Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    I am in Aus and the App Store Promo offers never seem to activate successfully here.. but there is quite a bit available anyway!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    @fatfool

Yes your EU Pre3 will work fine in Singapore. I'm from Aus and in Singapore right now, with my EU Pre3 and its connected fine through Starhub. Been here for a week, everything with the phone works as expected.

Ps My carrier is Australia-based Telstra, and I'm in roaming mode. I expect your Singapore SIM card will be just fine.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpaul View Post
    @fatfool

Yes your EU Pre3 will work fine in Singapore. I'm from Aus and in Singapore right now, with my EU Pre3 and its connected fine through Starhub. Been here for a week, everything with the phone works as expected.

Ps My carrier is Australia-based Telstra, and I'm in roaming mode. I expect your Singapore SIM card will be just fine.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Thanks. And yep. I expect it to work fine once I get back. After all, I brought my Pre Plus (O2 UK) over and was using it on Dodo until yesterday. (migrating over to the Pre 3 at the moment.)
  4.    #24  
    Guys my Pre 3 has arrived! woot wooo!

I have not had the chance to activate it. Unfortunately I'll be out of SG for a month starting tomorrow so I can't play around with it :-s

I expect it to work off the bat with SG sims - unlike the Veer which I had to unlock. Although I think I may have to do the same startup sequence similar to Veer to get around the geo-restrictions and get an account assigned to US so that all my devices - touchpad, veer, pre3 are all associated with US.

Will try to post some feedback when I'm done.

Side note - anyone interested in having a webOS meet-up in SG?
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I suppose it'll work right off the bat. I don't upgrade phones that often and so I skipped the Pre 2 and veer.

I'm in for a meet up but won't be back till december so oh well.... Little late for that eh!
    I just switched from my treo 680 to a Pre3 and a Veer as backup. The touchpad 64GB i ordered off EBay will only arrived in SG late November (keeping my fingers crossed).

Hi everyone.. *wave...nice to know I'm not alone here.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    my Left speaker not working. Think have to call HP singapore.. Does anyone got the same prob from SG? Anybody contacted hp care centre pertaining tp issue? Will they support tp defects?
  8.    #28  
    @vanngoh - did you manage to get your TP repaired in Singapore? Perhaps maybe it's just a software issue - I had to install the 'pulseaudiio restarter' app from preware and use it once or twice when my speakers seems to go mute or cracking sounds.

I managed to play around with my Veer - have been tweaking it a lot and I think I got it to a state now where it is stable at 1.4GHz although I'm still trying to figure out why the CPU seems to randomly peak to 100% constant and only throttle down once I connect to internet (either wifi or 3g). I suspect this happens after I make or pickup a call but at least I have a work around (just enable 3g for a minute). With 3G data always on the problem does not happen at all but by turning my data off this allows my veer to last quite long, 2-3 days of light usage without charging.

As for my Pre 3 I'm having second thoughts of activating it. With it being a 'rare' animal now I kind of want to preserve it and I really don't need 3 phones (I already have a Galaxy S2 and Veer) so I'm not sure what to do with a 3rd phone.

On the other hand I have been using the veer and absolutely love it. I sometimes find myself trying to swipe at the bottom of my Galaxy S2 or press the center button expecting to see cards so that I can switch to another app I have open! Veer is good so I really really really want to use Pre 3. Decisions, decisions!
  9.    #29  
    To stay on topic though (Touchpad) - almost 6 months of ownership and still happy! There are news apps staring to be released in case you guys did not notice - assasin's creed, shrek carting, astraware's mahjong. All paid apps and this is a good sign that there is still interest from big name companies to develop for touchpad

What I really crave for though is an app similar to shownearby from Android and iOS. Something to show you the bus times and when is it arriving. I have always imagined to have a similar app in exhibition mode displaying you the status of buses in a specific bus stop and will ring an alarm when my bus arrives at my usual bus stop so that I can be there on-time all the time. That would be cool and awesome!

Another is gothere.sg - I really wish we can pan back and forth their maps and make their site work better in TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by whemix View Post
    @vanngoh - did you manage to get your TP repaired in Singapore? Perhaps maybe it's just a software issue - I had to install the 'pulseaudiio restarter' app from preware and use it once or twice when my speakers seems to go mute or cracking sounds.

I managed to play around with my Veer - have been tweaking it a lot and I think I got it to a state now where it is stable at 1.4GHz although I'm still trying to figure out why the CPU seems to randomly peak to 100% constant and only throttle down once I connect to internet (either wifi or 3g). I suspect this happens after I make or pickup a call but at least I have a work around (just enable 3g for a minute). With 3G data always on the problem does not happen at all but by turning my data off this allows my veer to last quite long, 2-3 days of light usage without charging.

As for my Pre 3 I'm having second thoughts of activating it. With it being a 'rare' animal now I kind of want to preserve it and I really don't need 3 phones (I already have a Galaxy S2 and Veer) so I'm not sure what to do with a 3rd phone.

On the other hand I have been using the veer and absolutely love it. I sometimes find myself trying to swipe at the bottom of my Galaxy S2 or press the center button expecting to see cards so that I can switch to another app I have open! Veer is good so I really really really want to use Pre 3. Decisions, decisions!
    Yes, your observation on the CPU speed peaking at the max after receiving calls or sms for Hp veer is spot on. I wonder if this is caused by webOS 2.1.2 or Uberkernel?
  11.    #31  
    I thought about that but it seems strange no one else using the same kernel have issues. I am logging my investigation in a separate thread titled Veer Battery issues - new clue

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12