Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DrPotoroo
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I copied some pictures (solutions to some hw) that i took with my phone, copied them to my pc (still worked, looked normal) then when i put them on my TP they appeared mirrored, looks like russian! Is this a bug? i deleted the pictures and copied them again, still same thing. anyone got any ideas? Wasnt sure if i should post this in the bug thread.

edit: picture below, kinda looks kool, but unreadable.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Obviously the touchpad has recognised you are trying to cheat on your homework, and is preventing you.

But seriously, I suspect your phone might have opticts that cause it to take mirrored pictures, then is putting something in the exif data telling viewers to flip them - but the touchpad viewer doesn't recognise this. A bit like some cameras put a rotation flag in the exif when a photo is taken with the camera rotated. Try opening and re-saving the images with another program.
    Dis likes this.
    read it in the miror xD
  4. Dis
    I can read it fine :-P
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    took pics with my treo pro

Quote Originally Posted by DrPotoroo View Post
    Obviously the touchpad has recognised you are trying to cheat on your homework, and is preventing you.

But seriously, I suspect your phone might have opticts that cause it to take mirrored pictures, then is putting something in the exif data telling viewers to flip them - but the touchpad viewer doesn't recognise this. A bit like some cameras put a rotation flag in the exif when a photo is taken with the camera rotated. Try opening and re-saving the images with another program.
    LOL nah not cheating, proff gave them to check answers, i just dont want to pay 10cents a page. I will try to do as you suggested, i even though of flipping the original then puttin it on the TP and see if it reflips it correctly, was waiting for a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    read it in the miror xD
    thats what my bro said =/ would be counter productive, it reminds me of trying to take a pic of someone else using my tp ffc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dis View Post
    I can read it fine :-P
    it seriously looks russian =D

EDIT: Saving pics through different program failed, but flipping the picture to mirrored worked lol, the TP flipped it the right way(or wrong way?)sure hope theres an easier way for future refrence, do not want to keep doing this hah.
    Last edited by h2o826; 09/21/2011 at 04:35 PM.