sourced. You have to have permission from Google to use it. Ice Cream Sandwich will be though.
    Honeycomb is not open sourced. You have to have permission from Google to use it. Ice Cream Sandwich will be though.
    I can understand a small time company like Archos having trouble or the funds to get permission from Google, but what is HTC or Amazon's excuse?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    I can understand a small time company like Archos having trouble or the funds to get permission from Google, but what is HTC or Amazon's excuse?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    HTC does have a HC tablet out now. HTC wanted to release a tablet with its skin early and was probably still working on a skin for the HC tablet. Just a guest...

Amazon doesn't want a HC tablet. They're fine with gingerbread because of their heavily customized skin and their tablet doesn't use Google services they use their own services. It's a good strategy. They are just using the Android OS as a foundation and using their services and skin to attract customers to the Amazon ecosystem.
    I work for apple as an osx technician and I can tell you I love web os to death.
    klx300r likes this.
    The TouchPad marks HP’s first real foray into the mobile computing market. I should add here that I’m one of those folks who doubts that a tablet is even a necessary part of my “device portfolio.” Indeed, many of us including myself feel smartphones, not tablets, should be spearheading this attack, HP seems to think otherwise.iPhone 5 Release Date
    Quote Originally Posted by cessna784 View Post
    I work for apple as an osx technician and I can tell you I love web os to death.
    I like your post even if it wasn't true =-)
    Quote Originally Posted by cclarion View Post
    I like your post even if it wasn't true =-)
    It is true actually. I swear to that on my daughters life. Just to prove my point. If you want to I can take a picture of my work computer and my touchpad together LOL.
    Geez. Well I am an apple user with 2 MacBook Pro's, my 3rd iphone in a row with iPhone 4 the past year, countless iPods, etc and I like this webOS

Granted, I never would have tried it had I not got it for $99 but as far as I am concerned it does everything that needs to be done.

I would have preferred an iPad ONLY because I have everything else that is Apple BUT let me state that i do not like Apple Pricing and think despite the fantastic laptops I believe i own, I still think the are overpriced, as all Apple products are.
    And I dont feel that Apple is any better than MS with its hate on for the hacker community.

That said, yes, I do jailbreak my iPhone and despite apple trying everything to prevent use from doing so, the best j/b apps apple picks up for the phone themselves a year or two later.

The only think i can say about this I dont like, is the very slow browser. But I dont like Safari either and install Chrome everywhere I can for even FireFox I find sluggish nowadays.

So far i am quite impressed with it and I love the "esprit de corp" I see in this community.
    I feel it is very silly for anyone to state that one brand is 100% better than another for each one as its pros and cons.

I for one am very happy as an Apple user with WebOS
    klx300r likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

all I can add to this is that I have two friends who now own TouchPads and iPads...they both like the TouchPad better....does that mean everyone does of course not....

But it does mean Leo & HP was foolish:

1. to throw in the towel & pull the plug so quickly
    2. not to wait for 3.1.1 upgraded Before putting TouchPad up for sale
    and
    3. Should never have matched the price of the iPad even if it meant losing $ to get a following and to attract app writers...

As it stands now...no matter what Meg decides to do...if webOS has a life after Leo it's going to be slow going!

Take care,

jay
    I wonder if Leo played with a TP himself, and if so, how he still thought it a good idea to fire sale it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ_1970 View Post
    I wonder if Leo played with a TP himself, and if so, how he still thought it a good idea to fire sale it.
    Many people don't play with their devices - they just want them to work.
    Well, having quite a few Apple products myself, I can say I like the iPad and TP equally. I'm still itching to get the next iPad but the TP does a great job as well. The iPad is better suited for me just due to the fact of all the apps I have as well as the integration with all my other Mac/Apple goodies. The touchscreen is a lot better on the iPad from what I've seen and it's significantly lighter. My only real gripe with the TP is how heavy it feels.
    HP TouchPad 32GB (Rooted & Patched)
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by h1r0ll3r View Post
    My only real gripe with the TP is how heavy it feels.
    Hi all,

I've stressed for quite a few months (before HP killed off the TouchPad), that the ads should have said...yes were slightly thicker and ever so slightly heaver but the TouchPad has built in wireless charging and sadly the never used Touch To Share b/c HP was foolish enough not to release the Pre3 along with the TouchPad...

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

I've stressed for quite a few months (before HP killed off the TouchPad), that the ads should have said...yes were slightly thicker and ever so slightly heaver but the TouchPad has built in wireless charging and sadly the never used Touch To Share b/c HP was foolish enough not to release the Pre3 along with the TouchPad...

Take care,

Jay
    i find it rather ironic and weird that we can touch to share a url yet cant manually or touch/bluetooth a single picture, sound or file of any kind, but can recieve via blutooth from pretty much anything even non webOS devices.
    I bought a few iPods Touches in the past several years, however they were all used. I have to say, I've never liked them too much, except for the sheer number of applications on it. I hesitated on buying the TP when it went on Firesale, but got a 32GB model anyway. I originally was thinking of getting a few for my kids, however I didn't want to be sidelined because of the dead end OS. One at $150 was not too much to risk and I could hopefully use it as a web browser, contact manager, calendar, MP3 player and video player. It does the first 4 decently. The video player, however lacks because I haven't bought the $5 video player as I was waiting for Touch Player to be upgraded. Now, that I have bought one, I definitely like it. It has limitations, but for the most part it works well. I am amazed to see that HP came out with a minor upgrade recently, which is great to see as I thought it would be dead ended when HP layed off their Hardware team. I didn't know if the software team still existed. Anyway, I'm still waiting to see if HP can sell it off or at least find a few OEM partners. Oh yes, the reason which I am reminded why I don't like the iPod Touch is that Apple wants to keep controlling you. The iTunes sync sucks and half of the time doesn't work, I don't like DRM stuff, though now you can get non DRM stuff. Working as a USB drive works so much better.
    TJB likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123