1.    #1  
    I am in the HP Small Business, 6 weeks+ to get a Touchpad crowd, but I have been reading up on the forums while waiting to actually get mine.

I've got a Slingbox (no app), Netflix (no app) and would love to figure out whether one potential workaround is to just remote into my Windows 7 desktop remotely from the TP. I have a high-bandwidth FiOS connection at home, so I can definitely serve media etc. out from my home network. Might be a bit clunky, but I can see it fixing a lot of the "I just wish it could do X" problems people are identifying.

Has anybody tried this successfully? A lot of the remote clients like GoToMyPC etc. seem to require specific browsers with plug-ins, meaning no TP compatibility. Is there a remote desktop application out there that gives full desktop functionality inside the TP browser?
    If so, does it run fast enough to serve media?

If this doesn't exist yet, all you developers out there - I can see this being a killer app that people would definitely pay for...the one app that would rule them all. Just saying.
    You can sortof rig this up using the ubuntu chroot and rdesktop, but that's using a setup that's going to be passing a -few- frames every second or so at best. That's enough for basic remote use, but you're not going to be watching video over it - or playing video games for that matter.

Serving media is tough through such a setup. Maybe we'll get the capacity eventually, but right now it's a no-go.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Quote Originally Posted by teamw23 View Post
    I am in the HP Small Business, 6 weeks+ to get a Touchpad crowd, but I have been reading up on the forums while waiting to actually get mine.

I've got a Slingbox (no app), Netflix (no app) and would love to figure out whether one potential workaround is to just remote into my Windows 7 desktop remotely from the TP. I have a high-bandwidth FiOS connection at home, so I can definitely serve media etc. out from my home network. Might be a bit clunky, but I can see it fixing a lot of the "I just wish it could do X" problems people are identifying.

Has anybody tried this successfully? A lot of the remote clients like GoToMyPC etc. seem to require specific browsers with plug-ins, meaning no TP compatibility. Is there a remote desktop application out there that gives full desktop functionality inside the TP browser?
    If so, does it run fast enough to serve media?

If this doesn't exist yet, all you developers out there - I can see this being a killer app that people would definitely pay for...the one app that would rule them all. Just saying.
    This might work for Netflix. I have no idea if it works as I don't use it. But might be worth a try.

Watch Internet Videos on Your TV | PlayOn

Orb works on the touchpad if you have a tuner in your PC and its fast enough to encode a live stream.

Welcome - Orb
    Once splashtop's app comes out, you should get what you want.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Orb has a Netflix streaming solution that might work with their Flash-based client for the TouchPad, but it's not included in the free Orb Caster server.

PlayOn and Wild Media Server will stream many types of video services from your home PC to DLNA clients, so they might work if you can find a decent DLNA streaming client for the TouchPad. But it tends to be pretty fragile and timing-sensitive - sometimes you can get it to work, sometimes you can't.