Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    thanks very much ncinerate for that detailed explanation. it really is very helpful.

this makes me think can we change user agent of say firefox with useragent switcher so we could use the app catalog on PC (for example to use promocodes when we can't get to our touchpads) ?
    Possible, maybe, but not terribly easy. In addition to your browser agent, the app catalog app also handles verification of your palm profile etc, ensuring that you have access to the apps you paid for, for example.

In short, probably more trouble than it is worth .
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Make sure you don't have an adblocking software installed. Delete your history/cache/cookies. Reboot your touchpad. Try hulu again.

It works, I'm watching something on hulu as I type this.
    Yep, that was required in order to get the agent change to work.

Thanks
    Good to see someone's trying to keep hope alive for Hulu. I personally am done chasing Hulu access. It's just not THAT good of a site.
    nice! Waiting for someone to make this into a homebrew app w a switch to enable and disable it.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    SithLord likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by *****lyPete View Post
    Good to see someone's trying to keep hope alive for Hulu. I personally am done chasing Hulu access. It's just not THAT good of a site.
    Agreed. I was perfectly happy to watch Hulu and suffer through their unskippable commercials. But now? Screw it. I'll just pirate the shows I want to watch. No hassle, no commercials, and no buffering problems. It's a win-win. Thanks, Hulu!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Boycott companies that try to mess with us...
    I wrote HULU an email and they gave me a bunch of BS about why they were blocking us in the first place. I guess they believe anyone who would use their service must be a dunce.
    Also am dropping Netflix because they are similarly against us. I asked them to consider working with the TP people to allow access on our TPs and got a bunch of $%^&*(
    Our only real choice is to cut them off and push for newer and better services.
    Quote Originally Posted by oglerb View Post
    Boycott companies that try to mess with us...
    I wrote HULU an email and they gave me a bunch of BS about why they were blocking us in the first place. I guess they believe anyone who would use their service must be a dunce.
    Also am dropping Netflix because they are similarly against us. I asked them to consider working with the TP people to allow access on our TPs and got a bunch of $%^&*(
    Our only real choice is to cut them off and push for newer and better services.
    Netflix isn't 'against' TouchPad users. There's just zero reason to support it from a financial standpoint. Hulu is actively trying to remove access to the site on TouchPads. big difference. All the difference in the world actually.
    I'll have you know I joined the forum just to get this fix. Brilliant sir! I'm re-enjoying hulu at this very moment.
    Wow, Joined for this and it works perfectly, Thank you soo much.
    Amazing patch. Works for me (+ BlackVPN)
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by *****lyPete View Post
    I just go directly to abc.com etc. No need for Hulu, for me.
    the app Video Flood is worth the money. I do appreciate this community, but if hulu does by want us on their site, then we should not waste our time. Video Flood can do the same and it is in an app format
    Now if this only worked for HBOgo too
    Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    and xfinity
    The XFINITY TV App
    allowingtoo likes this.
    I found an interesting couple of settings that can be setip in browser-platform.conf: useragentindex and useragentoverride *.. Maybe those can be used to avoid having to patch the binary, and maybe enable on the fly switching.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    and xfinity
    The XFINITY TV App
    Is any of this stuff free?? I don't think playon is free?? or is it...
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I found an interesting couple of settings that can be setip in browser-platform.conf: useragentindex and useragentoverride *.. Maybe those can be used to avoid having to patch the binary, and maybe enable on the fly switching.

If you experiment with this further and can pull off anything interesting I'd love to hear about it. If you can put something in there that makes the user agent change I'd love to hear aboug it (use a "whats my user agent" website to test it, and make sure you reload it since browser cache on the touchpad is insanely overused).

My fiddling with that particular file didn't end up bearing fruit, but you may have more success .
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Well I just set it after I fojnd it, then tried the about box which showed no change. *I didn't have time to check much else. *Next thing I know my app catalog was broken, so I know it had --some-- kind of effect

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRochie View Post
    Is any of this stuff free?? I don't think playon is free?? or is it...
    Some you can watch it seems. I went to xfinitytv.comcast.net and am watching the daily show without signing into my Comcast account. No ads.

I'm making a some progress with hbogo. I removed the older Hulu fix and disable browser cache patch, tweaked some settings in Uberkernel.
    Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    hbogo works for me on my touchpad
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast