Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes
  1. svp
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    you appear to be contradicting earlier posts...

ok, do what I said inmy last big post, only reverse the lnx 10 web 10 line (switch web with lnx)

that should get hulu working. You need the lnx strjng And the win nt user agent string
    Sadly, that did not work. About to Doctor the device. Will post back conclusion. Once I get it Dr'd again, I should install the 'new' fix only right? Not the 'box' download 'fix' and no 'user agent' fix, right?

If I don't hear back from you, I'll try that and Dr. it again if need be.
  2. svp
    Quote Originally Posted by svp View Post
    Sadly, that did not work. About to Doctor the device. Will post back conclusion. Once I get it Dr'd again, I should install the 'new' fix only right? Not the 'box' download 'fix' and no 'user agent' fix, right?

If I don't hear back from you, I'll try that and Dr. it again if need be.
    Returning TP to my friend undoctored as I forgot I can't doctor it on my Mac running OSX 10.7.2 (HP has to update their doctor to be compatible with OSX 10.7.2). It says a newer version exists (on my Mac already). Yeah, right!

So I 'll return it to my friend and let him doctor it on his Windows machine. Then when it's back to virgin status I'll follow your new hulu fix guidelines.

Just to confirm, I'll only need that right?

Won't need a change user agent nor the box download fix. Right?

Please confirm. Thanks. Cheers.
  3.    #323  
    No fix file whatsoever. Doctor it, then run the file in my signature line below this sentence. Do NOT install a fix file on it - that file was created to try and solve a problem. A virgin touchpad will not need that file - it will only need the HULU file from my sig line.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  4. svp
    So I'm back where I was on page 13 of this post. Flash showing WEB, not LNX. User agent showing WinNT, not Touchpad.

I ran the fix from page 13 (since I can't dr. this without a PC) and got a permission denied response in Terminal. Here's a photo.
    Last edited by svp; 01/05/2012 at 11:08 AM.
  5.    #325  
    Try this in terminal:

mount –o remount,rw /

mount –o remount,rw /media/internal

/media/internal/fix

If that doesn't work (permission denied), hell, try to sudo it:

sudo /media/internal/fix

If that doesn't work, I have no idea why you're getting permission denied errors. I have never ran into this problem.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  6. svp
    Is there a space after sudo /? Or is it sudo/ (no space)?
    Just copy and paste the line. You can see there's a space there.
    Mine is working and I didn't remove the fix. Anybody else see this happening?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gaitch32 View Post
    Mine is working and I didn't remove the fix. Anybody else see this happening?
    Mine still works after the fix. Weird.
    Mine would always break after the Hulu fix. I set up Tuckerbox and later started the catalog forgetting about having the fix on and it worked.

I don't know if it is a coincidence or if Tuckerbox had anything to do with it. My catalog acts funny once in a while without the fix. Sometimes Pivot would be gone and just a webpage shows up in the front and the catalog has all sorts of other apps that normally don't appear. It might be because I use Tor Browser and my IP appears that I am coming out of Kazakhstan or something.
    just installed on my TP, Hulu works.

App Catalog seems to work fine. Sometimes the "featured" page will take a while to load, but my bookmarks, app browser, and search seem to be ok

Actually, now I see what you mean by 'broken'. The app catalog still works, functionally, but it becomes decoupled from your webOS account.

For example, going to "Preferences and Accounts" showed that my receipts were set to be emailed to someone else's email address and my credit card info was gone.

Removing and rebooting reset everything.
    Last edited by bigbeck89; 01/12/2012 at 12:16 PM.
    I need to doctor a touchpad back to 3.02 (don't ask). Does anyone have a hulu patch for 3.02 or can give me instructions/the file to have the change user agent identify as firefox in 3.02?
    Firefox or windows, doesn't matter, just need to fool (er I mean re-identify to) a particular website...
    Thanks!

edit: are the instructions in the first post still good for 3.02?
    edit2: used instructions in first post for 3.02 and they worked, thanks for keeping them up there.
    Last edited by bluenote; 01/12/2012 at 10:16 PM.
  13. MVP
    Will this work with the 3.0.5 update?
    Is there anything I should do before updating? Like uninstall hulu? Remove the file?
    Thanks for any info!
    Quote Originally Posted by MVP View Post
    Will this work with the 3.0.5 update?
    Is there anything I should do before updating? Like uninstall hulu? Remove the file?
    Thanks for any info!
    I updated to 3.05 and th hulu patch no longer works. Will there be an update to the patch?
    U.S. Robotics PalmPilot 1000 --> U.S. Robotics PalmPilot Professional --> Palm III --> m505 --> Palm IIIc --> Tungsten T3 --> Samsung SCH-i760 (Windows Mobile) --> Motorola Droid (Android) --> now back to Palm with the Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroTerp View Post
    I updated to 3.05 and th hulu patch no longer works. Will there be an update to the patch?
    If you have the webOS 3.0.4 version of the hulu patch file from ncinerate on your computer you can open it up with a text editor like notepad.

take the line that says:
    OLD_UA='Mozilla/5.0 (%s; Linux; %s/%s; U; %s) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) %s/234.76 Safari/534.6 %s/%s'

and change it to:
    OLD_UA='Mozilla/5.0 (%s; Linux; %s/%s; U; %s) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) %s/234.83 Safari/534.6 %s/%s'

save it and send it to your touchpad. Then do like you would normally do:
    1)open XTerm
    2)cd to the place where the hulu patch is
    3)type "hulu" without the quotes
    4)?????
    5)profit

It worked for me as a quick fix, but you may want to wait for ncinerate to release the real patch.
    mcniela and matteebee13 like this.
    Just curious... How the h-e-double hockey sticks did you figure THAT out?
    Stay thirsty, my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Just curious... How the h-e-double hockey sticks did you figure THAT out?
    We'll call it a good guess ;-). I googled "what's my user agent" and clicked on the first link. it spat out a long string of gobbledygøok and I look for similar gobbledygøok in the hulu patch. In summary: google, copy, paste, pray, and done... like a true child of the modern age lol.

The real hero is ncinerate for his great patch without which I could not watch my slingbox via the facebook app!
  18. svp
    Quote Originally Posted by ledzepman71 View Post
    We'll call it a good guess ;-). I googled "what's my user agent" and clicked on the first link. it spat out a long string of gobbledygøok and I look for similar gobbledygøok in the hulu patch. In summary: google, copy, paste, pray, and done... like a true child of the modern age lol.

The real hero is ncinerate for his great patch without which I could not watch my slingbox via the facebook app!
    Hi Ledzepman71. I'm a big fan of Slingplayer. Can you explain in further depth how you got it to work with Facebook app please? Thanks. I'm not a FB user, but if I can use Slingplayer on it somehow, it may tweak my interest further. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by svp View Post
    Hi Ledzepman71. I'm a big fan of Slingplayer. Can you explain in further depth how you got it to work with Facebook app please? Thanks. I'm not a FB user, but if I can use Slingplayer on it somehow, it may tweak my interest further. Thanks.
    new thread working: slingplayer on the Touchpad! (through facebook of all things) . Svp, idk how else to do it besides the facebook app. I have tried everything else and the fb app is the only way I know of, so if you really want the ability to sling it may be worth making a bogus account. Cheers.
  20.    #340  
    Quote Originally Posted by ledzepman71 View Post
    If you have the webOS 3.0.4 version of the hulu patch file from ncinerate on your computer you can open it up with a text editor like notepad.

take the line that says:
    OLD_UA='Mozilla/5.0 (%s; Linux; %s/%s; U; %s) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) %s/234.76 Safari/534.6 %s/%s'

and change it to:
    OLD_UA='Mozilla/5.0 (%s; Linux; %s/%s; U; %s) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) %s/234.83 Safari/534.6 %s/%s'

save it and send it to your touchpad. Then do like you would normally do:
    1)open XTerm
    2)cd to the place where the hulu patch is
    3)type "hulu" without the quotes
    4)?????
    5)profit

It worked for me as a quick fix, but you may want to wait for ncinerate to release the real patch.
    Yeah, I figured it'd be pretty simple (I was hoping it wouldn't be like the change from 3.0.2 to 3.0.4, that was a beast to figure out). I'll get around to updating and uploading a fixed patch for 3.0.5. In the meantime, those instructions he just gave you -should- work. Hell, if you want ledzepman, feel free to upload your working file - it'll save me a few minutes .