Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    Something like 1000 went in a matter of minutes....

    http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3333192

    It was for the TP 32GB, at $149. Wow.

    Got one, with fingers crossed. If it comes, its going to my mum.
  2. #2  
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. Anyone looking to grab a TouchPad needs to stalk slickdeals. News usually hits there first, and inventory is gone within minutes.

    Slickdeals are the Borg of assimilating TouchPad inventories, resistance is futile!
    knownboyofno, DizWhiz and laoh like this.
  3. jedinat's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    #3  
    I don't understand WHY people post these things on slickdeals... don't they have friends/relatives/acquaintances they care about?
  4. cjf243's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #4  
    yea, I would have hoped people would take care of the people here first. WebOS would not have lasted this long if it were not for the true diehards who spent a lot of time and energy working all the issues to make this a great os.
  5. c000's Avatar
    Posts
    665 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
    I don't understand WHY people post these things on slickdeals... don't they have friends/relatives/acquaintances they care about?

    no. but i bet a lot just buy them and flip them on ebay for exaggerated prices
  6. #6  
    I agree about posting to SlickDeals. It seems that most of those people over there just want to get the TP so they can flip them.

    And please stop posting free app promo codes over there!!! (<--- just a general statement, I'm not pointing at any one particular person)
  7. #7  
    i found out about the fire sale through slickdeals, was able to buy one because of slickdeals and still read the TP thread there from time to time for a good laugh because all people do is argue in them. before getting my TP my only experience with webOS was going to best buy months ago and playing with a TP for less than a minute before moving on to the android tablets. i do wish i wouldve seen this deal though. my friends been trying to get one for his mom because she wants one instead of an ipad.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by NealJ777 View Post
    I agree about posting to SlickDeals. It seems that most of those people over there just want to get the TP so they can flip them.

    And please stop posting free app promo codes over there!!! (<--- just a general statement, I'm not pointing at any one particular person)
    That's how I got my TP... the night before HP was officially even in the firesale. Don't dog slickdeals. I've been a member there for years and it has saved me a ton of money.
    knownboyofno likes this.
  9. DizWhiz's Avatar
    Posts
    130 Posts
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. Anyone looking to grab a TouchPad needs to stalk slickdeals. News usually hits there first, and inventory is gone within minutes.

    Slickdeals are the Borg of assimilating TouchPad inventories, resistance is futile!
    This is what I did and how I snagged my only Touchpad.
  10. #10  
    Where are u guys looking at in slick deals? An open thread a new thread ?

    sent from my thunderbolt
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by thirsy1258 View Post
    Where are u guys looking at in slick deals? An open thread a new thread ?

    sent from my thunderbolt
    It's the thread that's been going non-stop since the fire sale started.

    HP TouchPad 9.7" WiFi Tablet: 16GB $100, 32GB $150 + Free shipping - Slickdeals.net
  12. c000's Avatar
    Posts
    665 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
    That's how I got my TP... the night before HP was officially even in the firesale. Don't dog slickdeals. I've been a member there for years and it has saved me a ton of money.
    being you are a member there you must also know the difference between a person trying to get one and a person that buys dozens and flips them on ebay (and then gloats about it). i've seen quite a few of those type on there.

    it strikes me as awfully selfish and greedy, especially considering how some legitimate webOS app developers cant even get a hold of one for themselves. http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3101077
  13. pk1234's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by thirsy1258 View Post
    Where are u guys looking at in slick deals? An open thread a new thread ?

    sent from my thunderbolt
    If you don't want to keep checking that thread for all day and night for new deals/updates, you can just register on Slickdeals and setup and alert for "touchpad". They'll alert you via email if there is any new deal on touchpads (not sure if there are any left beside the hp.com).
    I have been trying to get one since the firesale started but no luck...just found out about the Slickdeal alert today.
  14. #14  
    I'll admit, I was furious at all the slickdealers taking all the TouchPads, especially when a lot of die hard fans & developers in the webOS community haven't even been able to score just 1 for themselves.

    But I refused to overpay for one on eBay or CL, so when I found out people from slickdeals were still successfully finding firesale TouchPads, I said you know what, let me follow this thread. Sure it was time consuming, but when I finally scored one through QVC (even after they initially sold out), it was because of the folks in slickdeals. They found out about the refresh trick, that would allow you to add an TP bundle to your cart, which only became available once someone else decided not to purchase the TP bundle in their cart, or cancelled their order

    So, now I just tell everyone to follow that thread. It really is your last hope at getting one if you don't have one already, as the chances of getting one direct from HP in their 2nd batch are pretty slim. There have been a tons of retailers (both online and brick & mortor) that have gone live with TouchPad inventories after being out of stock: ie, Staples, Sams Club, Office Depot, Buy.com, Tiger Direct, HHGregg's, 6th Ave Electronics, etc. etc.

    There were a lot of chance for people to score TouchPads, but by the time anyone outside of slickdeals finds out, it's too late. My advice, follow the slickdeals thread; when a deal goes live, buy your TouchPad (or add it to your online shopping cart) then immediately post here in the forums so some webOS folks can get in on the action to.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    being you are a member there you must also know the difference between a person trying to get one and a person that buys dozens and flips them on ebay (and then gloats about it). i've seen quite a few of those type on there.

    it strikes me as awfully selfish and greedy, especially considering how some legitimate webOS app developers cant even get a hold of one for themselves. http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3101077
    CCX,

    I dont know about other WebOS/TP developers, BUT from what I understand, there were plenty of WebOS devs that did get ahold of TP's, at *pre* "firesale" prices.

    Thats how they managed to develop the TP apps that I bought in the HP Market.

    What you seem to be asking for is for "devs looking for TP's" to be given the ability to buy at "firesale" pricing, without having to do anything "extra".

    For many of us who have kept our TP's (as affordable tablets), instead of to flip on eEbay for a $100 profit, the extra effort that we have put in, to get/find those TP's is what makes up the $100 difference. (I personally have driven to a number of stores that ended up being out of stock, and had two confirmed online orders canceled on me).

    And I still dont know if this one will actually ship from OD.

    If you want a TP "easy", there's always eBay..
  16. #16  
    sometimes I dont know if spending weeks on the thread is worthwhile for buying a TP for 150 dollars. I mean if you work half of those hours, you should be able to buy 4 TP's.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    SmartFah likes this.
  17. twack's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    #17  
    Oh Weed-Hopper......
    It is not the destination, it is the journey.

    sorry, I had to.
    kkhanmd likes this.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    sometimes I dont know if spending weeks on the thread is worthwhile for buying a TP for 150 dollars. I mean if you work half of those hours, you should be able to buy 4 TP's.
    It's all about the hunt my friend; All about the hunt!

    kkhanmd likes this.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    It's all about the hunt my friend; All about the hunt!

    Plus alot of us need something to do while in class at college
    SmartFah likes this.
  20. #20  
    Because of slickdeal i got 8 TP and a Blackberry Playbook priced at $115!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions