Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FormFactor
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    I'm thinking of getting myself a TP but was wondering, are prices rising or falling?

If i bought it in a month will it be noticeably cheaper? or should i just get it now?
    I don't see the price coming down much, if at all. If you want one now, get it.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I think you could afford to wait until the SMB orders are fulfilled. This will be the last bunch out there. I think some people out there will sale some these and the prices will be more reasonable than craiglists and ebay. Also the HP employees sale on the 28th will bring more sales and hopefully this new surge of sales will bring some of the prices down. From what I can tell the SMB sales will be finished around the end of October, maybe sooner. Good luck though.
    I don't think there will be a later for the TP unless you go second hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steep View Post
    I don't think there will be a later for the TP unless you go second hand.
    +1 on that

Though general prices should decline following the christmas season, as demand for the touchpad slowly disappears.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post
    I'm thinking of getting myself a TP but was wondering, are prices rising or falling?

If i bought it in a month will it be noticeably cheaper? or should i just get it now?
    The TouchPad is the Furby of 2011. The holiday season is approaching. Prices are going to go up before they come down. In my area (Washington DC), the 16GB is priced about $200 and the 32GB is $300. (I don't know if they're selling at that price)

When I got my TP (from BBY in-person on August 24) they sold out soon after. I probably could have just stood out in the parking lot and made enough to get an iPad, but I was happy to get the TP.
    Price of the TouchPad will go down by end of this year. Amazon will release their tablet at $250 with one year amazon premium membership. This is going to push other tablet company, beside Apple, to lower their tablet price with good spec. Right now, there's too many bargain hunters, and people who are trying to make some profit on TP are going crazy with it. It will die down.
    If they get Android ported to the Touchpad soon then I don't see prices going down until January.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i think prices might go up. demand is still high. supply low and getting lower. the amazon tablet will have only a 7 inch screen i think.
    IMO prices will go down as the holidays approach for two reasons:
    1. webOS will die. Without a robust app catalog or support from HP fewer will pine for the TP leading the ebay entrepenuer's to drop their prices. Unless, of course, the cyangenmod team makes their work available before then.

2. Other tablets will come down in price. RIM's Playbook may very well be the next TP.

By the time the holidays roll around you may well be able to purchase a supported tablet for only a few dollars more.
    Last edited by FormFactor; 09/20/2011 at 04:18 PM. Reason: missing phrase
    dignitary likes this.
    IMO the second hand prices(open box or new) will remain until Jan or Feb(then drop SLOWLY) but if some brilliant dudes get an Ice Cream Sandwich OS running flawlessly on the TP the price will stay until Jan 2013.

Mark my words. Then you can laugh at me when I'm proven wrong.
    A lot of those QVC bundles are selling for $325 on eBay. That's better than Amazon for one with nothing included for $359.