1.    #1  
    Almost immediately after I received my TP a few weeks ago, I installed preware, the tweaks (Smooth Scrolling, Hyper Card Animation, Muffle System Logging, etc.), and installed F15 kernel and immediately overclocked to 1.7 Ghz. It seemed to run very fast. Last night, when I updated F15, I had a boot problem and did a WebOS doctor reset to stock. When I was playing around with the stock kernel, I did not notice any significant decrease in speed whatsoever. In fact, the cards seem to load faster when I was running with no tweaks with the stock kernel. I just took a video of the stock performance and then put preware back on and F4 kernel (F15's too bleeding edge) OC'd to 1.7 Ghz and then took another video opening up the same webpages and apps. Upon review of the video, I see little to no improvement in speed with it tweaked and OC'd.

Did anyone notice a significant difference when tweaked and OC'd compared to stock?
    Last edited by robj144; 09/20/2011 at 07:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    My animations seemed to improve considerably in smoothness from overclocking.
    Since I can find no downside to overclocking I totally recommend it, but honestly it is not the miracle speed boost I had hoped it would be.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    It sounds cooler than it is. The only real way to see a difference is to run a test like browsermark. For anything practical, you can just assume there are a few times things might have been slower.
    I've noticed small differences for certain tasks even between 1.5GHz and 1.7GHz, but not HUGE gains across the board from 1.2GHz to 1.5GHz. Overall, though, certain processes are much faster as a result of the OC, in my experience, just not EVERYthing. Watching Govenah constantly while switching tasks and adding new cards, though, is what made it super obvious. Particularly, playing two YouTube videos simultaneously, while running Govenah and a couple others was very slow without the OC, but manageable at 1.5GHz and fine at 1.7GHz. Not a systematic test by any means, but that's what I did to check for myself if I wanted to do the overclock.

On the other hand, my TP sped up notably just from the log tweaks and other small patches that help tasks process a little more cleanly.
    It's snappier all around and I don't see any downside either, at least at 1.5GHz. It was one of many things that improved the user experience for me including setting logging to minimum, turning off the ripple effect etc, the stuff recommended in the new user threads.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I have noticed absolutely no differences from 1.2 to 1.5. None. Zilch.

I think the biggest performance gain was getting rid of the logging.
    Quote Originally Posted by yorxs View Post
    Since I can find no downside to overclocking I totally recommend it, but honestly it is not the miracle speed boost I had hoped it would be.
    *cough* battery life *cough*
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kahmeal View Post
    My animations seemed to improve considerably in smoothness from overclocking.
    Quote Originally Posted by PainToad View Post
    *cough* battery life *cough*
    I can say using the suggested preware patches + 1.5Ghz mine is noticeably faster in normal operation(animations, app load speed etc) but be aware it doesn't make it an iPad 2. WebOS bugs are still there and the browser is still problematic.

Also I've noticed only a marginal drop in battery life. Mines been connected to WiFi for 10 hours and I've been using it on and off for hours and its still at 67%.