Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I know there are only limited stock that went out in Singapore so I thought I start a thread for SG based owners to share your experience and build a local community.

    My devices:
    Touchpad 32 GB + accessories (BT keyboard, cover, dock, travel adapter)
    Veer + touchstone - AT&T version
    Pre3 arriving soon hopefully (cross fingers)

    Prevoius:
    Palm III
    Palm Vx
    Visor Prism

    Make a post and say hi Let's help each other out where we can.

    Yes - rePREsent was a bit cheeky!
  2. #2  
    Yup got my tp at fire sale price. You may be interested in this. WEBOS users and devices - SPUG Forums
  3. #3  
    So there is firesale TouchPad in Singapore?

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  4. #4  
    There were 2 'waves' of firesale prices.

    The first was 'HP doing the right thing' by giving massive refunds for early adopters who paid the full price. So after the refunds, my TP costs the same as the firesale price.

    The second initiative was an actual firesale at the local quarterly computer fair which was attended by 700k people. That didn't turn out too well (queue/mob/expectations management issues). It got shut down on the second day when it became apparent that there might be loss of life amidst the pushing and shoving. Currently HP's FB account is still somewhat 'hijacked' by folks who felt slighted they didn't get their inexpensive TPs...

  5. #5  
    Hi,

    I am from Singapore as well, just got my 32GB touchpad today.

    I got it as an employee of HP. For us, we get to ballot the leftover stock from COMEX.

    Great resources in this forum!
  6. #6  
    Hi, I am another owner of a 32GB TouchPad from Singapore. Got it as part of a Purchase-With-Purchase deal from the recent COMEX 2011.

    Have another Palm Tungsten TX and Treo 680 in my collection.

    Nice to know you all!
  7. #7  
    Got mine from Comex firesale, 32GB model.
  8. #8  
    anyone at singapore want to sell Touchpad 32gb at firesale price + some $$. I have brother live there. he can buy it for me. he isn't interested in WebOS due he is iOS fans, so he won't spare some times to hunt down firesale Touchpad there
  9.    #9  
    @Jeffreyen - can we invite the SPUG webOS users to post here as well? I think it would be good to let them know about this site in case they are still not aware


    Out of curiosity what 'country' did you join? I joined mine to US off the bat so not sure what the SG app market looks like. Anyone tried this?
  10. #10  
    It's correct to join US apps. Paid apps for sg are not activated.

    Sign up for a US debit card at USunlocked.com :: Get a US shipping and billing address and shop in the USA.
    whemix likes this.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks Jeffyen for sharing

    Guys like this thread so that we can float bump this and let more SG users be aware!
  12.    #12  
    What problems are you seeing so far with your touchpad / webOS devices?
  13. Fatfool's Avatar
    Posts
    224 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffyen View Post
    It's correct to join US apps. Paid apps for sg are not activated.

    Sign up for a US debit card at USunlocked.com :: Get a US shipping and billing address and shop in the USA.
    There are no paid apps whatsoever listed for Singapore?

    Strange. Wasn't it just a tickbox for the developers? (The Australian catalog has a few paid apps now that users have requested developers to enable it)

    What about Free apps?
  14.    #14  
    Fatfool, yes it should be but I guess developers are lazy to do it? :P Honestly not sure but I can imagine some apps are deliberately keeping it within US for legal reasons.

    I just applied for US unlocked card - hoping to get load it up to my TP later today!
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by whemix View Post
    @Jeffreyen - can we invite the SPUG webOS users to post here as well? I think it would be good to let them know about this site in case they are still not aware


    Out of curiosity what 'country' did you join? I joined mine to US off the bat so not sure what the SG app market looks like. Anyone tried this?
    Actually most Spuggers are aware of Precentral (of course!) and Treocentral. Lot of us a long time Palm users and have follow Palm ups and downs for years. In a way, SPUG even pre-dates Precentral!
  16. Fatfool's Avatar
    Posts
    224 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by whemix View Post
    Fatfool, yes it should be but I guess developers are lazy to do it? :P Honestly not sure but I can imagine some apps are deliberately keeping it within US for legal reasons.

    I just applied for US unlocked card - hoping to get load it up to my TP later today!
    Yes. Actually I'm enquiring because I just got a Pre 3. I'm down under right now but of course I have a Singapore Credit card with me.

    This is rather annoying. I believe there are quite a number of Touchpads in Singapore right now but no apps for them?! (maybe should start to bug developers to do so)

    are the free apps enabled? Plus, I can't seem to get the simon malls card thingy.
  17. #17  
    Don't forget to use impostah at first time use the device, if App Catalog not yet open for Singapore market.
  18.    #18  
    I got my US Unlocked card working and loaded - purchased Splashtop for $4.99 - sweet!

    @ Fatfool did you get a Pre3 Qwerty or AZERTY? does it work with Singtel / Starhub / M1? I suggest change to US app market instead. You may not want to pay for apps but at least there more choices. And in case it is not clear - Singapore CC can not be used for US app market hence the US Unlocked route.
  19. Fatfool's Avatar
    Posts
    224 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    Don't forget to use impostah at first time use the device, if App Catalog not yet open for Singapore market.
    Strange. Cos the Australian market has a small app store.
  20. Fatfool's Avatar
    Posts
    224 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by whemix View Post
    I got my US Unlocked card working and loaded - purchased Splashtop for $4.99 - sweet!

    @ Fatfool did you get a Pre3 Qwerty or AZERTY? does it work with Singtel / Starhub / M1? I suggest change to US app market instead. You may not want to pay for apps but at least there more choices. And in case it is not clear - Singapore CC can not be used for US app market hence the US Unlocked route.
    I got a Pre 3 QWERTY EU version. I don't know if it works with Singtel/Starhub/M1 but my Pre Plus did. I'll know when I get back to Singapore. I'm currently studying in sydney

    I intend to activate on the australian app cat though since it has a small app store and I have an Australian debit card.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions