Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LinuxKoss
  1.    #1  
    I am using the touchstone for the first time today and have noticed that it takes much longer to charge than thru the usb method? Is this normal? Anyone else notice this?
    Yep,its normal just let it do its thing.
  3.    #3  
    oh ok thanks, i wasnt sure and also im afraid that if i start using it i will get a crack lol u guys have me all paranoid with "the crack" lol
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by froggys View Post
    oh ok thanks, i wasnt sure and also im afraid that if i start using it i will get a crack lol u guys have me all paranoid with "the crack" lol
    I have never charged either of our two TouchPads with the cable, have only used TouchStones since July, no cracks.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    See now, if you were Irish you wouldn't be worried about the crack at all.

I leave my TP on the TS overnight and when I'm not using it just to keep it topped up.
    Quote Originally Posted by froggys View Post
    I am using the touchstone for the first time today and have noticed that it takes much longer to charge than thru the usb method? Is this normal? Anyone else notice this?
    My family has been using touchstones for a month now, no cracks to be seen. I've also been using a touchstone with my pre nearly two years now, and it is fine. The screen hasn't burnt out, or has burn in. Yes, there have been posts questioning about that too in the past. It doesn't matter if it is impossible with the technology, people will bring up a fear about it, ie screen burn in which is a issue on tube CRT displays not lcds. Or a glass screen cracking next after your speaker has cracks near it in the rear case.

Take other peoples fears and opinions on internet forums with a grain of salt, everyone wants to clamor for a reason to point their finger to. In all honesty, every product line has their issues, And not every single item is at risk of said issue. Plus, internet forums are an echo chamber, issues are amplified, since people without problems rarely bother to goto various forums to post their positive experiences or lack of problems. Yet, people who are dissatisfied will make it a point to tell the world over and over again.

Even popular premium products with a reliable service record from the public have their problems. Look at Toyota, BMW, or a Mercedes Benz, they have service and repair shops at all their dealerships just like any other car company.

confirmation bias, its a very human thing.

-sent from one of five family touchpads that are crack free.
    Last edited by LinuxKoss; 09/20/2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: touchpad spell checking can be annoying
    oldskoolluva likes this.