Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    The fix breaks YouTube, and many other video sites on my touchpad. Also, hulu vids do not actually play...it plays the ads and then just goes black and eventually says "unable to play". Anyone else have this issue?

I should also mention I did disable my adblocker, delete cache and cookies, reboot, etc. Still have the black screen
    thanks that works for me.
    Could be just me, but the hulu vids are super choppy and there is some audio lag. It doesn't really seem worth it.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Try the hulu fix by ncinerate. Seem to work ok. Went to hulu played a video, it payed for a few minutes then the video went black, but still had audio. Decided to back the fix out by following the remove instructions. Checked to make sure hulu didn't work anymore and it didn't, but my HP Apps catalog still does not work. The message I get is "The action could not be completed. Try again later."

Any ideas of what might be wrong?

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by maypo52; 10/06/2011 at 02:32 PM. Reason: attach screen shot
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I just went back and re-read the instructions...I forgot to uninstall the change user agent...oops! Everything is good again. Lesson learned. RTFM
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    The new proxy setting apps in Preware got me to thinking that
    if someone created a small linux based proxy server that would rewrite the UserAgent
    and maybe even the initial device type string on the fly, the next Hulu fix could
    be as simple as install/run local linux proxy, install/run proxy setting app and point locally.
    Proxy could be configured to only mess with these values when going to
    Hulu (or other similar streaming sites), which would keep it from breaking the app catalog.

I know it's already possible to install the squid caching proxy, but it does
    a lot of things we don't need, and doesn't do the things we do need.

ian
    Great fix! A quick question, if you uninstall in order to get the HP App store working again do you have to start from the beginning to reinstall?

ie. mount -o remount,rw /

cd /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins

cp libflashplayer.so libflashplayer.so.bak

sed -i 's/WEB 10/WIN 10/' libflashplayer.so

Or can you just rerun the change-user-agent command?

Thanks!
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by radeoflier View Post
    Great fix! A quick question, if you uninstall in order to get the HP App store working again do you have to start from the beginning to reinstall?

ie. mount -o remount,rw /

cd /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins

cp libflashplayer.so libflashplayer.so.bak

Or can you just rerun the change-user-agent command?

Thanks!
    You'll just have to reapply the user-agent patch, thats it. The other part (changing web10 into win10) is just a flash user agent tweak - I'd just leave that applied because it allows you to use lots of other websites as well such as bbc iplayer etc....
    Last edited by ncinerate; 10/07/2011 at 03:06 PM.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    "Applying user agent spoof patch. Phone will reboot when done.
    ERROR: Could not find area to patch (unknown file version?)"

Hey everyone a friend asked me to help her install this patch for her. So far so good until I begin to apply the change user agent. The error is what I am getting above any thoughts or idea? I did not have the original Hulu patch on this unit. Just followed step by step, in the OP. Thanks again
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by wooguay View Post
    "Applying user agent spoof patch. Phone will reboot when done.
    ERROR: Could not find area to patch (unknown file version?)"

Hey everyone a friend asked me to help her install this patch for her. So far so good until I begin to apply the change user agent. The error is what I am getting above any thoughts or idea? I did not have the original Hulu patch on this unit. Just followed step by step, in the OP. Thanks again
    Ensure the touchpad is updated to 3.0.2.

The patch is very specific - if the TP is still on 3.0.0 or 3.0.1 it wont work. I'm assuming this is the case based on the error.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    ncinerate,

Do you have a similar patch for 3.0.3 update?

THX!
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    You can also, if you like, run these commands from inside the device using xterm (you'll have to install xecutah and xterm from preware to do this). You'll still have to move this file to your /media/internal first though - you can do that pretty simply by plugging the touchpad into the computer and going into USB STORAGE mode, then simply copying the change-user-agent file to the root directory (drag and drop, basically).
    pc - Downloaded the zip file from OP, unzipped it

touchpad - mounted touchpad to pc (big usb icon showing on tp), moved file change-user-agent to the default mounted tp directory (directory shows up on pc - safely removed tp from pc after transferring the unzipped file); ran xecutah, xserver, and xterm; typed /media/internal/change-user-agent at the initial prompt of xterm. A script ran in xterm. Waited several minutes and then held down power button to do a Device Restart. Not sure if I should have waited longer for it to automatically reboot?

Will do /media/internal/change-user-agent uninstall from xterm prompt when I need HP Apps.
    Last edited by lschroeder1947; 10/10/2011 at 06:46 PM.
    Apparently at least some hulu content is available unblocked through IMDB, has anyone tried it yet? Just fired up the movie I was watching last night on hulu with change-user-agent installed. But now it's uninstalled and the movie is playing.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by lolento View Post
    ncinerate,

Do you have a similar patch for 3.0.3 update?

THX!
    Last I checked the 3.0.3 update isn't officially out, so I hadn't updated the patch.

You could easily do so however. Check your browsers user-agent at a user-agent check website, then edit the .patch file in a text editor. Edit the slight difference so it matches up with the 3.0.3 user agent and it'll do the rest (you'll probably have to change the number 3.0.2 to 3.0.3, save the file, and apply it).

Easy as pie really. I'd do it myself but I don't have 3.0.3 and have no idea what user agent it's using (as I said, I'm assuming it's changed by 1 number and thus the existing patch isnt working).

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    The lib isn't in the same place on 3.0.3...it's not in /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins.

Any suggestions for other locations? Checked the folders up from BrowserSErverPlugins and didn't find it.
    Just type "find / -name libflashplayer.so" in xterm and you'll find it, if it's there. If it's found quickly, do a control-c to break the search if you have a keyboard or just minimize it, toss the card & start again if not. Or you can leave the search running but can take a while to search the entire filesystem.

FYI as discussed in the other thread, to watch hulu on imdb, the libflashplayer.so WEB to WIN string change is still required but not the change-user-agent.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Just type "find / -name libflashplayer.so" in xterm and you'll find it, if it's there. If it's found quickly, do a control-c to break the search if you have a keyboard or just minimize it, toss the card & start again if not. Or you can leave the search running but can take a while to search the entire filesystem.

FYI as discussed in the other thread, to watch hulu on imdb, the libflashplayer.so WEB to WIN string change is still required but not the change-user-agent.
    Thanks...I'll give that a try.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Found it in two places:

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.flashplugin-001/data/libflashplayer.so

Assume I only need to edit the first location. Is that correct?

Checked User agent online and get:

Mozilla/5.0 (hp-tablet; Linux; hpwOS/3.0.3; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) wOSBrowser/234.75 Safari/534.6 TouchPad/1.0

So should I use "Linux" in this command below instead of "WEB" ? Or Mozilla? Or Safari? Need some help... And is the "10" still applicable, or ?

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
    Found it in two places:

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.flashplugin-001/data/libflashplayer.so

Mozilla/5.0 (hp-tablet; Linux; hpwOS/3.0.3; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) wOSBrowser/234.75 Safari/534.6 TouchPad/1.0

So should I use "Linux" in this command below instead of "WEB" ? Or Mozilla? Or Safari? Need some help... And is the "10" still applicable, or ?

Anyone have any comments on my questions above? Appreciate the help...
    Found it in two places:

Anyone have any comments on my questions above? Appreciate the help...
    I don't think anyone knows. Almost nobody has 3.0.3. It's a simple thing to do and undo if you follow ncinerates instructions, specifically make a backup copy first, then do the sed command and restore the backup copy if needed. I personally have an unmodified copy (libflashplayer.so.orig) and a modified copy (libflashplayer.so.mod), I just copy the one I want to libflashplayer.so, quick & easy, no fuss no muss.

So if it were me I'd try modifiying /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so first & see if it works then /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.flashplugin-001/data/libflashplayer.so if not. They should be the same but without verifying they're identical I'd make backups of each. Or you can just change them both right off the bat, what's the harm? Again just make unmodified backup copies and you can easily revert if needed. And that's just a failsafe really because you technically should be able to back it out with sed but good to have a failsafe in case something goes wrong, fat fingers etc, I like a safety net. Good luck.
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast