Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I ordered around 2pm pst on Thursday and the status changed to shipped today. I also have 2 tracking numbers showing. I guess once UPS updates the tracking info. I can see if there are really two different items
    Just got a tracking # from them. Actually two tracking #'s for one Touchpad. This unit will prob go to my Mother to help introduce some new tech to her. I am getting some broadband for her in the next days, so the world will now be at her fingertips
    since I already scored 3 touchpads, I gave my onsale link to a buddy. His 32GB shipped out already from onsale. I'm quite shocked about this whole thing actually
    Quote Originally Posted by wittc21 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience. I had a bad first experience, but I have had a pleasant one this time around. I'm not sure what is going on with their customer service. They may have several people moderating their Facebook page and some of the moderaters may be reading into their rules of posting a little too far and deleting some comments they deem inappropriate. I have made several posts, but they were positive comments so I guess they like those to stay. I hope that you can get one from HP. From what I hear, there may be a limited number of Touchpad's available. Hopefully HP will continue to make them since they have a new CEO now.
    Well - that has nothing to do with me! I do not need to be inappropriate to make a point. In fact, I typed pretty much the same thing on their FB that I typed in my first post in this thread. In that post and in others, I have shown that I have been quite understanding this whole time, and have even made several supportive posts of them, even last month.

If you check their FB page - you will see that primarily the only comments they have left up are ones where people are singing their praises. Surely, this is also a marketing gimmick of OnSale, as well, evident in what they allow to remain visible and in the popup asking u to rate them on reseller ratings. On their front page , is a link to “recommend” them and leave a comment; there can be found posts by other people in my situation; it’s the only way to communicate with OnSale, for some of us! I have read comments of others stating that their posts were deleted as well when they pointed out similar situations as mine. They too have been blocked from making subsequent posts.

I called my CC company and they said that there has been a $1.00 pre-auto. on my account by OnSale since THURSDAY MORNING - Now, look at how many people ordered on Thursday afternoon or later who have gotten shipping confirmation -or even better/worse, have gotten their product. While this is great for them, no hating on them, there is something wrong with this. But because OnSale will only communicate with satisfied customers, I cannot get information from them. Their so-called 24-hour toll free number is anything, but – And I sent an email to them days ago about another matter; I still have not heard from them. F/B was my only recourse, since I saw that they were actually responding to posts. In fact, they even responded to mine, until I detailed what has happened with this latest order. POOF – comments gone – and I was blocked from posting.

All things considered, the only one who has been inappropriate is OnSale - hence my email demanding they cancel my order, because since they have that ONE dollar hold on my card (which only found out when I called) Discover cannot cancel it.

I have said this since last month - TPs will continue to pop up here and there through Black Friday. I know I will have opportunities to get the two I need for gifts. How I am treated by a company is far more important to me than saving a few bux and or getting something sooner. I just hope they do not turn my cancellation request into a battle. I really do not want to give my money to this company!

Sent from my iPhone
    "You want what you want, but you get what you're committed to" - Rev. Michael Beckwith
    I'm going to qualify the following, since my TP status and new email suggest I'm good to go with a shipped TP and that I appreciate what OS has attempted to rectify, after what occurred a month ago. Also, I never considered they were really able to control that situation, since the same thing was happening to numerous vendors. The software was just not up to the task, so take the following as merely an observation. What I don't understand, is why didn't they and/or Amazon alert/email everyone with a canceled order? We all received the email a month ago informing us that they were not able to fill our orders. They still could have included the normal risk/caveats, first come first served,etc. Unless someone frequented Precentral or SlickDeals they never even knew about this.
    Shame their out of stock now and I didnt get a single one...
    r_wright1 likes this.
    For those of you having your Facebook comments deleted, there is always Store Ratings & Reviews - ResellerRatings.com - Find Trusted Stores. Alot of people visit that site for merchant reviews, and Onsale would have no control over your comments or rating there.
    Touchkeeper likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchkeeper View Post
    Well - that has nothing to do with me! I do not need to be inappropriate to make a point. In fact, I typed pretty much the same thing on their FB that I typed in my first post in this thread. In that post and in others, I have shown that I have been quite understanding this whole time, and have even made several supportive posts of them, even last month.

If you check their FB page - you will see that primarily the only comments they have left up are ones where people are singing their praises. Surely, this is also a marketing gimmick of OnSale, as well, evident in what they allow to remain visible and in the popup asking u to rate them on reseller ratings. On their front page , is a link to “recommend” them and leave a comment; there can be found posts by other people in my situation; it’s the only way to communicate with OnSale, for some of us! I have read comments of others stating that their posts were deleted as well when they pointed out similar situations as mine. They too have been blocked from making subsequent posts.

I called my CC company and they said that there has been a $1.00 pre-auto. on my account by OnSale since THURSDAY MORNING - Now, look at how many people ordered on Thursday afternoon or later who have gotten shipping confirmation -or even better/worse, have gotten their product. While this is great for them, no hating on them, there is something wrong with this. But because OnSale will only communicate with satisfied customers, I cannot get information from them. Their so-called 24-hour toll free number is anything, but – And I sent an email to them days ago about another matter; I still have not heard from them. F/B was my only recourse, since I saw that they were actually responding to posts. In fact, they even responded to mine, until I detailed what has happened with this latest order. POOF – comments gone – and I was blocked from posting.

All things considered, the only one who has been inappropriate is OnSale - hence my email demanding they cancel my order, because since they have that ONE dollar hold on my card (which only found out when I called) Discover cannot cancel it.

I have said this since last month - TPs will continue to pop up here and there through Black Friday. I know I will have opportunities to get the two I need for gifts. How I am treated by a company is far more important to me than saving a few bux and or getting something sooner. I just hope they do not turn my cancellation request into a battle. I really do not want to give my money to this company!

Sent from my iPhone
    "You want what you want, but you get what you're committed to" - Rev. Michael Beckwith
    I believe you that you were sincere with your posts on Facebook. I have seen negative comments on their Facebook page that still remain there last time I checked. I work in customer service and if someone gets angry and yells at me, then they are not going to get my full attention. What you typed in this forum is not inappropriate at all. I cannot believe that they would delete a post that has no negativity in it whatsoever. That is inappropriate. I did see the popup to rate then on reseller ratings before I received the e-mail confirmation to purchase the touchpad. I did have a good feeling about them making things right, but now I'm not so sure. Blowing off customers with valid questions and deleting posts from forums they are responding to is bad customer service. I wonder if they were deleting posts because people were ranting and they don't feel that Facebook is the appropriate forum for ranting. I'm not saying you were ranting, you were just concerned about your order and were trying to get help with your order.

I didn't leave supportive posts over the last month like you did. I grilled them on Amazon when I had the chance rate the cancelled order. I even did what you did yesterday, I left a negative message on the recommend section on their Facebook page back in August. It was still there yesterday and was the first one to show up when you went to their Facebook page. Of course I deleted it yesterday and replaced it with a supportive message. At the time, I felt that they were making things right for customers.

If you sent them an e-mail to cancel your order, I wouldn't hold my breath that you wil get a timely response. It seems like the only timely response is through Facebook. I would also call them on Monday. I sent 3 e-mails through Amazon in August and never received any response.

I wish you luck with your endeavor to purchase 2 touchpad's. HP has updated their page to say that they are sold out but some would be made available in the coming weeks and months. The last part, coming months give me hope that they are repairing relationships with suppliers and possibly will continue to manufacture touchpad's. I did hear about them laying off over 500 WebOS programmers though. So I'm not entirely sure if we are just buying into a dead platform or not. I hope that we are not. I haven't received my touchpad just yet, but it has been shipped. I look forward to seeing how it stacks up against the iPad.

Once again, I wish you the best of luck in your quest for touchpad's. Keep us all up to date on your progress of finding this elusive device!
    Last edited by wittc21; 09/25/2011 at 08:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
    I'm going to qualify the following, since my TP status and new email suggest I'm good to go with a shipped TP and that I appreciate what OS has attempted to rectify, after what occurred a month ago. Also, I never considered they were really able to control that situation, since the same thing was happening to numerous vendors. The software was just not up to the task, so take the following as merely an observation. What I don't understand, is why didn't they and/or Amazon alert/email everyone with a canceled order? We all received the email a month ago informing us that they were not able to fill our orders. They still could have included the normal risk/caveats, first come first served,etc. Unless someone frequented Precentral or SlickDeals they never even knew about this.
    I too am baffled that they did not send an e-mail out to let customers with cancelled orders know about this promotion via e-mail. I guess they figured if people wanted a touchpad, they would keep looking and happen to run across the promotion. I almost missed it by about 6 hours. I found out about the promotion on 9-23-11 @ 11:00 EST. I promptly followed the directions of the promotion and received an e-mail 20 minutes later. I placed an order and it shipped yesterday. I feel bad for the people who didn't know about the promotion and missed out. There will be other opportunities to purchase a touchpad all the way into the holiday season since HP is manufacturing what they say is the last batch, but I think more may be in the pipeline. Wishful thinking I know!
    I wonder if they were deleting posts because people were ranting and they don't feel that Facebook is the appropriate forum for ranting.
    Thats the problem with companies on Facebook, you have to "Like" them in order to make any comments regarding their business, and they have total control over the public perception as they can controll all comments posted about them.
    I believe you that you were sincere with your posts on Facebook. I have seen negative comments on their Facebook page that still remain there last time I checked. I work in customer service and if someone gets angry and yells at me, then they are not going to get my full attention. What you typed in this forum is not inappropriate at all. I cannot believe that they would delete a post that has no negativity in it whatsoever. That is inappropriate. I did see the popup to rate then on reseller ratings before I received the e-mail confirmation to purchase the touchpad. I did have a good feeling about them making things right, but now I'm not so sure. Blowing off customers with valid questions and deleting posts from forums they are responding to is bad customer service. I wonder if they were deleting posts because people were ranting and they don't feel that Facebook is the appropriate forum for ranting. I'm not saying you were ranting, you were just concerned about your order and were trying to get help with your order.

I didn't leave supportive posts over the last month like you did. I grilled them on Amazon when I had the chance rate the cancelled order. I even did what you did yesterday, I left a negative message on the recommend section on their Facebook page back in August. It was still there yesterday and was the first one to show up when you went to their Facebook page. Of course I deleted it yesterday and replaced it with a supportive message. At the time, I felt that they were making things right for customers.

If you sent them an e-mail to cancel your order, I wouldn't hold my breath that you wil get a timely response. It seems like the only timely response is through Facebook. I would also call them on Monday. I sent 3 e-mails through Amazon in August and never received any response.

I wish you luck with your endeavor to purchase 2 touchpad's. HP has updated their page to say that they are sold out but some would be made available in the coming weeks and months. The last part, coming months give me hope that they are repairing relationships with suppliers and possibly will continue to manufacture touchpad's. I did hear about them laying off over 500 WebOS programmers though. So I'm not entirely sure if we are just buying into a dead platform or not. I hope that we are not. I haven't received my touchpad just yet, but it has been shipped. I look forward to seeing how it stacks up against the iPad.

Once again, I wish you the best of luck in your quest for touchpad's. Keep us all up to date on your progress of finding this elusive device!
    I do appreciate your words. It is rather frustrating to keep reading how others who ordered after I did have even already received their TPs. I work with people, so I know how it is when people are frustrated. And I know how I can respond in the same situation, too. But the day I placed my order with OnSale was the same day I placed an order for 2 TPs with HP. I figured that between the two orders of a total of 4 TPs, maybe I would get one. But as we know... the OnSale order got cancelled, and then I had to wait a couple of weeks before I heard what was happening with the HP order - There was still hope with HP, so no need for me to even blink an eye at the OnSale debacle.

In the time I waited to hear from HP - I actually bought a demo model from Wal-mart. It was not in perfect condition, but hey - at least I had one for sure! . I cannot tell you all of the running around and fast talking (to get them to sell it to me), and other time-consuming things I had to do to get a scratched demo. HEHEHE! Later went back and got a $40.00 discount from Wal-Mart. And now still on the hunt for these things because I want to give them as gifts, as I am sure so many other people want to do. And on Friday, when a co-worker saw me with mine - and I had to clue her in about the liquidation and exciting but sometimes frustrating search for well-priced TPs, she asked that I snatch her a $99.00 one - and of course - I agreed! How likely is that to happen? Maybe I should not be cancelling any orders!

I did get the 6-8 week delivery notice from HP -so there is still some hope of actually getting those.
    Like many I ordered a TP from OnSale that got cancelled. I'm still miffed why it seemed that many people who ordered AFTER I did got theirs and even more upset that it took them 4 days to figure out they couldn't fulfill my order. Luckily I was able to get one through BestBuy online.

When I read about OnSale trying to fulfill cancelled orders I decided to give it a try as while I have some major beefs about the TP/WebOS, it is still a nice device and a bargain for $150.

When I tried using the website to look up my order, using my cancelled Amazon order #, I kept getting the "item not available". I tried on and off for a day or so thinking maybe it was just overloaded - but it never worked. So I bit the bullet and decided to call Friday afternoon. Someone answered right away, took down my info and put me on hold to transfer me. Roughly an hour and a half later I talked with someone who again took down they same info and put me on hold again. After about 5 minutes they came back and said they they would have verify my order with Amazon and that someone would call me back but that they were not sure they would have stock. While I was on hold they had actually updated the website saying they were out. So I figured the guy was just blowing me off and I would never hear back. Yesterday morning I had a message on my home phone from someone from OnSale and that I needed to call back today with a 888 number and and his extension. I called back a few times and kept getting voicemail. On the 4th call about an hour later I got right through. He confirmed my info, asked my shipping preference and took my CC info. I got the email confirmation shortly after, and got the shipping info (although with 2 UPS tracking numbers neither showing active yet) overnight.

So it looks like OnSale might have come through after all....
    Yes...my order went thru and I received my shipping notice and tracking # this am. Like everyone else, when it arrives I'll be surprised and happy, but till then you never know. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by azentropy View Post
    Like many I ordered a TP from OnSale that got cancelled. I'm still miffed why it seemed that many people who ordered AFTER I did got theirs and even more upset that it took them 4 days to figure out they couldn't fulfill my order. Luckily I was able to get one through BestBuy online.

When I read about OnSale trying to fulfill cancelled orders I decided to give it a try as while I have some major beefs about the TP/WebOS, it is still a nice device and a bargain for $150.

When I tried using the website to look up my order, using my cancelled Amazon order #, I kept getting the "item not available". I tried on and off for a day or so thinking maybe it was just overloaded - but it never worked. So I bit the bullet and decided to call Friday afternoon. Someone answered right away, took down my info and put me on hold to transfer me. Roughly an hour and a half later I talked with someone who again took down they same info and put me on hold again. After about 5 minutes they came back and said they they would have verify my order with Amazon and that someone would call me back but that they were not sure they would have stock. While I was on hold they had actually updated the website saying they were out. So I figured the guy was just blowing me off and I would never hear back. Yesterday morning I had a message on my home phone from someone from OnSale and that I needed to call back today with a 888 number and and his extension. I called back a few times and kept getting voicemail. On the 4th call about an hour later I got right through. He confirmed my info, asked my shipping preference and took my CC info. I got the email confirmation shortly after, and got the shipping info (although with 2 UPS tracking numbers neither showing active yet) overnight.

So it looks like OnSale might have come through after all....
    Well, apparently, calling them and staying on hold for hours is one of the ways people are getting their orders through. How ridiculous is that - that I would have to do such a thing - when I started placing this order at 2:30 a.m. Thursday morning -but got the same errors you mentioned - came back at about 11:00 and got through. That I have an email with an order number, placed this order early, AND the validity of my CC has been confirmed should be enough. What? I have to show up with my birth certificate and blood type, too? Congrats to those of you who have received and will received yours -but my and some others' situation is inane - insane - inappropriate - and not worth my hard-earned money. It does suck that I actually bought a TS charging dock and a case for this TP, though. Oh, well -there's always Craigslist.

My cousins better appreciate all of the crap I have gone through over the past month to get those chicks gifts. As for me - I have my own imperfect TP and now have my eye on the Samsung Galaxy Note - Drool.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoom15 View Post
    I'm the OP and I ordered mine about 5 min after I posted this, used standard shipping and my account has been charged and I have tracking #s!

Hope it goes through, and I hope everyone here was able to get their order to go through after onsale's first debacle. Goodluck!
    Thanks to you i was able to order one before the whole Slickdeals mob took over the onsale site. I ordered one on the 21st which got lost in their system so i ordered a 2nd one just to be safe. Now I have gotten shipping confirmations on both.
    Last edited by pk1234; 09/25/2011 at 09:48 AM.
    I am am going to have to call them tmrw. I ordered on early morning on the 22nd (b4 they updated on the 23rd saying that they were out of stock). I chose standard shipping and received my order confirmation, but it has yet to do anything from there. I have no charge on my card and it still says in process 0000 whaaaaaaaa lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchkeeper View Post
    I do appreciate your words. It is rather frustrating to keep reading how others who ordered after I did have even already received their TPs. I work with people, so I know how it is when people are frustrated. And I know how I can respond in the same situation, too. But the day I placed my order with OnSale was the same day I placed an order for 2 TPs with HP. I figured that between the two orders of a total of 4 TPs, maybe I would get one. But as we know... the OnSale order got cancelled, and then I had to wait a couple of weeks before I heard what was happening with the HP order - There was still hope with HP, so no need for me to even blink an eye at the OnSale debacle.

In the time I waited to hear from HP - I actually bought a demo model from Wal-mart. It was not in perfect condition, but hey - at least I had one for sure! . I cannot tell you all of the running around and fast talking (to get them to sell it to me), and other time-consuming things I had to do to get a scratched demo. HEHEHE! Later went back and got a $40.00 discount from Wal-Mart. And now still on the hunt for these things because I want to give them as gifts, as I am sure so many other people want to do. And on Friday, when a co-worker saw me with mine - and I had to clue her in about the liquidation and exciting but sometimes frustrating search for well-priced TPs, she asked that I snatch her a $99.00 one - and of course - I agreed! How likely is that to happen? Maybe I should not be cancelling any orders!

I did get the 6-8 week delivery notice from HP -so there is still some hope of actually getting those.
    You're welcome for the kind words! I agree that if you do have a hold on your account from OnSale, then you may get one from them after all. Your co-worker will be very happy. I'd say see if it goes through! It also sounds like your order from HP might go through as well. It looks like you may have some happy gift recipients come Christmas time, which is fast approaching. I do not have a touchpad yet. I have spent countless hours searching everywhere. I'm going to only buy one though. I need to start hunting for accessories now. Do you know of a place where I can find some accessories at a good price? Namely I'm looking for a case and a touchstone. A keyboard would be nice too! Anyone who reads this can answer where to find reasonably prices accessories. I was thinking maybe Amazon?
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdba View Post
    I chose standard shipping. I'm ok with ground shipping.
    I also chose standard shipping. Much cheaper! Leaves more money to pay for accessories!!!
    Has anyone had some good experiences with ordering their Touchpad on Amazon.com? I just placed an order for a 32GB touchpad with a seller that has very good established ratings.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post
    I am am going to have to call them tmrw. I ordered on early morning on the 22nd (b4 they updated on the 23rd saying that they were out of stock). I chose standard shipping and received my order confirmation, but it has yet to do anything from there. I have no charge on my card and it still says in process 0000 whaaaaaaaa lol
    Feel bad for you but at least we won yesterday!