Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By keplenk
  1.    #1  
    There's already some talk around the forum about this, but I just wanted to enlighten everyone because if I wasn't reading that thread then I, myself, wouldn't have known about it.

I'm an avid SC2 player/watcher. I usually watch streams on my touchpad and usually its pretty laggy but watchable (tl.net/twitch/warpprism/etc...).

Before the Hulu fix patch, it was like I said, someone laggy but watchable. Anything more higher than 480p was terrible not even remotely watchable.

AFTER the Hulu fix patch, it was fantastic. 480p was so much better and I could almost watch the 720p stream.

I didn't look into what the patch changes but whoever made the patch, could you explain what it does and maybe why it helps with other flash streams?

Also, thanks, even if this wasn't your first intention, its a great side effect.

If anyone else has any info, feel free to chime in.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    which fix? the old one or the new one?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Have you tried watching hulu? Because if it is the old one, its doesn't fix hulu anymore but still fixes other sites. The newer fix, fixes hulu but HP App catalog becomes problematic.

480p is ok if played from teamliquid.net site. But if you go to the main site, twitch or justin, its laggy even at 480p. I dunno why its better if its embedded in TL.net

I wish for Justin + Twitch live stream fix for my touchpad.

What boggles my mind is that 1080p plays perfect with youtube. I don't know why it doesn't do that with live streaming sites.
    settelma likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    There's already some talk around the forum about this, but I just wanted to enlighten everyone because if I wasn't reading that thread then I, myself, wouldn't have known about it.

I'm an avid SC2 player/watcher. I usually watch streams on my touchpad and usually its pretty laggy but watchable (tl.net/twitch/warpprism/etc...).

Before the Hulu fix patch, it was like I said, someone laggy but watchable. Anything more higher than 480p was terrible not even remotely watchable.

AFTER the Hulu fix patch, it was fantastic. 480p was so much better and I could almost watch the 720p stream.

I didn't look into what the patch changes but whoever made the patch, could you explain what it does and maybe why it helps with other flash streams?

Also, thanks, even if this wasn't your first intention, its a great side effect.

If anyone else has any info, feel free to chime in.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I agree too. There is a really good explanation of this in another hulu patch thread, about how it improves flash, I'll go hunt it down.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I was rather hoping this would help with BBC iPlayer live broadcasts, but they're still as laggy and jerky as ever. Which is bizarre as HD non-live content on the iPlayer is as smooth as silk and pin sharp, and you'd expect that there'd be far more of a technical challenge in the TP shifting the high bitrate of HD versus a much lower (albeit live) bitrate used on live stuff.