Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Well I just set it after I fojnd it, then tried the about box which showed no change. *I didn't have time to check much else. *Next thing I know my app catalog was broken, so I know it had --some-- kind of effect

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Try editing it as you had, and go to this website:

Whats My User Agent?

cut and paste the result, I'm curious if you had an effect.

When I fiddled with this I was unable to make a change that effected my user agent. If you HAVE broken your app catalog, that might mean you figured out a way to actually make this work... Let me know the results and if possible exactly what you input into the file and I'll see if I can't get it to fix hulu through this method. Would make an "app" or "switch" much easier.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    Some you can watch it seems. I went to xfinitytv.comcast.net and am watching the daily show without signing into my Comcast account. No ads.

I'm making a some progress with hbogo. I removed the older Hulu fix and disable browser cache patch, tweaked some settings in Uberkernel.
    I'm at xfinitytv.comcast.net, pulled up daily show to test this, -not logged in- and it seems too be hanging at "obtaining authorization".

You sure this is working? How are you managing this?
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    I'm at xfinitytv.comcast.net, pulled up daily show to test this, -not logged in- and it seems too be hanging at "obtaining authorization".

You sure this is working? How are you managing this?
    I had been logged in at one point. While trying to play various selections, the xfinity site was continually bumping me out, and taking me back to the main page for me to download a 'suitable' browser (IE Explorer, Firefox, Safari), claiming that mine would have problems. I had to click on continue to site anyway.
    But the Daily Show was playing perfectly, no stuttering and in sync. I think the problem is on xfinity's end for not making all their selections consistent in delivery.

Despite the webpage indicating that I was not logged in (there is a sign in tab where my username would appear), maybe I was able to watch it due to cookies or browser cache from my previous visit.
    When I posted in the Comcast forum from my TouchPad about not being able to view HBOgo - it showed I was posting from a Toshiba Folio 100 for some reason. Not a TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    When I posted in the Comcast forum from my TouchPad about not being able to view HBOgo - it showed I was posting from a Toshiba Folio 100 for some reason. Not a TouchPad.
    Would there be a way to experiment using Windows as user agent to get around this with Comcast?
    Not sure it would make much difference in viewing some of their selections however, and being able to use the HP app store would take precedence if it were an either/or proposition.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    Would there be a way to experiment using Windows as user agent to get around this with Comcast?
    Not sure it would make much difference in viewing some of their selections however, and being able to use the HP app store would take precedence if it were an either/or proposition.
    This particular fix (for hulu) is somewhat simulating windows. If it doesn't work in the capacity you're looking for, then faking windows might not work ;p.

Try "Playon" works everytime. Hulu will NOT block it either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterjoy931 View Post
    Try "Playon" works everytime. Hulu will NOT block it either.
    What does it cost?
    Playon costs $79 for lifetime. It also will work on your Android or Iphone. I have google TV and it works. They have a 14 day free trial; nice way to see if it works for you.
    Thanks to ncinerate my Hulu is running.

Has anybody played with the browser cache to improve Hulu playback? I'm trying to find out if its just in my head. I'm actually been increasing the cache settings and I think I get better playback.
    Make sure you don't have an adblocking software installed. Delete your history/cache/cookies. Reboot your touchpad. Try hulu again.

It works, I'm watching something on hulu as I type this.
    Agree...works great. I'm using AdBlock and it still works. AdBlock will snag the first ad and Hulu will throw up a black error screen...but if you look in the top corner the window it will be counting down the time until content begins streaming. After this first block the rest of the ads seem to get thru on mine which is cool for me.

Everything worked perfectly as advertised in the instructions...if you run into issues with the file transfer make sure you put /media/internal/ in the destination box before you click the send to device button...and be patient while the patch loads after typing in the linux command...took a few moments for me but rebooted and hulu fired right up in the browser.

Kudos ncinerate...many thanks. good job, very appreciated
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I wish somebody would do it so that in that browser you could use the pull down menu on the top left to change the user agent in real time.
    oliviaik likes this.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by danstah View Post
    I wish somebody would do it so that in that browser you could use the pull down menu on the top left to change the user agent in real time.
    Harder than it sounds, still working on making it work without crashing the browser or not registering the change .

Making progress though - might have something out there soon.... Hoping to make a dropdown that lets you switch between ipad/touchpad/windows pc.

danstah likes this.
    for some reason my video playback is really choppy.

i have uberkernel set to 1.5 and these patches

add thubnav controls
    remove tap ripple
    Increase Touchpad Volume (lite)
    advanced reset options
    faster card animations hyper version
    increase touch sensitivity
    muffle system logging
    quiet powered messages
    remove dropped packet logging
    unset cfq io scheduler
    unthrottle download manager (Speeds up downloads massively!)

i cant understand why the video is soo bad. can anyone help me?
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Works fine for me, even running through a US VPN with the same setup you have.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Harder than it sounds, still working on making it work without crashing the browser or not registering the change .

Making progress though - might have something out there soon.... Hoping to make a dropdown that lets you switch between ipad/touchpad/windows pc.
    Sounds great --- looking forward to it.
    Hey, I looked into the UserAgentOverride thing. *Setting it doesn't appear to actually do anything except break the app store, so apparently the app catalog app is checking for that sort of thing somewhere. *Whatsmyuseragent.com did not show anything different.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I like Hulu but prefer to have the fix in Preware. Wishful thinking?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hello all, just got my TP in the "Great Firesale of 2011" (TM) and have been working on a way to get Hulu working without having to constantly switch settings or reboot.

As I understand it, Hulu are now checking both the flash version and the browser user agent.

So I have installed the Hulu patch that changes the flash version and for the user agent I figured I would go with the Squid proxy route similar to how PS3 users access Hulu, which can rewrite the user agent for a specified site.

Since you cannot set a proxy in the WebOS browser and I didn't want to be tethered to a PC anyway I generally used these instructions to get Squid setup on the TP itself:

SetupSquidTransparentProxy - WebOS Internals

The only difference being that I commented out the "cache_peer" Squid config line as that is about enabling WebOS to use a proxy external to the TP. (Also the instructions refer to if-up and if-down files, which do not appear to exist on my TP, but I tested by starting Squid manually anyway)

To rewrite the user agent I added the following to the squid.conf (Hulu works in my Safari browser and I figured it is probably closest to the WebOS browser so I used its user agent):

Code:
    acl hulu url_regex -i ^http://.*.hulu.com/.*
    header_access User-Agent deny hulu
    header_replace User-Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_1) AppleWebKit/534.48.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Safari/534.48.3
    Unfortunately I still seem to get the "unsupported platform" message from Hulu so I'm wondering if Hulu uses another domain to test the user agent or even sends something to a port other than 80 as the iptables configuration is only passing traffic destined for port 80 through Squid.

And yes I tested that this works to rewrite the user agent by changing the regex pattern to whatsmyuseragent.com and visiting it on my TP before and after starting Squid.

Anyone got any ideas on how to configure iptables/Squid to get this to work?

P.S. While I could browse the HP App Catalog while Squid was running, it somehow broke the downloading of apps even though it is supposed to be transparent.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Jus did this last night and is working great!!! Looking up for any progress or upgrades you make. Thanks
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast