Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I noticed that my touchpad will start out playing HD flash videos from youtube/own3dtv smoothly, but then it becomes super choppy a 30 sec-10mins later. The problem goes away if I hit back, then reload the site. 30sec happened with 1080p videos off youtube. I am thinking this has something to do with the cache being filled which hogs the system down? If I open up a HD flash video and hit pause, then play it 1 min later, it will just be choppy all the way through. My net connection is 40mbits so youtube at 1080p caches up really fast.

Anyway to get around this or do I just need to clear the cache every time I start watching flash vids? Also clearing my cache helped a great deal with the choppiness(lasted longer than 30 secs).

TP at 1.7ghz btw with all speed patches installed.
    I read in a different thread that it has to do with the browser's cache. Not gonna go into a another tirade about the browser, but yea pretty sure its the problem here as well.
    Ok, I must be leading an exceptionally charmed life, as I rarely ever see the complaints people have about stuttering/choppiness/laziness.

I went and found a 1080p YouTube video and it played perfectly. I returned to the stock kernel a few days ago. But I did do the browser cache 'fix', which essentially disables the cache. There are instructions in a post around here that should be easy to find.

Another thought I had is that you should check your WiFi connection (assuming you're talking about your home network). I recently upgraded my cable service for more bandwidth and used the netspeed app to check the speed. I was puzzled because no matter what I did I never got a result higher than 5Mbps. I checked my router's statistics, and noticed that my two touchpad and pre were connected, but at a ridiculously low speed. I found so e WiFi performance tips and made some changes, and all my devices were connected at 54Mbps (aka 802.11g). Speed test scores improved dramatically. By all appearances, my connection speed was fine before I started tinkering with it, so I would never have known if I hadn't run the test.
    speaking of videos, what formats does the touchpad support- I still haven't figured that out. And where do you put them?
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamOWD View Post
    speaking of videos, what formats does the touchpad support- I still haven't figured that out. And where do you put them?
    MP4.
    I find that YouTube and other flash videos tend to be much smoother and don't "hiccup" when playing in fullscreen. Has anyone else experienced the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by Singuy View Post
    I noticed that my touchpad will start out playing HD flash videos from youtube/own3dtv smoothly, but then it becomes super choppy a 30 sec-10mins later. The problem goes away if I hit back, then reload the site. 30sec happened with 1080p videos off youtube. I am thinking this has something to do with the cache being filled which hogs the system down? If I open up a HD flash video and hit pause, then play it 1 min later, it will just be choppy all the way through. My net connection is 40mbits so youtube at 1080p caches up really fast.

Anyway to get around this or do I just need to clear the cache every time I start watching flash vids? Also clearing my cache helped a great deal with the choppiness(lasted longer than 30 secs).

TP at 1.7ghz btw with all speed patches installed.
    I guess my first question would be why you are trying to view "HD" videos on a device whose screen is not HD and cannot resolve HD resolution??

1024 x 768 is NOT high definition...
    Tried the anti-browser caching fix and videos still drop framerates about 5-10 mins in
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    I guess my first question would be why you are trying to view "HD" videos on a device whose screen is not HD and cannot resolve HD resolution??

1024 x 768 is NOT high definition...
    Are you trying to say that youtube 480p (SD) looks just as sharp as their 720p videos on a touchpad and that I shouldn't be viewing videos at 720p because my screen is not 1280x720?

I agree there's no need to play 1080p videos on a touchpad, but if it can then why not? I want to do things that the andriod tegra 2 tablets cannot, cause it makes me feel better owning a TP.
    Are you using warthog or something else?
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I'm using warthog kernels with all the patches that can speed up the system..ad blockers..private browsing, muffle system logging, set logs to min, etc.

At 1080p, I get 0 dropped frames, until I watch it for awhile (as the buffer fills up).