Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoswede View Post
    To be fair, it doesn't really work in iOS or Android, either. Sadly enough, the functionality is awesome in Symbian (it actually pops up a new, word-wrapped text window).
    On webOS phones cursor movement worked really well. You just hold the orange or white block key (I don't remember the proper name for it) and just slide your finger left or right anywhere on the screen to move the cursor.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    You can release the drag marker, scroll the text with your finger, and resume moving the marker. I had to figure this out the other day.

Using shift+arrow keys or shift+pgup/pgdn/home/end like you can do in Windows would make things a lot easier. Hope an update brings this functionality eventually.
    This does not work for me. Can anyone else confirm this actually works?
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    This does not work for me. Can anyone else confirm this actually works?
    Can't scroll the text with my finger.
    Yep, same here. I can't seem to figure it out either. It's very frustrating. I've actually put my Touchpad down and picked up my phone to post FB updates. At least then I can navigate and fix my text.
    It seems to work in some text-entry fields, but not all. In Communities, for instance, I cannot make it scroll.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Oh my frickin spoken word. I FIGURED IT OUT!! Ok webOS lovers and haters, I tried this and it worked. I hope I'm not repeating someone else's findings making me look like an *****.

Ready? Double tap, but on the second tap, hold it down, do not release your finger, and then while keeping your finger down, you can scroll either way and it will highlight the text you want. Oh I hope I'm the savior.

pea soup in a can
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Ready? Double tap, but on the second tap, hold it down, do not release your finger, and then while keeping your finger down, you can scroll either way and it will highlight the text you want. Oh I hope I'm the savior.
    That's as close as webOS on TouchPad gets, but I don't think that it's the simple cursor positioning that the OP was after.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    That's as close as webOS on TouchPad gets, but I don't think that it's the simple cursor positioning that the OP was after.
    Well I re-read what he said and it was that he can't scroll byond the certain point on the address bar or whatnot. And what my method does is that when you double tap, you can scroll beyond that point while holding down after the double tap and it will allow you to scroll to the point where you wanted to get to to begin with and at the same time, it highlights the text. So, if thats not what you want hightlighted, at least you arrived to the point where you wanted to be. Then you let go of your finger and then tap again and the highlight will go away. Then you can do the double tap again in either direction and it will highlight the text you want and you stop at the point where you want to copy, or see what was there. I think this method IS what the OP was referring to.

Maybe he can confirm if this works for him.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12