View Poll Results: who has a crack already?

Voters
628. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes a big one

29 4.62%
  • more than 2 cracks

23 3.66%
  • just a hairline crack

53 8.44%
  • none. My Tp is crack-free

523 83.28%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    For the longest I was good with no cracks. But I looked at it again yesterday in the sun and there is a hairline crack on the left speaker (camera side). I have a screen protector, hp case, and haven't dropped it.
    Have had my 32gb TP for about a month. No cracks. Bought a case on eBay, also heavy duty screen protector.
    The poll should read:

Yes
    No

I have a crack on my usb port and I couldn't have taken care of it any better than I have been. It was in a case and still got a crack. It's being sent back to HP today for repair. I thought some of these guys were abusing their TP's in order to get these cracks, wow I was wrong. The plastic used in the TP's case is really cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    the thread ask those who "doesnt have a crack", not "do you have a crack", so many who do have cracks may not come here and vote

also, 15% cracking rate is not "rare", it's "bad", how many other product did you hear about with such a high flaw rate?
    Xbox 360?
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    No cracks here. *Had for 5 weeks now.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Since the cracking occurs around the speaker openings, I’m wondering whether cranking up the volume too high can induce enough vibration to cause cracking?

Just wondering.

Fritzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Xbox 360?
    lets see a link.
    yes I have multiple cracks. But be warned,I've had a nightmare of a time with CS. Still waiting on my advance exchange. I've spent countless hours on the phone with absolutely nothing to show. I guess they're out of stock on all touchpads and are making people wait,when they told me weeks ago that it would be here in two days, then two more days,and so on. Finally they admitted they have nothing to ship, so just keep that in mind for now.
    No cracks. Zagg Invisible Shield + HP Case since day 1. On the Touchstone every night while I sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    lets see a link.
    You may disregard this as "here-say" but at one point Best Buy was averaging about 1 repair for every 3 Xbox 360's sold. Most with the red ring of death. The cost for extra protection for the 360 is astronomical based on that figure. Crazy high percentage of repairs needed.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    3 weeks and no cracks. Have the Hp cover. I'm starting to wonder if there is just a bad batch out there. Any way you can find out where they are being manufactured ?
    My replacment arrived today
    My replacment arrived today
    When did you talk to them?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I have got it for a couple of days, but no cracks yet.
    Actually, you guys can add another number to the non cracked case #. I have two but can only vote once. Neither TP has a crack what-so-ever!
    Was getting really paranoid about this, as ther eare so many threads on here about the problem, so had a good look yesterday. No cracks at all. Although did think I had some at the usb port, but after looking really closely they are just scratches.

Had the TP since 23rd Aug, after a week it's been in a hp case.
    I don't have any cracks, but I've only had my TP a week.

I mostly just wanted to post something to get my 1st post out of the way.

This forum is awesome. I'm very impressed with the quality of the discussions and the active development community going on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    For the longest I was good with no cracks. But I looked at it again yesterday in the sun and there is a hairline crack on the left speaker (camera side). I have a screen protector, hp case, and haven't dropped it.
    I'll have to take mine out in the sun and check it. I did check mine but not in bright sunlight. It's worth doing sooner than later as from the sound of it, at least some of the plastic used for these is not the most robust material. In fact it's probably worth doing once a week or so for a while given there are enough folks reporting issues to at least justify checking.
    no crack no case.....I play loud tunes....drive the heck out of need for speed...the dog restes her nose on it......
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I have 5 TouchPads. 4 have the rubber folio case, 1 has the faux leather folio case. I also place each in its own Targa slipcase when traveling ($15 each on Staples.com).

3 of the 5 are used by my 3 children on a regular basis, ages 8 (twins) and 10. They are careful with their TouchPads, but they are still kids.

None have cracks. (crosses fingers).
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast