View Poll Results: who has a crack already?

Voters
628. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes a big one

29 4.62%
  • more than 2 cracks

23 3.66%
  • just a hairline crack

53 8.44%
  • none. My Tp is crack-free

523 83.28%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzanthp View Post
    I wish that I could say that my TP is just like me, crack FREE. But I can't. It's only a small crack.
    Crack is Whack.
    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxKoss View Post
    The good thing is you proactively went through the action of providing some additional level of protection for a product you care about!

If I listened to everyones problems here in the forums, my 2 year old pre+ should be in pieces now from decay. But its perfectly fine.
    are you kidding I was super paranoid, that thing didnt feel oxygen for very long before getting covered lol but yes I know what you mean about listening to others stories. time will tell, im trying anything to not get cracks, we will see
    32gb TP with one crack just starting to show close to one speaker. I have had it in the HP case from day one.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    32gb purchased during fire sale. No cracks. It is in an acase slim case.
    I have three TouchPads my family and I use pretty actively. No cracks and one is from launch day in a case.
    Judging by the poll so far, the cracks are a rare occurrence. I have none and have been using it heavily for the past month.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Got mine during the firesale, so far crack free. The first two weeks it had no protection but never left the house. After that I got a leather case for it.
    no crack, use it a few hours a day. HP case since day one.
    Fire sale TP 16Gb. First two weeks moderate use without case, always held with micro-fiber cloth to not get scratches on back....Now in case with light use, or on touchstone(still in case) in FB exhibition mode. No cracks.
    (2) 32g TP's NO cracks whatsoever.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

11.    #51  
    Thanks for your replies! I actually feel bad now since a lot of you don't have any... But I'm happy for y'all :P

"crack is whack!" - favorite reply!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Opened 3 of 7 touchpads so far, 1 has a tiny crack on the long side of the usb port which developed within 2-3 plug-ins. Rest are fine. I am VERY careful with these things and made sure to insert the plug quite gently, knowing of the cracking issue from posts on these forums.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    2 TP, 0 cracks.

One no case.
    One HP TP case.
    My TP fell from a 3 foot drop to the concrete floor and it has no cracks anywhere.
    32gb, HP case 8/31/11 no cracks
    Quote Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
    Judging by the poll so far, the cracks are a rare occurrence. I have none and have been using it heavily for the past month.
    the thread ask those who "doesnt have a crack", not "do you have a crack", so many who do have cracks may not come here and vote

also, 15% cracking rate is not "rare", it's "bad", how many other product did you hear about with such a high flaw rate?
    no cracks. Kind of sick about hearing crack complaints to be honest. Many here only paid between 100-150, so take it for what it's worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by froggys View Post
    are you kidding I was super paranoid, that thing didnt feel oxygen for very long before getting covered lol but yes I know what you mean about listening to others stories. time will tell, im trying anything to not get cracks, we will see
    Double wrap it with a couple of bags, its the only way to be sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    I like the way you worded the poll. A lot of these type of polls tend to be skewed towards folks having the problem. If you ask about the problem then you tend to have more folks reply who have the problem as they have a vested interest anyway. Folks who don't have the problem will likely focus on something else of more interest to them and may not reply. By asking who DOESN'T have the crack maybe the replies will be reflective of a larger group.
    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxKoss View Post
    No, stop using logic on my internets!
    Don't worry, I'm using MY Internet, not yours, The flip side of that is it appears users with cracks may be getting tired of replying to polls about cracks since previous polls I found had 69 & 80 responding with cracks and this one so far has only 27 with cracks and 173 without and the other polls have 173 and 286 without cracks. So bottom line as of now we don't seem to have MORE lacking cracks, just less WITH cracks so crack apathy seems to be setting in...
    No crack here, unless its seriously microscopic. I am wondering if its heat or if the people with cracks have thrown their tablet into a bookbag or something that leads to the back flexing slightly. I would imagine there are plastic snaps near the speakers where the plastic back snaps into the frame of the device and I would also imagine that there are no snaps on the thin parts directly adjacent to the speaker. I think a slight flex of the back would cause stress in the plastic in those thin parts near the speaker eventually leading to a crack.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast