Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Ok, I'll try and help.

Step 1: Start from the beginning. What did you do?

Step 2: What is your flash identifier currently showing? WEB or WIN or LNX?
    Find Flash Player version

Step 3: What is your user agent currently showing?
    What's My IP Address? Networking Tools & More
    I downloaded the new hulu patch file after teh hulu stopped woring when my OS was updated by HP. I used WebOSQuickInstall-4.3.1 to uplad the file to my tablet and then used the command line to run the file. /media/internal/hulu

flashplayer is identified as 10.3.185.65 Linux 2.5.35-palm-tenderlion

Current user agent is:
    Mozillia/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1.1; U; en) AppleWebKit/535.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) xp/234.76 Safari/535.2 01/07
    Quote Originally Posted by stirnick View Post
    If you look further down the page linked to above, you'll find the "WEB or WIN or LNX" string.
    Sorry for the dumb question...but how do I open a terminal window in xterm?
  4.    #364  
    I downloaded the new hulu patch file after teh hulu stopped woring when my OS was updated by HP. I used WebOSQuickInstall-4.3.1 to uplad the file to my tablet and then used the command line to run the file. /media/internal/hulu

Current user agent is:
    Mozillia/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1.1; U; en) AppleWebKit/535.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) xp/234.76 Safari/535.2 01/07
    Yeah, wrong thing - I need to see your flash identifier. Look at the flash page, scroll down, you'll see it.

Your user agent set properly, so its almost certainly your flash string that didn't apply properly.
    Yeah, wrong thing - I need to see your flash identifier. Look at the flash page, scroll down, you'll see it.

Your user agent set properly, so its almost certainly your flash string that didn't apply properly.
    version= web
    OS = linux 2.6.35
  6.    #366  
    version= web
    OS = linux 2.6.35
    YAY!

Ok, now we know what's wrong. For some odd reason the patch properly edited your user agent, but not your flash string.

So, here's how we're going to solve this. First go into a terminal window for the touchpad (like, use webOSquickinstall and hit tools/linux commandline.

Now, type the following things exactly NOTE - I've seperated each WHOLE command to make this less confusing (there are only 6 commands below, you need to input them one by one). Word-wrap makes this appear like 2 different lines and makes it difficult to see the spaces, but these are all ONE big long command each. So my suggestion is that you highlight the entire string (from mv /media/etc etc etc all the way to the end of the line where it's saying /libflashplayer.so.old), then cut/paste it into the terminal window. You must cut/paste EACH of these 6 commands into the terminal window. Once finished, reboot your touchpad and HULU will work properly.

mount –o remount,rw /

mount –o remount,rw /media/cryptofs

cp /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/

mv /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so.old

mv /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so.sig /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so.sig.old

sed -i 's/WEB 10/LNX 10/' /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    I have 3.0.5 and I put on the hulu patch and it works perfectly ...for once no complaints !!
    YAY!

Ok, now we know what's wrong. For some odd reason the patch properly edited your user agent, but not your flash string.

So, here's how we're going to solve this. First go into a terminal window for the touchpad (like, use webOSquickinstall and hit tools/linux commandline.

Now, type the following things exactly NOTE - I've seperated each WHOLE command to make this less confusing (there are only 6 commands below, you need to input them one by one). Word-wrap makes this appear like 2 different lines and makes it difficult to see the spaces, but these are all ONE big long command each. So my suggestion is that you highlight the entire string (from mv /media/etc etc etc all the way to the end of the line where it's saying /libflashplayer.so.old), then cut/paste it into the terminal window. You must cut/paste EACH of these 6 commands into the terminal window. Once finished, reboot your touchpad and HULU will work properly.

mount –o remount,rw /

mount –o remount,rw /media/cryptofs

cp /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/

mv /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so.old

mv /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so.sig /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so.sig.old

sed -i 's/WEB 10/LNX 10/' /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so
    Everything goes good until this point

cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so': Resource temporarily unavailable

copy command is not finding path after cryptofs
    pwd
    /media/cryptofs
    cd apps
    /bin/sh: cd: can't cd to apps
    Everything goes good until this point

cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so': Resource temporarily unavailable

copy command is not finding path after cryptofs
    pwd
    /media/cryptofs
    cd apps
    /bin/sh: cd: can't cd to apps
    Okay thanks for the help. The errors I had earlier where cleared once I rebooted and connected to the computer again I was able to complete the commands, reboot and get Hulu to work.

Thanks again for your patients with working with me.
  10.    #370  
    Okay thanks for the help. The errors I had earlier where cleared once I rebooted and connected to the computer again I was able to complete the commands, reboot and get Hulu to work.

Thanks again for your patients with working with me.
    Glad to hear that worked for you .

I figured it would - still really puzzled that the patch didn't properly take the first time around. Odd.

Next time I re-work the patch I'm going a whole different direction with it in order to make things alot more fool-proof, but for now, it's serviceable. Enjoy hulu.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Hey N,
    Wondering if you can suggest a new user string for ubuntu firefox that I could paste into the patch, need to test something for a friend.

Thanks!
  12.    #372  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Hey N,
    Wondering if you can suggest a new user string for ubuntu firefox that I could paste into the patch, need to test something for a friend.

Thanks!
    You can make the string whatever you want. The only issue is the new string must be EXACTLY the same length of the old one. I take advantage of the length to spoof a basic windows nt system, I'm not sure the string is long enough to properly spoof ubuntu Firefox.

I will look later, or you could look at it by opening the patch file in notepad++. Just go online and find a ubuntu user agent string, then paste it into the "new-ua" slot. If it doesn't match length, delete or add some stuff to pad it out, leaving in the major identifying strings.

You can make the string whatever you want. The only issue is the new string must be EXACTLY the same length of the old one. I take advantage of the length to spoof a basic windows nt system, I'm not sure the string is long enough to properly spoof ubuntu Firefox.

I will look later, or you could look at it by opening the patch file in notepad++. Just go online and find a ubuntu user agent string, then paste it into the "new-ua" slot. If it doesn't match length, delete or add some stuff to pad it out, leaving in the major identifying strings.
    Thanks, if you can find the time I'd appreciate your doing it as I might take out something that is needed.
  14.    #374  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Thanks, if you can find the time I'd appreciate your doing it as I might take out something that is needed.
    I've attached a patch that should work for you. Make sure you uninstall any hulu fix you have installed now before using it.

Extract it to your touchpad, terminal into your touchpad, and type:

cd /media/internal
    ubuntu

Should work.

If you just wanted the string, here is what I came up with:

Mozilla/5.0 (Ubuntu; X11; en-US; Linux i686; rv:8.112) WebKit/534.61 KHTML Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0a4

That spoofs the most recent firefox alpha. No idea why you'd want to do this of course...
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've attached a patch that should work for you. Make sure you uninstall any hulu fix you have installed now before using it.

cd /media/internal
    ubuntu

Should work.

Mozilla/5.0 (Ubuntu; X11; en-US; Linux i686; rv:8.112) WebKit/534.61 KHTML Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0a4

That spoofs the most recent firefox alpha. No idea why you'd want to do this of course...
    Might allow you to play facebook words with friends?
    Again, I'm sorry for asking this question again, but I cannot find and/or figure out what you guys mean by opening a terminal window/terminal into your touchpad...to write the code. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  17.    #377  
    Quote Originally Posted by dshin777 View Post
    Again, I'm sorry for asking this question again, but I cannot find and/or figure out what you guys mean by opening a terminal window/terminal into your touchpad...to write the code. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    It's well explained in the posts that describe the process of installing this patch.

You do -NOT- have to "write" code. Done properly the only thing you will type into a terminal window is the word "hulu".

You use webosquickinstsll (tools/linux command-line) or you install xecutah/xserver/xterm from preware and use xterm.

If you can't seem to do this after following the explicit instructions in the post liked in my signature below this message, I HIGHLY recommend you stay far away from this patch. Its an alpha level patch and not really built in a foolproof public consumption way.

It's well explained in the posts that describe the process of installing this patch.

You do -NOT- have to "write" code. Done properly the only thing you will type into a terminal window is the word "hulu".

You use webosquickinstsll (tools/linux command-line) or you install xecutah/xserver/xterm from preware and use xterm.

If you can't seem to do this after following the explicit instructions in the post liked in my signature below this message, I HIGHLY recommend you stay far away from this patch. Its an alpha level patch and not really built in a foolproof public consumption way.
    Thanks for the advice. I actually did install xecutah/xserver/xterm and when I opened up xterm, I couldn't anything with it. It only shows different updates and uses for xterm. There isn't anything to click on to type. I've successfully overclocked my TP with relative ease following this sites instructions...so I'm not sure why I can't perform this task.

As far as using webosquickinstsll...when you write (tools/linux command-line) am I correct in assuming that there is a tools app on my TP that I click on to and then go to linux command-line? Thanks again for all your help.

cd /media/internal
    ubuntu

Should work.

Worked thanks. Needed to try a firefox user string for a website for friends.

Separate question: are you all able to play episodes of thedailyshow straight from the website? I could a few days ago, now it is coming up that my flashplayer is not enabled.
    (colbert still seems to work). This is with and without changing user agent.
    Quote Originally Posted by dshin777 View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I actually did install xecutah/xserver/xterm and when I opened up xterm, I couldn't anything with it. It only shows different updates and uses for xterm. There isn't anything to click on to type. I've successfully overclocked my TP with relative ease following this sites instructions...so I'm not sure why I can't perform this task.

As far as using webosquickinstsll...when you write (tools/linux command-line) am I correct in assuming that there is a tools app on my TP that I click on to and then go to linux command-line? Thanks again for all your help.
    nevermind...figured out how to use xterm.