Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes
  1.    #401  
    Quote Originally Posted by FastCargo View Post
    ncinerate,

I was wondering if you could look at this file...it's a modification of the most recent hulu patch for the Touchpad (3.0.5) into a patch that in theory will patch the North American ATT (unlocked) Pre3 (2.2.4).
    Ok, I went ahead and finished my alpha Pre 3 hulu patch....... This is pre 3 specific and I have no pre 3 to test it on, so I can't be 100% sure it works - but, a similar patch works on my pre2 and it is virtually identical. Also, before anyone gets any ideas, don't use this patch on a pre2, I have a pre2 specific patch for that.

I'm having issues uploading it, so I went ahead and tossed it on my box.net account here:
    https://www.box.com/s/ues9s7vio2fyod6kza85

There is -NO- guarantee this will work. To install, you need to first put your pre3 into usb storage mode. surf into the drive and make a new directory named:

hulu

Now into that directory, you need to unzip the file attached to this post (it has 3 files inside, unzip them into the /media/internal/hulu directory).

Now terminal into your pre3 either through webOS quick install or xterm.

Finally, type:

/media/internal/hulu/hulu install

to uninstall, do the same thing, and type

/media/internal/hulu/hulu uninstall

It should work.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    ncinerate, thanks so much for the patch. It was super easy to do, and HULU is up and running on my touchpad. Looking for a little advice. While HULU definitely plays all of the videos, I'm noticing that the sound is out of sync for HULU vids. Not sure if it's lagging because the HULU website is taking up too many resources from all of the other links or what. Think I should try overclocking my touchpad? Or maybe installing adblocker? Please let me know what ya think

edit. Dammmmmit! I went ahead & overclocked my Touchpad and now HULU doesn't work again. *Facepalm*
    Last edited by sweetrc10; 02/13/2012 at 10:33 PM.
  3.    #403  
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetrc10 View Post
    ncinerate, thanks so much for the patch. It was super easy to do, and HULU is up and running on my touchpad. Looking for a little advice. While HULU definitely plays all of the videos, I'm noticing that the sound is out of sync for HULU vids. Not sure if it's lagging because the HULU website is taking up too many resources from all of the other links or what. Think I should try overclocking my touchpad? Or maybe installing adblocker? Please let me know what ya think
    Overclocking is a good first step. I'm not seeing any audio sync issues, but I'm always overclocked so this may be the difference. At the very least bump things up to 1.5ghz (the actual speed of the processor in your touchpad - it's underclocked by HP).
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Overclocking is a good first step. I'm not seeing any audio sync issues, but I'm always overclocked so this may be the difference. At the very least bump things up to 1.5ghz (the actual speed of the processor in your touchpad - it's underclocked by HP).
    so i overclocked it & messed around with the logging settings (following these instructions TouchPadPlus.com -- The Leading Step By step Instruction to Jailbreak, Boost Up and Overclock TouchPad), and now the HULU patch stopped working. *so weak* think i can get it working again if i go back and put the setting back to normal, or am i kinda screwed now? Reeeally want to make HULU work
    I must have removed the older hulu patch on touchpad (which did apparently work but is not useful for me) but the BACK button on the HP App Catalog does not work even after the recent 5.0.3 OTA update ...what shuddi do?

update: when I went to make a "hulu" folder it claims there already is one ...all I find is a "file" called hulu with no extension and when I copy it to the pc desktop and view it in notepad it has lots of stuff about hulu patch ...what to do ...no hulu patch visible in webOSqi ...
    Last edited by patapoof; 02/15/2012 at 06:29 PM.
    When I use the hulu patch. I have to do a full reboot in order to get my back button to work again in the app catalog after I remove the patch. Did you try this?
    Hi,

I had Hulu fix working till v3.0.4. I tried the latest fix for v3.0.5 couple of times, but I still get the device not supported message when I visit hulu.com. What am I doing wrong? I see some error messages on libflashplayer, are there any additional steps I need to follow?

This is what I did.

Step one: Download the file attached to THIS post and EXTRACT (unzip) it to an easy to find spot (like your desktop).
    Step two: "send" this file (tools > send file) using webosquickinstall to /media/internal
    Step three: open a linux command line (tools > linux commandline) in webosquickinstall
    Step four: type this exactly into the terminal window: /media/internal/hulu

This is from the cmd window:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    root@skumartsHPTouchPad:/# /media/internal/hulu
    /media/internal/hulu
    User Agent Spoofer version HULU for HP touchpad
    Copyright 2009 - 2010 Carl E. Thompson (devel-webos [at] carlthompson.net)
    Much help from hofs1 and wtgreen at PreCentral.net . Thank you.
    Edited a hair by Ncinerate for Hulu compatibility

This program patches the web browser and flash player on the touchpad to enable
    Hulu
    This patch -will- break the app catalog app.
    To re-enable (fix) the app catalog you will need to uninstall this patch
    To uninstall this patch, terminal into the device with xterm or webos quick inst
    all and type:
    /media/internal/hulu uninstall

Applying Hulu Patch - this is an ALPHA patch, expect a few errors! This will tak
    e 30 seconds or less.
    BusyBox v1.17.3 () multi-call binary.

Usage: mount [OPTIONS] [-o OPTS] DEVICE NODE

Mount a filesystem. Filesystem autodetection requires /proc.

Options:

There are filesystem-specific -o flags.

Options:

cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer
    .so': Resource temporarily unavailable
    mv: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer
    .so.old': Resource temporarily unavailable
    mv: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer
    .so.sig.old': Resource temporarily unavailable
    sed: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so: No such file or directory

Options:

8.    #408  
    Quote Originally Posted by skumart View Post
    Hi,

I had Hulu fix working till v3.0.4. I tried the latest fix for v3.0.5 couple of times, but I still get the device not supported message when I visit hulu.com. What am I doing wrong? I see some error messages on libflashplayer, are there any additional steps I need to follow?
    The errors you are quoting sound like what happens when you try to run this patch while the phone is in USB STORAGE mode. Are you attempting to run this patch from USB STORAGE mode?

If so, get out of usb mode. Just plug the phone in, hit "no, I dont want USB storage" and then run the patch from a terminal window (webos quick install or xterm).

If that's not the case, you may have a missing libflashplayer.so file, which is a bigger problem. Double check that you have flash. If your flash player is missing, we will need to do a bit of fixing .

Thank you very much. Touchpad was in USB mode.
    Hi I was wondering, does the new 3.0.5 patch still break the app catalog? I recently installed the hulu patch for the first time with webOS quick install and currently both hulu and my app catalog work. I just had Soffware Manager pop up and update 4 programs and then immediately watched something on Hulu.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3FLi View Post
    Hi I was wondering, does the new 3.0.5 patch still break the app catalog? I recently installed the hulu patch for the first time with webOS quick install and currently both hulu and my app catalog work. I just had Soffware Manager pop up and update 4 programs and then immediately watched something on Hulu.
    I was of the impression this is impossible since it spoofs to be of an origin which does not jive with the app catalog... could it be regional?? ...might you wish to tell where you are (general area or country)?
    I'm in New York
    Quote Originally Posted by 3FLi View Post
    I'm in New York
    I would like to know if this can be confirmed...
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    I just installed the Hulu patch tonight and I too am able to access both Hulu and the app catalog.

I live in Georgia (the state, not the country).

Weird...
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post

I'm not sure how I can confirm this.

One weird thing I just noticed is that when I use the app catalog and pick an app to look at, the back button doesn't respond after tapping it so you are stuck on that page. Downloading the app and viewing the reviews and enlarging the sample pictures still work, but you have to close the app catalog and restart it to get back to the main navigation page.
  16.    #416  
    The hulu patch USED to break the app catalog.

What I -think- happened, is a dev at HP was using the hulu patch, got annoyed at the whole app-catalog problem, and removed the app catalog user agent check .

At any rate, the app catalog doesn't appear to care what your user agent is at this point, therefor, the old discussion of broken app catalog is no longer valid. There's still some little complaints, like oddball things happening in the catalog (back button not working etc) but I'm not sure if that's a patch-issue, or a general app catalog issue . Either way, it's a nice step forward and it sure was nice of HP/Palm to finally remove that annoying little constraint.

Prior to them removing it, I tried all sorts of strings to gain access to both hulu -and- the app catalog, but it was simply impossible to satisfy both.

So you are saying the "patch method" described here now "works" for Hulu without breaking the catalog or any stock apps? Thats good news that we should NEVER talk about for fear that Hulu is reading this thread. First rule of Hulu club, etc.

But I'm going to give it a try when I get home tonight. Thanks for the info!
  18.    #418  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    So you are saying the "patch method" described here now "works" for Hulu without breaking the catalog or any stock apps? Thats good news that we should NEVER talk about for fear that Hulu is reading this thread. First rule of Hulu club, etc.

But I'm going to give it a try when I get home tonight. Thanks for the info!
    That would appear to be the case .

Caveat emptor, of course.

Hulu patch does break the back button in the app catalog for me. Which makes it hard to use. Therefore I still install and uninstall it periodically.
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    Hulu patch does break the back button in the app catalog for me. Which makes it hard to use. Therefore I still install and uninstall it periodically.
    ...I redownloaded 3.0.5 version following carefully the links provided below to make sure it is the latest and correct one... I followed the install instructions exactly ...now I watch hulu and also the hp app back button IS working BOTH features whereas before I had to toggle as well ...it is worth the trouble !!!