Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by rghilliard View Post
    ncinerate, I'm not sure is you want feedback about the script, so just ignore it if you don't. First off, thanks for doing this, it makes the process so much better! Second, I have noticed that after I run the script both Hulu and the market work until I restart (luna or device). The market stops working after a restart. I find a similar situation uninstalling. The Hulu change takes effect right away, but I have to restart to fix the market. Thanks!
    Interesting. Not sure why that'd be, I guess the market still registers the old user agent up until a reboot (and the other way around on uninstall).

Probably a process that could be pkilled to fix that, but I doubt I'm going to take the time to figure it out. The patch works as-is and does a decent enough job with minimal interaction. It's "good enough" .
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Interesting. Not sure why that'd be, I guess the market still registers the old user agent up until a reboot (and the other way around on uninstall).

Probably a process that could be pkilled to fix that, but I doubt I'm going to take the time to figure it out. The patch works as-is and does a decent enough job with minimal interaction. It's "good enough" .
    Just wanted to let you know that my Touchpad is exhibiting the same results. I need to reboot after the uninstall to get the app catalog working again. Goes fast into the Hulu though.

Thanks Ncinerate for all the work on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Ok, after much annoyance and a couple webOS doctors, I think I FINALLY have an all-in-one fairly idiotproof patch... This patch is for webOS 3.0.4 -only- (I was doing some investigations into supporting 3.0.2 as well, but it is currently broken in this patch, do NOT use this patch on 3.0.2).

[B]WARNING!!!!!!

........this is an ALPHA patch and I am not responsible if you install it and it magically borks your touchpad. This will do nothing a webOS doctor won't fix, so gauge your willingness to test this patch on whether or not you'd be ok running a doctor if things go.......................

you want to fix your app catalog so you can download new programs, go back to the linux command line again (in webosquickinstall) and type:

/media/internal/hulu uninstall.

This will break hulu and fix your app catalog. It'll take 30 seconds or less to complete and you're back in business.

The patch will stay on the device, so you can easily flip back and forth from hulu installed and uninstalled.
    my patch appears to be missing ?!
    there no longer is a hulu in the internal folder!
  4.    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneharry View Post
    my patch appears to be missing ?!
    there no longer is a hulu in the internal folder!
    download it again and put it back, it will still uninstall and install properly. No idea where it went, but putting it back will fix it.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  5. MVP
    I was wondering if anyone else has trouble playing video on Vimeo with this in place?
    Every video says "Oops somethings broke, try again later"
    Maybe unrelated I don't know.
    Anyway, thanks for this!!

edited to add It works fine if I "switch to flash" on the page.
    Last edited by MVP; 11/02/2011 at 04:23 PM.
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by MVP View Post
    I was wondering if anyone else has trouble playing video on Vimeo with this in place?
    Every video says "Oops somethings broke, try again later"
    Maybe unrelated I don't know.
    Anyway, thanks for this!!

edited to add It works fine if I "switch to flash" on the page.
    Glad to hear you got everything working. I was sitting here watching vimeo thinking, what in the world is going wrong on MVP's touchpad...

Thanks for the update.

This website is asking for a flash update:
    Holmes on Homes Tip: Hiring : Home & Garden Television
    This website is asking for a flash update:
    Holmes on Homes Tip: Hiring : Home & Garden Television
    Didn't ask me for a flash update.
    So I installed this hulu fix and it was working fine. I then uninstalled to get back to the app catalog and had to restart. A little while later the app catalog started getting really glitchy and then just stopped working. So I reinstalled the patch to watch something on hulu but it doesn't work. so now I have a broken app catalog and broken hulu and don't know what to do. Any advice? And please don't let the only hope be the doctor. I just got the tp today.
    How to make HULU works outside US?
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbPreCommenter View Post
    In my experience this patch hasn't crippled the app catalog for downloading new apps.

I ran the patch, started watching hulu and installed twynergy and bug village from the app cstalog without any issues.
    As I posted some time back, free apps worked for me to but not paid or promo, try it and see.
    I've been w/o Hulu for a while (since the original fix was blocked) Today I had some time to install new fix.

First I checked that I was back to stock on user agent and flash identifier.-Check

Then I checked that I have webOS 3.0.4 installed. Check

Installed as directed. Not working. clear Cache/reboot. Still not working.

Check to see what user agent and flash identifier are listed as after fix install

Flash Player listed as: WEB
    User Agent: changed as it should

Uninstalled/Installed again same result.

Just wondering if there is anything else I should try.

Thanks
    I think if the flash player version is listed as "WEB" that you didn't follow the directions in the first post as that is the stock value. Suggest you re-read and see what you missed.
    im not very good with the technical side of things, but I managed to manually do the hulu patch on 3.0.2. How would I go about reversing that patch and then installing the auto-patcher? Kind of scared from trying it due to your warnings of bricking the touchpad if you had previously patched it
  15.    #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by ginternetshopper View Post
    im not very good with the technical side of things, but I managed to manually do the hulu patch on 3.0.2. How would I go about reversing that patch and then installing the auto-patcher? Kind of scared from trying it due to your warnings of bricking the touchpad if you had previously patched it
    Update to 3.0.4, then apply the new patch.

The update from 3.0.2 to 3.0.4 will effectively wipe out any changes you previously made, so you can simply ignore them. If you've already updated, you should have WEB showing as your flash identifier, and the proper touchpad 3.0.4 user agent ready for patching.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Hi ncinerate:
    is this how to install hulu fix: /media/internal/change-user-agent
    Last edited by na_tra; 11/11/2011 at 09:02 PM.
    ive tried every possibility. if anyone has an ipad a new browser does perfect flssh and gets hulu movies and everything else flash. its called photon.
    So is this spam for this ipad project? If not, you might try posting in the Hulu patch thread..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    ive tried every possibility. if anyone has an ipad a new browser does perfect flssh and gets hulu movies and everything else flash. its called photon.
    Every possibility? Even this one?
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-hulu-fix.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    Yes and it costs $450 to $500 more than I paid. For that amount of money, I could buy everything I wanted on hulu on DVD, have it forever, and still have a hunk of change.