1.    #1  
    OK, what the heck is going on here. Put the Touchpad on the charger, connected to our wifi network but NOT paired with my Pre 2, and went to bed. Middle of the night the wife and me are woken up by a phone ringing so I jump out of bed, head for my Pre and then realize it's the Touchpad that is ringing, not my phone! Once I finally figure that out I blearely reach for my glasses so that I can answer it and stop the damn ringing, and this robo-caller starts spouting something about an extended warranty offer or something. I hit hangup to get it to shut up, so I didn't get enough info to I'D it till the morning. Then I looked at the call log and it said:

SKYPE USA.C4.NOTIFICATION.ONLINE.ALERT

*** SKYPE!!

Anyone else get this wake up call?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Got a similar call today, it's scammers calling your Skype account. I didn't answer but I assume that they're trying to phish somehow or another.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I had that too. I answered, bad move .. now they keep on calling.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    yes. its spam.
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    OK, what the heck is going on here. Put the Touchpad on the charger, connected to our wifi network but NOT paired with my Pre 2, and went to bed. Middle of the night the wife and me are woken up by a phone ringing so I jump out of bed, head for my Pre and then realize it's the Touchpad that is ringing, not my phone! Once I finally figure that out I blearely reach for my glasses so that I can answer it and stop the damn ringing, and this robo-caller starts spouting something about an extended warranty offer or something. I hit hangup to get it to shut up, so I didn't get enough info to I'D it till the morning. Then I looked at the call log and it said:

SKYPE USA.C4.NOTIFICATION.ONLINE.ALERT

*** SKYPE!!

Anyone else get this wake up call?
    Yeah it was a Skype call, not a Bluetooth call transfered from your pre phone. It only had the same ringing sound since that is he default sound that is setup.

Block them and ignore calls of that similar address in the future.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxKoss View Post
    Yeah it was a Skype call, not a Bluetooth call transfered from your pre phone. It only had the same ringing sound since that is he default sound that is setup.

Block them and ignore calls of that similar address in the future.
    Thanks. Any tips on how I block them on the Touchpad? I don't see that option in the phone app.