View Poll Results: who has a crack already?

Voters
628. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes a big one

29 4.62%
  • more than 2 cracks

23 3.66%
  • just a hairline crack

53 8.44%
  • none. My Tp is crack-free

523 83.28%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    I'm not a forum moderator, but if I were, I'd probably
    be thinking: "Really? Another Touchpad crack thread?"

Edit: nevermind, another new crack thread just popped up.
    dont worry the legends that be will no doubt merge it all together in 1 glorious mass........... so new ones can be started.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    dont worry the legends that be will no doubt merge it all together in 1 glorious mass........... so new ones can be started.
    I'm not so sure about that... there are so many "crack" threads all over the place right now.
    I've had mine for a bit over a month and no cracks. I use the HP case.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    No cracks in either of ours one from the 15th of July the other from the 28th of July. Both went directly from the box into the HP Case.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    I love how some people will spend time closely examining their TPs on a daily basis, plus go into the forums to either post their fear of developing a crack or complain about a crack.

And yet, they dont bother to get a case. I'm not saying a case would prevent this one specific issue, but you would think people who are bothered by damage to the TP would want to protect it.
    Last edited by LinuxKoss; 09/20/2011 at 03:50 PM. Reason: obligatory touchpad spell checking manual fixing
    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxKoss View Post
    I love how some people will spend time closely examining their TPs on a daily basis, plus go into the forums to either post their fear of developing a crack or complain about a crack.

And yet, they dont bother to get a case. I'm not saying a case would prevent this one specific issue, but you would think people who are bothered by damage to the TP would want to protect it.
    I have to tell you these threads have me horrified that i will get a crack lol. I dont know why lol its not the worst thing that can happen. I however do have a case, went directly from bos to Screen protector (wet) once it dried, straight to HP case. So hoping all will be good.
    Ok, so I have a small crack, 4 week old TP in a strong leather case from day 1.

however, does it actually matter? Has anyone's got worse and fallen apart or is it just conjecture?
    Quote Originally Posted by froggys View Post
    I have to tell you these threads have me horrified that i will get a crack lol. I dont know why lol its not the worst thing that can happen. I however do have a case, went directly from bos to Screen protector (wet) once it dried, straight to HP case. So hoping all will be good.
    The good thing is you proactively went through the action of providing some additional level of protection for a product you care about!

If I listened to everyones problems here in the forums, my 2 year old pre+ should be in pieces now from decay. But its perfectly fine.
    No cracks yet. had mine for about a month now with a breed bluetooth keyboard case for the iPad. havent really been too careful with it, dropped it like twice with the case and probably twice into my carpeted floor but not more than a 2-3 foot drop. so far its fine.

The fit is ok but slightly loose and can be annoying. I definitely want to get a screen protector. hoping sgp would makes some, THE BEST. but might just get one for a 10.1 tablet and cut it.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    No cracks and I had it over a month, maybe 6 or 7 weeks.

I do have a case which keeps it safe and I haven't dropped it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    I've been using the touchpad case since day one but unfortunately I just found a small crack on the lower speaker that warps towards the back. Fingers crossed that more don't develop.
    Treo 700wx > Treo 800w > Pre- > Pixi > Franken Pre2 >
    TouchPad 32gb
    Quote Originally Posted by darkeru View Post
    I've been using the touchpad case since day one but unfortunately I just found a small crack on the lower speaker that warps towards the back. Fingers crossed that more don't develop.
    Hit it with some super glue to stop the spread of it. Filling in the inside of the crack will seal it. Just like with a cars windshield.
    I like the way you worded the poll. A lot of these type of polls tend to be skewed towards folks having the problem. If you ask about the problem then you tend to have more folks reply who have the problem as they have a vested interest anyway. Folks who don't have the problem will likely focus on something else of more interest to them and may not reply. By asking who DOESN'T have the crack maybe the replies will be reflective of a larger group.
    no cracks. Used with no protection until I snagged a folio case about 2 weeks ago.

fingers crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    I like the way you worded the poll. A lot of these type of polls tend to be skewed towards folks having the problem. If you ask about the problem then you tend to have more folks reply who have the problem as they have a vested interest anyway. Folks who don't have the problem will likely focus on something else of more interest to them and may not reply. By asking who DOESN'T have the crack maybe the replies will be reflective of a larger group.
    No, stop using logic on my internets!
    No cracks on mine. Had it with no protection for about 2 months now. Even had a 50lbs bottle of water roll onto it. Lol. I do have a case now though, and a touchstone.
    Mine is currently being fixed. The crack actually allowed some flex in the screen which caused some light bleeding.

HP confirmed with me that they haven't changed the case in any way whatsoever. Therefore, for those of us who hold it near the speakers we will have to be extra careful if you don't want cracks developing.

I did suggest to the supervisor that if the webOS team would allow the TouchPad to have a flip orientation (speakers on top) then we would be holding it by the solid area and I doubt we would have a problem with these cracks though the button is on the wrong side but that's what gestures are for.
    I have 4 with no cracks. All in cases.
    Bought mine a week before "The Announcement". So far so good. Just picked up one of the HP cases for it about 2 weeks ago.
    Long live webOS!
    I wish that I could say that my TP is just like me, crack FREE. But I can't. It's only a small crack.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast