Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes
  1. svp
    Quote Originally Posted by svp View Post
    Yeah, I have webosquickinstall running. We can try that if this doesn't work.

You wrote:
    Ok, go into xterm and try typing this:

cd /media/internal
    ls

That should change your directory to /media/internal, then list the files in that directory. Do you see the fix file? Try typing this:

fix

Did that work?

I respond:
    NO, it did not work. Your navigation prompts were helpful (that part worked). Typing fix returned this:
    -sh: fix: not found
    root@(friends name)HPTouchPad: /media/internal# (blinky black square)

I repeat I DO have webosquickinstall, I also repeat, I had added the fix file that (with webosquickinstall) way as well (please re-read my long threads) and I see the fix in the TP in USB mode.

I'll still inquire: Where might I send this TP to be hard-tweaked (in private)? We'll pay shipping both ways and make a donation. We're on Earth in the US.

Yeah, VNC help would have been grand.
    Just spoke to my friend, he doesn't want to ship it.

If you think that VNC is a good idea, and it is, I propose you visit TeamViewer Download if you still want to help me.

Download the Team Viewer for your computer (several variants there) and hit me back at a certain time (I'll be sure to be here, I'll connect the TP and do all the physical stuff, push button resets, etc. as you command, while watching exactly what you do, live).

Advantages: It'll be faster than all these threads, I'll learn by observing you, you'll feel good for having helped, my friend will be thrilled, and it'll all be warm and fuzzy.

So check out the link above and please respond with a good time to check back at this thread or on my computer and I'll look for your Team Viewer invitation. Let's say in an hour?

I'll go walk the dog first and let you familiarize yourself with the free (for private use) product above (and hope you are monitoring this thread and response...).

Thank you (ahead of time).
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I am curious what the resolution is. Similar problem. User agent returned win, rather than webOS. Flash player is fine.
  3.    #303  
    Well, maybe I'll do a teamviewer assisted fix here in a bit...
    Last edited by ncinerate; 01/10/2012 at 10:14 AM.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    here are my results.

fix.jpg
    Thanks! Going to try it soon!
  6. svp
    My friend reclaimed his TP and I don't have it in my custody. I'll call/text him to bring it back and try what you said. I know for a fact, I did not try typing "Is". That might make some difference. I thought that (Is) was a mistake on your first draft. I'll get back to you if he entrusts me with his TP again.

Meanwhile I have a second TP of my own (still in a sealed box). If I were to make hulu work on it, please confirm, you were saying yesterday to leave it in mint condition and only apply one patch, the hulu patch, not the fix and not the change user agent patches. Right? If right, then I finally understood.

Back to my friends TP, I'll try to have him get it back to me soon, maybe today if he's around.
    svp,

That's a lower case "L" not an "i".

I think perhaps I have figured out the source of the continual problems you are having :|
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  8. svp
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    svp,

That's a lower case "L" not an "i".

I think perhaps I have figured out the source of the continual problems you are having :|
    My problems run deep. Thanks for that correction before I fail. Awaiting my friends' TP returned to me for 'service' later this afternoon. Will post back shortly, in about 3-4 hours.
  9.    #309  
    Quote Originally Posted by ludvball View Post
    here are my results.

fix.jpg
    weird........

try following those instructions then typing

/media/internal/fix

report back please
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Here is the results from yesterday, followed by the results from today. I followed the step exactly both times.

fix.jpg
  11. svp
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Well, maybe I'll do a teamviewer assisted fix here in a bit, but lets try one more thing first. (btw, sorry for the late response, I took a long nap - sick as a dog here)

Plug your touchpad into the computer.

Open up webos quick install.

Once it's open, go to tools>send file (off the the menu bar).

Click on the 3 dot thing and select the fix file.

In destination, type in /media/internal

A picture is worth a thousand words, so here:

Click to view quoted image

(ignore the fact that I'm using my palm pre 2 as an example here - it was just handy and it works exactly the same way)

Hit "send to device".

Now, go into tools>linux command line

type:

cd /media/internal

Hit ENTER

Now type:

ls

Hit ENTER - do you see the fix file listed in the list of files?

Now type:

fix

Hit ENTER!!!

That -should- work.

Here, another pic:

Click to view quoted image

Do that. After you've typed fix, if it DOESN'T work, please take a screenshot so I can see exactly what you're doing.
    Hi, That didn't work. Here's a screenshot:
    Last edited by svp; 01/05/2012 at 11:10 AM.
  12.    #312  
    I am totally puzzled as to why your touchpads aren't allowing this.......

I have no such errors on my end, and you are following my instructions.

Are your touchpads in developer mode? Do you currently have preware installed on them etc?

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    yes, preware installed and in dev mode.
  14.    #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by ludvball View Post
    yes, preware installed and in dev mode.
    No idea what has happened here.

Try this, in a terminal window (bear in mind, each of these is a single sentence, word-wrap may have made it appear to be 2 sentences, I put a deliberate enter-space between each command to try and eliminate confusion and I've put these commands in BOLD - copy/paste to a word editor without word-wrap enabled to see the whole command that MUST be inputted exactly or just copy-paste them into your terminal window). Use webos quick install to open up a terminal window to your touchpad and type the following:

mount –o remount,rw /

mount –o remount,rw /media/cryptofs

cp /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/

mv /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so.old

mv /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so.sig /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so.sig.old

sed -i 's/WEB 10/LNX 10/' /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so

mount –o remount,ro /

Once that's done, try rebooting the touchpad and see if it solved the issue (check your flash string at adobe's site).

My only recommendation beyond that is a visit to the webos doctor.

15. svp
    No idea what has happened here.

Try this, in a terminal window (bear in mind, each of these is a single sentence, word-wrap may have made it appear to be 2 sentences, I put a deliberate enter-space between each command to try and eliminate confusion and I've put these commands in BOLD - copy/paste to a word editor without word-wrap enabled to see the whole command that MUST be inputted exactly or just copy-paste them into your terminal window). Use webos quick install to open up a terminal window to your touchpad and type the following:

mount –o remount,rw /

mount –o remount,rw /media/cryptofs

cp /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/

mv /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so.old

mv /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so.sig /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so.sig.old

sed -i 's/WEB 10/LNX 10/' /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so

mount –o remount,ro /

Once that's done, try rebooting the touchpad and see if it solved the issue (check your flash string at adobe's site).

My only recommendation beyond that is a visit to the webos doctor.

Great News! It worked Ncinerate! No webOS doctoring needed. Now before I screw it all up again, let me just confirm I got it right:

It's showing WEB for flash string and Windows NT for User Agent.

So what should I do now?
    Last edited by svp; 01/02/2012 at 05:59 PM.
  16.    #316  
    no.... that set of instructions was supposed to change WEB into LNX... if its still showing web, it didnt work. i was hoping that we could get the flash string to change, then reverse the whole hulu patch that way......... are you sure flash is showing web? reboot the touchpad then check hulu for functionality and report back (also double check the flash string)

Slightly off topic, but has anyone gotten this method (user agent + flash id rewrite) to work via a proxy? I was messing around with a node version or two and even a basic squid setup and something keeps giving it away. Just hoping someone had it working to save me some time.
  18. svp
    no.... that set of instructions was supposed to change WEB into LNX... if its still showing web, it didnt work. i was hoping that we could get the flash string to change, then reverse the whole hulu patch that way......... are you sure flash is showing web? reboot the touchpad then check hulu for functionality and report back (also double check the flash string)
    As I wrote: Web (flash string, which was LNX before implementing last instructions) and Windows NT (as User Agent, unchanged). "Hulu unsupported on your device!" (even after resetting cache, et al). No ad/max blocker installed.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I doctored mine. I am back up and running. Don't use hulu enough to run the patch. If I do want it, I will use the guide from this link: The -NEW- HULU fix!

thanks for the help.
  20.    #320  
    Quote Originally Posted by svp View Post
    As I wrote: Web (flash string, which was LNX before implementing last instructions) and Windows NT (as User Agent, unchanged). "Hulu unsupported on your device!" (even after resetting cache, et al). No ad/max blocker installed.
    you appear to be contradicting earlier posts...

ok, do what I said inmy last big post, only reverse the lnx 10 web 10 line (switch web with lnx)

that should get hulu working. You need the lnx strjng And the win nt user agent string