Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Was just a thought. I know I ordered one almost at the beginning of the AMazon fiasco and most likley just missed out and I orderded mine the second time alot later (the next day) then folks who got theres cancelled and mine was shipped immediately. Otherwise Onsale is just totally doing it at random which would suck.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    If that's the case I should be getting one. I think I only barely missed it. Actually, it could be the ones who barely missed it (were in the "maybe" pile) are the ones who may be having the problems now.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Still "in process." Who knows.
    I am hopeful that they would not be stupid enough to provide confirmations for orders they couldn't fill twice. But I might be giving them too much credit.

(FWIW my original order was noon-ish EST that Sunday, so I'd think I would be at least somewhat early if that is the way they were doing it.)
  3. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I just received my UPS tracking number!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    As I mentioned previosly I bet they were working off the original list. They have a list of what time the original amazon orders were placed and probally shipped per that list so no matter if you tried to purchase on 9-21 or 9-22 if you were one of the early buyes on the original sale you would get one even if other purchased it before you on this sale. thats the only thing that makes sense.
    I think you're giving OnSale way too much credit. I suspect they're filling orders based on how they were most recently ordered without any regard to their order sequence at Amazon.

My reason for believing this is that (just to test) I put in a made up Amazon order # into OnSale's form after I had successfully placed my recent OnSale order. OnSale accepted it! Though it's impossible to be sure it wouldn't have been filtered out later, as I didn't follow through and complete the order. Still, that does not speak well of OnSale's process.

As for some orders shipping before others, that could be entirely due to the way in which their warehouse prepares items for shipment. Perhaps they pre-sort based on region for shipping discounts? Perhaps their warehouse randomly assigned pallets for shipment? Perhaps they're just overwhelmed by the onslaught and are shipping items out in random order?

Whatever the truth, OnSale have proven themselves to be a quite disorganized organization. Trying to assign rational reasons to their actions is a fools game.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    My girlfriend ordered one 32GB unit, early during the onSale/Amazon Touchpad
    sale, she chose standard shipping, and others who ordered after her got shipped,
    she was very angry.

We found out about the new onSale Touchpad sale only by accident, they should
    have sent an email or something.

She got her Fedex number yesterday, but she had to check with the onSale
    Order Status page to find it, they waited till today to send the email saying it
    was sent, but the link in the email fails to load any tracking info.

BTW She got the 2 day shipping this time, the Touchpad was sent out the
    next day.
    Has anyone not been able to get the order status after they got a confirmed order email? Mine says

No information for this Order Number / Zip Code combination is available.

Please try a different order number and / or Ship to Zip Code.

I ordered yesterday around 5 ET
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Ordered mine last night, saw a pending charge on my CC.
    This morning I received the email saying it got shipped.
    For those having trouble ordering multiple times (I ordered three separate times and got cancelled three times), this offer might only be valid one time per email account.
    I was unsuccessful in trying to re-order my other two canceled orders.

Update: My package just got scanned into the UPS system, on its way into my hands I hope!
    Dont use the link . go to onsale.com and upper right use the order status link and put in order number and zipcode. it works.

Quote Originally Posted by William13 View Post
    My girlfriend ordered one 32GB unit, early during the onSale/Amazon Touchpad
    sale, she chose standard shipping, and others who ordered after her got shipped,
    she was very angry.

We found out about the new onSale Touchpad sale only by accident, they should
    have sent an email or something.

She got her Fedex number yesterday, but she had to check with the onSale
    Order Status page to find it, they waited till today to send the email saying it
    was sent, but the link in the email fails to load any tracking info.

BTW She got the 2 day shipping this time, the Touchpad was sent out the
    next day.
    Titan078 likes this.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Just got the shipping information and tracking number via email!
  10. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pavejon View Post
    Just got the shipping information and tracking number via email!
    Me too, though the tracking number doesn't show up in UPS's system yet.
    Yes congrats and still waiting on my shipping notice. Still hopeful! Sorli...
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Me too, though the tracking number doesn't show up in UPS's system yet.
    Me three. Shipping notification, ahead of UPS. This happens quite a bit with UPS from what I have noticed over the years, so not too worried.
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    Me three. Shipping notification, ahead of UPS. This happens quite a bit with UPS from what I have noticed over the years, so not too worried.
    I haven't received shipment notification yet. I did notice that when I looked at my invoice, the street name is there, but not the building or room number that I want it delivered to. The e-mail from OnSale has the full building and room location but the invoice does not. Hopefully I still get my touchpad and it isn't delivered elsewhere. The same UPS driver delivers other packages to me in this location, so hopefully he is the driver the day the package gets shipped. Then I will know for sure that I will actually receive my touchpad.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wittc21 View Post
    I haven't received shipment notification yet. I did notice that when I looked at my invoice, the street name is there, but not the building or room number that I want it delivered to. The e-mail from OnSale has the full building and room location but the invoice does not. Hopefully I still get my touchpad and it isn't delivered elsewhere. The same UPS driver delivers other packages to me in this location, so hopefully he is the driver the day the package gets shipped. Then I will know for sure that I will actually receive my touchpad.
    If you are worried once you have a tracking number call UPS. Depending on who you get they might be able to add details to help the driver. Sometimes they are really helpful on this, sometimes they are not. (I used to live in an apartment building with the world's best doorman, and you literally needed to have them add something that said "No, Don, seriously, this package needs to go to this address! Don't refuse it and have it sent back to the truck!" to get anything delivered if it wasn't the usual driver who knew to pushback himself.

I don't remember the details but I used to call the customer service # on the tracking site.
    Mine is tracking!!!!! Whooohooo! Now should I cancel HP order?
    My order on OnSale went through. Now I've gotten two tracking numbers....so either my order is royally screwed up and I'm not going to get one at all, or my order is royally screwed up and they're shipping me two for the price of one. Either way it's clear OnSale has their collective head up their ****.
    I'm totally freaking! It's been around 24 hours at 0001, still no indication it shipped. I'd relate it to being Saturday if it wasn't for the fact I keep reading about others receiving their confirmation.
    Quote Originally Posted by *****lyPete View Post
    My order on OnSale went through. Now I've gotten two tracking numbers....so either my order is royally screwed up and I'm not going to get one at all, or my order is royally screwed up and they're shipping me two for the price of one. Either way it's clear OnSale has their collective head up their ****.
    Your order shows 2 different tracking numbers that are both good numbers being shipped to you? That's odd, but maybe you'll get a spare! I thought it was 1 per customer even if your original order was for more than 1. This firesale has proven that HP and several retailers have major issues if nothing else-It's no wonder that a lot of these companies are not doing well given the way they are managed.
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    If you are worried once you have a tracking number call UPS. Depending on who you get they might be able to add details to help the driver. Sometimes they are really helpful on this, sometimes they are not. (I used to live in an apartment building with the world's best doorman, and you literally needed to have them add something that said "No, Don, seriously, this package needs to go to this address! Don't refuse it and have it sent back to the truck!" to get anything delivered if it wasn't the usual driver who knew to pushback himself.

I don't remember the details but I used to call the customer service # on the tracking site.
    Thanks for the information! I did have a package from Dell that had this issue and the UPS sorting facility changed the address and the package got shipped to a different address on campus. I didn't have a tracking number from Dell. I'm still not sure why I didn't get a tracking number. I thought the package was on back order, (a replacement motherboard). It turns out it went to someone else on campus who signed for the package. I didn't find this out until a month later when the person who got the package opened it and seen my name on the invoice. It was a faculty member who was out for the summer and came in to box up their office since they were moving to a new building on campus. Since I know I will have the tracking number, I will call UPS and hopefully they can fix the address issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
    I'm totally freaking! It's been around 24 hours at 0001, still no indication it shipped. I'd relate it to being Saturday if it wasn't for the fact I keep reading about others receiving their confirmation.
    same here except mines been way more than 24hrs. What did I do wrong? There's no way they can screw m twice is there?