Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    [B]EDIT: . . .

TADA, HULU works once more! Your app catalog is now broken.

If it's still not working (black screen on videos) you need to remove any adblocking patches you have (adblock or max blocker), delete cache/history/cookies in the browser, and reboot the touchpad. Now Hulu will work.

When you want to fix your app catalog so you can download new programs, go back to the linux command line again (in webosquickinstall) and type:

/media/internal/hulu uninstall.

This will break hulu and fix your app catalog. It'll take 30 seconds or less to complete and you're back in business.

The patch will stay on the device, so you can easily flip back and forth from hulu installed and uninstalled.
    I followed all the instructions but all I get in "Xecutah/Xterm" is "permission denied". Any ideas?
    "The technology of a sufficiently advanced civilization will be virtually indistinguishable from magic."

Sir Arthur C. Clarke
    I just finished installing the fix and hulu plus so far is happy. I also did a similar fix to the Android side and no complaints from hulu.

thanks again for the information
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaElderGeek View Post
    I followed all the instructions but all I get in "Xecutah/Xterm" is "permission denied". Any ideas?
    Maybe you are not root? Type 'su' and press enter before running the hulu script
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    Well it no longer works. Now get: This video is not available at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times with the same results.

After the first time where it worked I did turn the Touchpad off. Not sure if this somehow missed things up.
    Quote Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
    Not only that, this "fix" also caused the App Catalog to display login credentials from other accounts when trying to access the App Catalog recently, so if you want to face potential problems with getting other people's account information and them getting yours, feel free to install this patch.

See this post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ccounts-2.html

This is what happens when you mess with parts of webOS that directly affect how the App Catalog works. You might want to check the thread I linked above if you installed this patch to make sure your credentials haven't been used by someone else.

Welcome to "Fully Know What You're Doing Technically Before You Tinker 101" folks.
    FYI - that hasn't been fully confirmed. There are a couple possible causes, but we never nailed down what the true culprit was with the app catalog issue.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grebnorf View Post
    Well it no longer works. Now get: This video is not available at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times with the same results.

After the first time where it worked I did turn the Touchpad off. Not sure if this somehow missed things up.
    Still working for me. Just pulled up the latest episode of Bones.

(also no problem here with the app catalog per dignitary's post.)
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ne_ATL View Post
    Can this patch be used for Comcast's Streampix?
    just tried, doesn't seem to work.. it says i must use Mozilia/IE/Safari.

i don't get why bother using AppleWebkit useragent to get hulu to work since you can just use the IE/Mozila useragent instead and the bonus is it would have worked with other types of useragent checking sites (ie comcast streampix and other video sites).. so as it is right now this hack only works with sites that allow Apple browser.. for some reason comcast don't seem to allow it so it doesn't work.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    can someone post the Agent to mimic firefox or IE useragent? i looked at the file and looks pretty straight foward but don't want to screw it up. trying to get touchpad to work with comcast streampix. im assuming hulu will still work with an IE/FF useragent.

i'm guessing these couple lines have to be changed?

Code:
    # these must be the same length
    # these are for webOS 3.0.5
    OLD_UA='Mozilla/5.0 (%s; Linux; %s/%s; U; %s) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) %s/234.83 Safari/534.6 %s/%s'
    NEW_UA='Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1.1; U; en) AppleWebKit/535.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) xp/234.76 Safari/535.2 01/07'
  9.    #449  
    Sorry, I've been away awhile (new baby at home) and honestly I haven't used webOS in awhile on my touch pad - the latest cm9 night lies are just that good.

Anyway, it sounds like the hulu patch isn't working. I can probably fix it. I'll try to get a new patch up later tonight for testing.

Quote Originally Posted by rs4ftw View Post
    can someone post the Agent to mimic firefox or IE useragent? i looked at the file and looks pretty straight foward but don't want to screw it up. trying to get touchpad to work with comcast streampix. im assuming hulu will still work with an IE/FF useragent.

i'm guessing these couple lines have to be changed?

Code:
    # these must be the same length
    # these are for webOS 3.0.5
    OLD_UA='Mozilla/5.0 (%s; Linux; %s/%s; U; %s) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) %s/234.83 Safari/534.6 %s/%s'
    NEW_UA='Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1.1; U; en) AppleWebKit/535.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) xp/234.76 Safari/535.2 01/07'
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Sorry, I've been away awhile (new baby at home) and honestly I haven't used webOS in awhile on my touch pad - the latest cm9 night lies are just that good.

Anyway, it sounds like the hulu patch isn't working. I can probably fix it. I'll try to get a new patch up later tonight for testing.
    Welcome back and congratulations! It's not that it isn't working, it just created some weird certification errors with the latest app cat update. The catalog won't update and personal info gets changed so you can't make a purchase. Not really a big deal as you've made it so easy to install/uninstall. When I actually want to use the catalog (not often) I simply remove the patch, reboot and all is well. Want hulu? Reinstall, no biggie. Thanks for checking back in, was wondering where you've been!
    Edit: Thoroughly agree with the nightlies; they really are THAT good
    Stay thirsty, my friends
  11.    #451  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Welcome back and congratulations! It's not that it isn't working, it just created some weird certification errors with the latest app cat update. The catalog won't update and personal info gets changed so you can't make a purchase. Not really a big deal as you've made it so easy to install/uninstall. When I actually want to use the catalog (not often) I simply remove the patch, reboot and all is well. Want hulu? Reinstall, no biggie. Thanks for checking back in, was wondering where you've been!
    Edit: Thoroughly agree with the nightlies; they really are THAT good
    Ahh, good to hear it's still working, I thought it needed fixing.

Actually, I intended to get involved in it -that- night, but ended up on a plane later the same day flying 1100 miles for a family emergency. NOT FUN.

Anyway, since it's still working I won't worry about it - hulu still working on the TP then? Confirmed? I don't want to go through the trouble of getting everything up and working correctly to fix it if it's already working .
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Ahh, good to hear it's still working, I thought it needed fixing.

Actually, I intended to get involved in it -that- night, but ended up on a plane later the same day flying 1100 miles for a family emergency. NOT FUN.

Anyway, since it's still working I won't worry about it - hulu still working on the TP then? Confirmed? I don't want to go through the trouble of getting everything up and working correctly to fix it if it's already working .
    I just watched America's Got Talent last night. I can confirm it still works, just "breaks" the app catalog (Pivot).
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Did the automated patch install (x 4 with uninstalls between each one, reboots too, wiped cache, etc). I go to Hulu.com and try to view content and hulu responds as follows:

"Unfortunately Hulu is not supported on your platform. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Broken?
    Bah! Don't bother replacing the UA template in the WebKit binary. It causes more problems than it is worth. Patch the Flash plugin as usual, then follow this: WebKit UserAgent Override - WebOS Internals

That will change the browser's user agent in webOS 3.0.0 - 3.0.5, but not LunaSysMgr's.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    dkirker,

I had tried that out quite some time ago, and had no useful results, at least on TouchPad. Anyone confirm that whatsmyuseragent shows a difference when putting that Override in?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    dkirker,

I had tried that out quite some time ago, and had no useful results, at least on TouchPad. Anyone confirm that whatsmyuseragent shows a difference when putting that Override in?
    Are you sure that you were using it right? It has been working for me.

UserAgentOverride=The User Agent without quotes

I actually implemented it.

I know for a fact that it works with 3.0.0 and 3.0.5. I see why it wouldn't work on 3.0.1, or the other releases.

Also, you'll need to make sure that the BrowserSerer process is killed and restarted after applying the fix.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    I had tried it. Maybe I had tried quotes. Not real sure. I saw the string when I was grepping the binaries, and had attempted, at least, with reboots inbetween checking. It's been a very long time since I tried, though.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Hi. I have a 32 GB Touchpad running 3.0.5. I tried installing the 3.0.5 Hulu patch as instructed, and used WebOS Quick Install to run the command lines. However, when I typed "/media/internal/hulu" I got an error that said the Hulu file couldn't be found. I tried rebooting the machine, and trying again, and I verified the file was in the correct folder ... but nothing. How do I resolve this issue?

Thanks for the help.

Gildren
    The new UberLuna appears to break this function... Alas. I dual boot to CM9 for Hulu and even that is hit or miss (mostly miss). Hulu simply does not want us watching them on our TP's! Oh well.
    Stay thirsty, my friends
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    The new UberLuna appears to break this function... Alas. I dual boot to CM9 for Hulu and even that is hit or miss (mostly miss). Hulu simply does not want us watching them on our TP's! Oh well.
    I haven't upgraded anything in WebOS for a while, so Hulu is still working fine. It stopped working in ICS a short while ago, but the hack has already been upgraded.

[MOD] Hulu/WIN Flash Hack - xda-developers

Just flash the JB_ICSflashhack*.zip file in CWM and you are up and running again. It means we are still ahead in the arms race!