Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
  1.    #1  
    Ive had my TP in the touchstone dock all day with the flip clock on the entire time..

Just picked it up to use it and the numbers are burned into the screen.

Um...im kinda shocked..didn't expect it to happen on an ipc lcd meant for computing..sigh
    froglegz and brum like this.
    Especially since the numbers do change, since it's a clock. Weird.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    pics or it didn't happen!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    pics or it didn't happen!
    I love my TP, I wouldnt make this up just to bash or draw attention.

Ive been running video and lots of flash motion on it in hopes of washing it out.

its not as apparent as it was..but still this a joke
    it'll go away, just give it time
  6.    #6  
    Also, I should have posted this long ago..but I have this 4 little squars (pixels? too large for pixels) arrange in a diamond shape, and the light is always brighter..it looks like the proximity sensor but its emitting bright bright light. You can only really tell in white BGs, but its basically in landscape mode, where the 2nd app button would be..Ill try to take a pic..
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Would you post pics? I just got a touchstone and this is worrisome news...
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    shanpalm61 likes this.
  8.    #8  
    its impossible to take a pic of, the diamond thing..guess ill have to live with it

Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    Would you post pics? I just got a touchstone and this is worrisome news...

sorry man i swear im not lying. Its very apparent on the preware grey background, i can still see the semi-colon of the clock, its there alright. taking a pic of it doesnt show anything..
    howi likes this.
  9.    #9  
    that's constructive. Thanks
    Last edited by sledge007; 09/21/2011 at 09:15 PM. Reason: deleted unnecessary comment
    sorry to hear about the burn-in. don't remember that w/my original TP (don't have one now, waiiting for hp.com order to ship). It did stay on on the stone a lot. But I had it set to the facebook, pic screensaver. maybe hp will replace it?
    I use the clock when mine is on the touchstone every night (sometimes much longer than a night). I have never woken up to burn in on the screen. Can you post pictures? Maybe you have a defective unit.
    It is technically impossible to have screen burn-in on an LCD screen. The only way this could happen is through some sort of software glitch. Screen burn-in exists only on CRT monitors and to a lesser extend on Plasma screens.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrarkus View Post
    It is technically impossible to have screen burn-in on an LCD screen. The only way this could happen is through some sort of software glitch. Screen burn-in exists only on CRT monitors and to a lesser extend on Plasma screens.
    That is untrue. I used to work for the security and IT department for a company, I've seen many LCDs got burned in when used as CCTV monitors. The interface of the DVR recorder basically just got burned into it.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by mrarkus View Post
    LCD's aren't burn-in proof. it happens

so did the burn in go away? i've noticed temporary burn in
    I got my TouchPad in July. For over three months I have been using the TouchStone. I haven't even seen one bit of burn in. I too would like to see pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlkmade View Post
    Also, I should have posted this long ago..but I have this 4 little squars (pixels? too large for pixels) arrange in a diamond shape, and the light is always brighter..it looks like the proximity sensor but its emitting bright bright light. You can only really tell in white BGs, but its basically in landscape mode, where the 2nd app button would be..Ill try to take a pic..
    If this is what i think it is, i have this as well. It is a slightly brighter spot, diamond shaped, near the very bottom of the screen.. it sort of bugs me..

Just so people don't think you are lying, here is a photo i got of mine.. BTW - it is hard as heck to get a good photo; thankfully, i could enhance what i got to point out the spot. Believe me, it is more noticeable in real life.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Have you done a complete reboot? I've had my TP on the Touchstone for over a week and have no burn in whatsoever. If a reboot doesn't rid you of this I'd be taking it back. Between that and the pixel issue you should get a free replacement or at the very least a free repair.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

I've noticed burn in too on occasion but it has always gone away.
    brum likes this.
    Just to back up milkmade and Divine_Madcat, I had the exact same four pixels in a diamond shape anomaly where the four pixels were brighter than the rest and mostly visible on a white background. It was annoying. I contacted HP support, they sent me a box and I sent it in for repair. Just got it back today and the screen is OK; no more spot. Hopefully it will stay that way.

All I can say is give customer service a call. It took less than two weeks from when they sent out the box for me to get it back.
    Last edited by penguinsrus; 09/21/2011 at 09:56 PM.
    Turn the unit off overnight and it should clear up. LCD burn-in is not that big of a deal.
    jas7229 and doobdonk like this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast