Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes
    You Raaaang?
    stickerboy likes this.
    HP Touchpad Version 3.0.2 standing by for further instruction...
    Cause they rapin everybody out here...

(Says my TouchPad about HP)
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    11B1P likes this.
    One of these to go with my Matrix wallpaper. I'm having trouble deciding which I like best though :\

Welcome to the real world
    The answer is out there, Neo, and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.
    Never send a human to do a machine's job
    I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it
    You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.
    Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more
    Free your mind
    There is no spoon
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Updated my original post to include a link to a patch that is jaycanuk made - easily editable and you can make your justtype say whatever you like .

No worries about your missing folder, lol!
    Jay's patch worked, but I tried doing it manually first and couldn't find the folder.
    Awesomeness

--Chris
    omullins, Jive Turkey and nutts like this.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts

I already had the Nanoha wallpaper, Raising Heart chime for texts, "It approaches at high speed" for my ringtone, so this one fit pretty well. Anime fan? Yup.

YouT link for the "Wide Area Search" quote. It's generally used for finding enemies...

Edit: Oh yeah, Sprint FrankenPre2.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    For the office fans out there.

given my current run of patches I came up with...

"your thoughts, give them to me!"

or

"Working..."

"what path will you choose?"
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    were the permissions changed on the original make it so patch? For the life of me I can't change the text in the original instructions and I really don't want to use my computer if I can do it all on the touchpad. *edit muhahahahaha success! My now says "As your maker, I command you"
    Last edited by onduvalst; 09/21/2011 at 02:15 AM.
    Nice one. It always struck me as a missed opportunity that this text wasn't user editable.

It also struck me as odd that the original wording made no sense. You can't "just type..." - you have to tap the area first. "Tap here then just type" would be less snappy but more helpful to the first time user. But not in the least funny.
    With Battlefield 3 coming on October 25th i had to do this.

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    "Do what thou wilt..."
    Nice
    Mine is "Me love you long time..."
    11B1P likes this.
    "Feed me Seymour!"
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    stickerboy likes this.
    i love lamp

-or-

can't touch this.

i did like some of the matrix references from earlier, too.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    "Do it to it, Lars!" Ben Stiller in Heavy Weights
    I was having trouble editing the strings.json file on my pre 2. I have Internalz installed but I also have Impostah, which handles the .json files, installed. I copied the strings.json file to the media folder & tried to open the original file. Impostah pulls up the path of the file & has 3 options: Browse, View, & Load. Browse does what it says. View shows the contents of the file but I don't see a way to edit it. Load just gives me a blank screen..I let it sit for a couple of minutes but it still shows a blank screen so I closed Impostah. Is there a way to assign which program handles .json files so I can edit the file on my pre 2? Thanks
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    @karlo2012: It's easier to download the .patch file, edit it, and apply that with Internalz or webOSQuickinstall.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast