Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fsx100 View Post
    CCX,

I dont know about other WebOS/TP developers, BUT from what I understand, there were plenty of WebOS devs that did get ahold of TP's, at *pre* "firesale" prices.

while that may be true, you must see how the prior price was somewhat a roadblock for some. it's my belief (not fact mind you) that b/c of the lower price more people would be willing/eager to develop for it.

in the long run its going to be those same developers that will keep webOs going. but that point does not matter to many who flipped dozens on ebay to line their pockets. i doubt they seriously care what happens to touchpad or webOS lol
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    while that may be true, you must see how the prior price was somewhat a roadblock for some. it's my belief (not fact mind you) that b/c of the lower price more people would be willing/eager to develop for it.

in the long run its going to be those same developers that will keep webOs going. but that point does not matter to many who flipped dozens on ebay to line their pockets. i doubt they seriously care what happens to touchpad or webOS lol
    Imho, its not the lower price of the TP, but the fact that due to the lower price, there's now a 1+ million user base of TPs. Much better than the pre-firesale 50k user base.

And, again, if you want a TP with no effort/luck, you can still get one for HALF the original MSRP from various sources.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12