1.    #1  
    hi there from germany,

im proud to own my touchpad since today. now, i was struggeling through all those "recommended" patches, updates and helpers.
    first of all, i tried to install webos doctor, but it seems to be nearly impossible to make it working on my macbook (leopard 10.5.). The installation failes and following message appears after i agreed palm to get access to my computer.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In English, it means:
    "starting programm ..."
    "programm couldnt be started."

So, what am I doing wrong? Java just got updated to the latest version. I was trying to install webos doctor on windows vista and failed as well. It seems to be some issue with java.

Details is giving me following information:

"<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <jnlp
    spec="1.5+"
    codebase="http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touchpad/p302r0d08012011/wifip302rod" href="webosdoctorp302hstnhwifi.jnlp"
    >
    <information>
    <title>HP webOS(R) Doctor(tm) Build 71.68, webOS 3.0.2</title>
    <vendor>HP</vendor>
    <homepage href="www.palm.com" />
    <description>HP webOS(R) Doctor(tm) Build 71.68, webOS 3.0.2</description>
    <icon href="icon.png"/>
    <icon kind="splash" href="splash.jpg"/>
    <offline-allowed/>
    <shortcut online="true">
    <desktop/>
    </shortcut>
    </information>
    <update check="timeout" policy="always" />
    <security>
    <all-permissions/>
    </security>
    <resources>
    <j2se version="1.5+" />
    <jar href="webosdoctorp302hstnhwifi.jar"/>
    </resources>
    <application-desc main-class="com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.RecoveryTool" />
    </jnlp>
    "
    Last edited by pimmelpirat; 09/19/2011 at 03:46 PM.
  2.    #2  
    pllllls. help me!
    Try downloading the Dr image again, maybe it's corrupt.
  4.    #4  
    I tried to install doctor again from Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals but it just wont start. Can you recommend me some reliable source?
    Quote Originally Posted by pimmelpirat View Post
    hi there from germany,

im proud to own my touchpad since today. now, i was struggeling through all those "recommended" patches, updates and helpers.
    first of all, i tried to install webos doctor, but it seems to be nearly impossible to make it working on my macbook (leopard 10.5.). The installation failes and following message appears after i agreed palm to get access to my computer.

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

In English, it means:
    "starting programm ..."
    "programm couldnt be started."

So, what am I doing wrong? Java just got updated to the latest version. I was trying to install webos doctor on windows vista and failed as well. It seems to be some issue with java.

Details is giving me following information:

"<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <jnlp
    spec="1.5+"
    codebase="http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touchpad/p302r0d08012011/wifip302rod" href="webosdoctorp302hstnhwifi.jnlp"
    >
    <information>
    <title>HP webOS(R) Doctor(tm) Build 71.68, webOS 3.0.2</title>
    <vendor>HP</vendor>
    <homepage href="www.palm.com" />
    <description>HP webOS(R) Doctor(tm) Build 71.68, webOS 3.0.2</description>
    <icon href="icon.png"/>
    <icon kind="splash" href="splash.jpg"/>
    <offline-allowed/>
    <shortcut online="true">
    <desktop/>
    </shortcut>
    </information>
    <update check="timeout" policy="always" />
    <security>
    <all-permissions/>
    </security>
    <resources>
    <j2se version="1.5+" />
    <jar href="webosdoctorp302hstnhwifi.jar"/>
    </resources>
    <application-desc main-class="com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.RecoveryTool" />
    </jnlp>
    "
    pimmelpirart,

This is my second attempt to post an answer. I can't find my first post.

Your downloaded file should end in .jar. If it doesn't end with that extension, change it to .jar and double click the file to launch it. You don't need to install the doctor. It runs without installing.

That procedure is how I remember doing it when I downloaded the doctor. Put it in its own folder. Let us know if this method works for you.

Fritzie
  6.    #6  
    Thank you for you quick reply. The file ends in .jar. Both doctor and quick installer. They just dont want to start. Quick installer even does not appear in a window. It crashes promptly without giving me any response.

Your method, putting the file in its own folder, does not seem to work either.
    I don't have a Mac, but when I had issues running a .jar file on my Windows XP system, I had to update my java application, so one thought might be to reinstall that, or make sure you have the latest version. In my case, I actually removed my java installation and downloaded it again.
  8.    #8  
    I dont think, there is any chance to reinstall java on osx. but its already up to date.