View Poll Results: who has a crack already?

Voters
628. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes a big one

29 4.62%
  • more than 2 cracks

23 3.66%
  • just a hairline crack

53 8.44%
  • none. My Tp is crack-free

523 83.28%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Like Tree6Likes
    Firesale Tp, hp case, oc'd, used 8+ hrs aday, immaculate. Have dropped, even stepped on once when it fell out of the truck on asphalt. I have zero complaints of build quality except for the finger print magnet back, but she does look good clean!
    Had it since August and in the HP case the entire time. I had one big crack over the top speaker and it eventually went all the way through the plastic. I applied epoxy to it last night, so let's see if that will hold it.
    Having TP since october 2011, up till now my TP is crack-free.

I'm using it everyday for browsing internet & watch movie.
    I have had my TP for six months. I dropped within one hour out of the box. No crack. I have a 15 yo granddautgher, a10 yo gd both have dropped it, no cracks. Knock on wood (beats on knoggin) no cracks at all.
    Two firesale TP's in our household...both 32g models. No cracks.

Both have had the Best Skins Ever full body skins applied since they were two weeks old. (the wife also keeps hers in the HP folio case)

Both devices are used daily and we love 'em!
    My firesale is fine, my dev unit has a tiny crack at the headphone connector, although it's never had headphones connected to it.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Had mine since the first fire sale. Knocked it off my dresser onto a hardwood floor the first night I had it by tripping over the charging cord in the dark. I don't put it there anymore. No cracks, no damage. I bought a silicone case that covers the back and grips around the sides soon after I heard about the cracking issue. The case is great because it gets rid of the fingerprint and it being slippery problem.

Here is the case. Received it in 3 days from the seller. black silicone soft gel skin case cover guard for hp touchpad 9.7in wifi tablet (886489187827) | eBay
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I never found any cracks on my TouchPad. I thought I would get them too, since my TouchPad is always on the go with me.
    got 2 TP's, one bought brand new & one used. Both had a HP cover on them from day one and not one crack at all here fortunately
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
  10. wtk
    Had my 32GB since the fire sale. No cracks and scratch free.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    All 3 of my TPs bought in August have cracks between the speakers and the screen after a few months of use. All have been in the HP folio case since purchase. Have applied clear packing tape over the cracks and speakers and then cut out the speaker hole which has done fairly well.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    TimBoch,

You could drop a line to support and see if they'll repair that for you. Was easy as pie for my gf to do.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I dont have any cracks and I dont use any protection...
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    TimBoch,

You could drop a line to support and see if they'll repair that for you. Was easy as pie for my gf to do.
    Since they keep working fine, I figure I'll wait and see if they get worse.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    well it finally happened to me. Had mine since sept. Used it every day, never dropped, always in a leather case since day 1. Today I noticed I had a hairline crack near the speaker
    I never would have noticed it except my fingernail grazed the area and I felt a different texture than the smooth surface
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I just changed my HP case and gave my TP a good, close look.
    No cracks.
    It's used all of the time, has traveled, and has taken a few really good tumbles. I was surprised that I couldn't even find a tiny one. The case is worse for wear, however. So it went in a nice new HP case that I bought on a closeout sale.
    I have a crack on left speaker and volume button.....superglue took care of it

last night my TP fell off the couch hit the base board heater I deflected it trying to break its fall accelerated its fall and made it bounce off the wall and land on my dogs steps.....

not a scratch just some egg white wall paint on the corner
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    I keep on having a look at the speakers to see if I have any cracks, and I never do. But with looking there, I neglected to look elsewhere, and found a nice big crack by the USB port. On both sides. I'm gutted.

Hopefully HP will get back to me, and then I'll get a new back. But in the mean time, damn you plastic back!! :-(

Sent from my Touchpad. Booyah.
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    32GB fire sale TouchPad, have used it nearly everyday since getting it in late October, definitely have used it everyday since December, using it more and more as time goes on, overclocked, I take it outside, to work, to church, to restaurants, but use it mostly at home. Haven't dropped it, I'm gentle with it.

No cracks.

I'm definitely getting paranoid checking the speaker area now, though.
  20. R42
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    guilty =/
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567