Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree21Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    I had burn in on my Samsung Galaxy S - the notification bar at the top with the clock, network symbol and wifi symbol were perma-burned in after about 4 months. Now that's super amoled but I didn't expect it.
    I have the newer Galaxy SII. It has a slightly bigger Super AMOLED screen.
    Unfortunately, I got a nasty burn-in in the notification menu on the top as
    well. I've only had it for a couple of months. I don't notice it during normal
    use. However, if I play a video, which uses the whole screen, I can see a
    faint image of the notification bar. (especially if the video is display a white
    image, like clouds...)

Of course, I always knew that LCDs, even the newer ones suffer from this
    type of problems. One of my LCD TVs at home(a Samsung 32") is used
    to play 4:3 DVDs 99% of the time. Guess what? After just half a year, the
    left and right sides(unused except in 16:9 videos) are much brighter than
    the middle(4:3) section. Like I said, I knew this was going to happen.
    Ill have to keep an eye on my new Galaxy SII Skyrocket. I honestly didn't know AMOLED could get burn in. Never thought about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nalek View Post
    Ill have to keep an eye on my new Galaxy SII Skyrocket. I honestly didn't know AMOLED could get burn in. Never thought about it.
    It's technically not a burn-in, but I'm not sure the correct term is.

My Galaxy SII is always on maximum brightness because it is connected to a fixed
    charging dock in my truck 90% of the time. (which means the screen is on all the
    time) Since I discovered the "burn-in" image on the top menu bar, I have set it
    to turn off the screen after a few minutes and also play a lot of videos... hoping to
    reverse the problem... or at least make it less noticeble.
    image retention?
    All this back and forth is driving me crazy! Just take a pic and that will answer everyone's questions. Our TouchPads have a built in screen shot, just hold the home button down for a second then press the power button. The screen shots will be in your pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by godzillinois View Post
    All this back and forth is driving me crazy! Just take a pic and that will answer everyone's questions. Our TouchPads have a built in screen shot, just hold the home button down for a second then press the power button. The screen shots will be in your pictures.
    Uhm, just so you know...

You can't take a screenshot of burn-in or image retention. It's a hardware problem. You know, as in a problem with the LCD itself, not the picture being displayed to it. As in, the image remains on the screen even when the power is turned off.

Would you take a screenshot after taking a hammer to the LCD and expect it to reflect the damage?
    UncleVanya likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by independent1 View Post
    Uhm, just so you know...

You can't take a screenshot of burn-in or image retention. It's a hardware problem. You know, as in a problem with the LCD itself, not the picture being displayed to it. As in, the image remains on the screen even when the power is turned off.

Would you take a screenshot after taking a hammer to the LCD and expect it to reflect the damage?
    Weeeeeeeeeelll then doesn't THAT make me feel stupid? Excuse me while I take a screenshot of my Facepalm.
    dignitary likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by friedscones View Post
    It's technically not a burn-in, but I'm not sure the correct term is.

My Galaxy SII is always on maximum brightness because it is connected to a fixed
    charging dock in my truck 90% of the time. (which means the screen is on all the
    time) Since I discovered the "burn-in" image on the top menu bar, I have set it
    to turn off the screen after a few minutes and also play a lot of videos... hoping to
    reverse the problem... or at least make it less noticeble.
    What type of charging dock?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234