1.    #1  
    Why is doing that when I'm charging it in the Touchstone? I don't have email on it. I am using a Targus Truss case if that makes any difference. It's driving me crazy.
    maybe its not on properly, so it looses connection and reestablish connection w touchstone, causing the sound, take the cover off and place it dead center and see if the noise is still there
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    That happen to me when I still had it plugged into the wall charger and instinctively placed it on the TS.
    Mine does that when the Touchpad is not properly aligned - sometimes the case causes it to be in ALMOST the right position, but not exactly (especially when I have the front flap opened.

As was stated before, it will most likely not do that if the case is removed. If it still does, then there is either a problem with the internal induction coils or your touchstone's alignment.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Mine does it due to memory leaks I think. It usually does it when I have ram heavy apps open, even after I take it off the Touchstone. I close all the cards and it eventually stops.
  6.    #6  
    I don't have any apps open, and I have tried it with the cover open & closed. I will try it with the case off.

What do you do for memory leaks?

I did run Puran defrag on it yesterday
    Re-seat the power block.... if you look close, you can "unscrew" the end off (this allows other countries connectors to be attached). Simply twist is off, then back on again. Seems like they don't always have a good connection.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I had this issue... it was FLASH that was causing me problems... Once I closed the browser that was running a flash video, exhibition and charging stopped giving notifications. I restarted the browser and flash player while on the touchstone and all was well after that...
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    my first TouchStone would always ding-ding-ding me with the Charging message over and over like that. I had a 2nd TouchStone so I knew it wasn't normal. Amazon sent me a replacement overnight and I sent it back to them. totally worth the effort to get it replaced!
    Has happened to me a few times. Restart fixes. Not considered an issue.
    What Tim Dugan said. Its not always positioning as a restart will fix it even if you haven't moved the Touchpad. It is just a slight annoyance.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    I don't have any apps open, and I have tried it with the cover open & closed. I will try it with the case off.

What do you do for memory leaks?

I did run Puran defrag on it yesterday
    For memory leaks, i just restart or wait it out. If i'm putting it on the charger, usually, i'm not gonna use it so the wait is no big deal.
    I like the analog clock that displays automatically when the screen turns off, but sometimes it will 'ding' in the middle of the night.
    Is that because updates are coming in?
    In the settings "Sounds & Ringtones" I have "Sounds" on, but "System Sounds" set to off.
    If your touchpad is not centered properly on the touchstone it will keep dinging, to fix this, remove the touchpad and wait until it stops dinging, then place back on the touchstone correctly.
    Did you check to see if the door was a jar...ajar? Or, if you had the TP in reverse?

As usual, I've really got nothing useful to offer...didn't stop me from posting again, did it?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    This started happening on my wife's TouchPad yesterday. It had been working fine on the touchstone all week before this. A restart didn't help so I used the USB connection for the time being. I'll try to mess with it again tonight.

Incidentally, I found that my FrankenPre stopped needing the business card trick when I used the touchpad power adapter. The whole thing is confusing and frustrating.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Happens to me with both my Pre and my Touchpad. Something must go haywire with the charging program in WebOS. Typically if I reboot it then is okay.
  18.    #18  
    Well, I've taken it out of the case - and I haven't heard the noise. But I did install jstop also before that. I also read up on "how to slingshot" the cards to make sure they are closed properly when I searched in the forum for memory leaks. So good information to know.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I do have another Touchstone - I may try that also with the Targus case. I imagine it's probably not centered. Maybe there's a level app somewhere
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    Well, I've taken it out of the case - and I haven't heard the noise. But I did install jstop also before that. I also read up on "how to slingshot" the cards to make sure they are closed properly when I searched in the forum for memory leaks. So good information to know.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I do have another Touchstone - I may try that also with the Targus case. I imagine it's probably not centered. Maybe there's a level app somewhere
    for me having two TouchStones to compare results on was the key - the same TouchPad in the exact same state being moved from one to the other acted differently - that's a problem with the TouchStone that's dinging it's head off, not the tablet