Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Got mine wednesday, came with 3.0.2, loaded preware, got all my optimizations and OC to 1.5ghz. So far I'm very pleased. Wouldn't have spent 600 for it, but I wouldn't spend that on any tablet. Getting targus case today and screen protector so I can leave the house with it.
    I Think I "have" a TP finally !!

OnSale wasted 2 hours of my life yesterday calling their Credit Dept to confirm the payment & later the Customer Service Dept to let them know I have paid for my order. (I don't think the two depts are talking to each other anymore)

The Second chance order has a status of shipped with two UPS tracking numbers (Are they shipping it in two halves?) none of which work but still...

Watch this space.
    Ordered 2 TouchPads using IE on a Windows Phone
    4413XXX, 030568XXX, 32GB (Received)
    4426XXX, 030584XXX, 32GB (Waiting)
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    UPS has recovered - They are back on Schedule!

Scheduled Delivery:
    Friday, 09/30/2011, By End of Day
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by torrguy View Post
    The Second chance order has a status of shipped with two UPS tracking numbers (Are they shipping it in two halves?) none of which work but still...
    One of the shipping numbers won't work and the second one will.

It took 2-3 days after the shipping info got posted for me to receive it. Tennessee to Michigan.
    Got mine yesterday after ordering it last thursday. It came from Memphis to Cali. I had bought a 16g off CL earlier in the month that I might have to sell since I got the 32g from OnSale. Thanks for the people who sent the tip!
    got mine on tuesday, typing from it right now :-)

they really come through this time, I love this thing!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Mine left Mesquite, TX yesterday at 12:30 AM. Oddly its yet to make it to Phoenix. That travel shouldn't take more than 24 hours, but here we are going on 42 hours. Maybe they just missed scanning it in, but UPS has come and gone for the day. Oh well, there's always Monday for it to arrive.
    42 out of 1000
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    at the End of Day, UPS Punted.......to Monday

Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
    Monday, 10/03/2011, By End of Day
    Last Location:
    Arrived - Vernon, CA, United States, Friday, 09/30/2011
    Got mine today.

532/1000

That makes TP #4 in the family. :-)
    Delivered today. 758 of 1000.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    My TouchPad departed Vernon last night...Hope it's safe......where ever it is now.

Vernon, CA, United States 09/30/2011 9:59 P.M. Departure Scan
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Mine was delivered Friday afternoon.

Edit Saturday evening to add: mine arrived running 3.0, box said 778/1000, I did the OTA update to 3.0.2.

It's working great, very pleased. I wouldn't have paid $600, but I think I'm gonna like having it at $150!

SplashTop is really cool. I set it up via internet connection after opening a gmail account, and I had no trouble logging in to my home computer via a distant wifi connection. I won't be taking my netbook on trips anymore.
    Last edited by brentj; 10/01/2011 at 08:42 PM.
    Got mine yesterday and it had a major flaw under the glass, like a liquid puddle darkening the center of the screen--factory defect. Called HP to initiate a warranty repair since the OnSale return info clearly says HP is among vendors who should be contacted directly. Pretty sure OnSale isn't going to have any units laying around to supply me a replacement anyway. Now I get to wait another 10 days..... Argghhhh.

Makes me wonder how many of these batch of 1000 are factory refurbs that may have been rushed through an assembly line to get them back out the door and into circulation.
    Touchkeeper likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Padlock View Post
    Mine came today. #111 out of 570. Came with 3.0.0.
    That's interesting (the 3.0.0 software). These are clearly coming from different batches. I received mine yesterday... finally! And it was running 3.0.2. Perfect condition... very happy! (299 out of 1,000)
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Mine was running 3.0.2 as well. What is your battery capacity guys? What does Dr. Battery from preware say?
    Got mine from OnSale Friday. Ordered with the standard shipping.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Today might be the Day!

10/03/2011 6:05 A.M. Out For Delivery

You know, I have never seen a real TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Arrived!

698 of 1000

Having lots of fun with the entire TouchPad setup.

Absolutely, No regrets.

Thanks OnSale and HP!
    I have had my HP touchpad for about a week now. I really do like it a lot. The multi-tasking is awesome. For the first few days, I used it with the plastic on it. I took the plastic off and I noticed that there are scuff marks and dented plastic on the left side when holding the touchpad in portrait view. It seems like it was dropped, but it wasn't. The plastic is dented and scuffed up. I bought this touchpad new from OnSale. I also noticed that a piece of hair or lint is also trapped under the glass of the touchpad. I cleaned the screen and when you look at it, there is a piece of hair or lint under the screen. I tried to clean it off, but it is definitely under the screen. I called HP and I just received the box today to send it back. I wonder if they are going to repair my touchpad, or replace it with a new or refurbished unit. I am going to record the serial number down and send it out. I will miss my touchpad. Hopefully they repair my device or replace it with a new one. I wonder if the one I received was refurbished. It did have webos 3.0.2 loaded on it.

I ordered a touchstone and it hasn't arrived yet, but I won't have my touchpad as it will be out for repair when I get the touchstone. So far I am really liking the touchpad. I did notice that my screen has a lot of backlight bleeding though. Does anyone else have this issue?