1.    #1  
    anyone more knowledgeable than google can translate this to proper english?

Google Translate

http://www.treo8.com/bbs/thread-260557-1-1.html
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I took each post and translated it, they are talking about how they got 3.0.3 OTA and what kind of new things they found

"3.0.3 wow, there are some improvements, already comes with a camera application, do not go to app catalog sad reminder to the next; Youku seems to be full of (3.0.2 when the black side is blocked up and down);"

"Do not understand, the same OTA address, the same account, just brush the release of the Friends of blowing can be prompted to upgrade to 3.04 after 55, and being updated, thank you."

This page seems to have the ROM: <<mod deleted link>>
    Last edited by bevcraw; 09/21/2011 at 08:14 AM. Reason: warez
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Very interesting. I wonder if this ROM is specifically meant for Asia?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    in fact, its an chinese basic leak rom 3.04.55,(the most recent one), it has the following features: Chinese input(which is most important thing) including on screen hand writing, traditional chinese and simplified chinese, there are other local apps suitable for chinese folks, as I heard, it is in fact a 3.00(rom) with chinese features, and later, it is OTA to 3.02 features with chinese features, not much different from the current english ones, while to chinese, it is a big improvement since it supports chinese local input.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    My manual translation:
    "I used the OTA upgrade to version 3.0.3. At first I installed "Baidu IME" (a Chinese IM) and it wouldn't show up after installation. WiFi can be used, but the WiFi settings page cannot be opened. Do any of you have the same problems?"

"I also upgraded to 3.03 via OTA, WiFi is fine, Baidu IME cannot be installed".

Then there is a lot of discussion about Chinese inputs. Further down it gets more interesting:

"I don't understand it, the same account number, now I can upgrade to version 3.04 55. I am installing right now."

"The 3.04 webosdoctor can't be downloaded."

"Did you upgrade to 3.04 55?"

"How did you upgrade? Is it a WiFi version?"
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andyghost View Post
    in fact, its an chinese basic leak rom 3.04.55,(the most recent one), it has the following features: Chinese input(which is most important thing) including on screen hand writing, traditional chinese and simplified chinese, there are other local apps suitable for chinese folks, as I heard, it is in fact a 3.00(rom) with chinese features, and later, it is OTA to 3.02 features with chinese features, not much different from the current english ones, while to chinese, it is a big improvement since it supports chinese local input.
    Do you have a link? I urgently need Chinese input. On that website they only discuss the link, but it shows up nowhere. And I would like to avoid registering and asking.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    since it is leaked, it's not legal to distribute it as far as I know, and I do not own a real touchpad, so I know little about that.
    The problem with this 3.0.3 is that you can't use the catalog or the ota. you need to replace some file in this rom with another leak of 3.0.4 from another forum.
    hrm so I wonder if this means 3.0.3 is coming really soon? Was going to break down and install a bunch of performance related patches and maybe uberkernel now I'll probably wait though.
  10.    #10  
    I would love to get access to the "chinnese input" ... How does that work? Does it recognizes chinese characters only?
    The things I would most like to see with a TP would be the addition of Bluetooth support for all devices including DUN support, additional IM networks such as facebook Live and XMPP, and browser improvements. I know I'm dreaming