1.    #1  
    Cant seem to find what version the TP uses and can it be updated?

I use a site what uses JW Player to stream its videos but the TP wont open any of them , i just get a exclamation mark in the sites browser window. My old advent vega played them easy enough
    Point the browser to the Adobe Flash Player page.

Last time I checked, webOS 3.0.2 has Flash version 10,3,185,46
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fishytale View Post
    Cant seem to find what version the TP uses and can it be updated?

I use a site what uses JW Player to stream its videos but the TP wont open any of them , i just get a exclamation mark in the sites browser window. My old advent vega played them easy enough
    Are you using maxblocker or Ad blocker? These can block streaming websites such as espn3.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    Point the browser to the Adobe Flash Player page.

Last time I checked, webOS 3.0.2 has Flash version 10,3,185,46
    Ok says 10.3.183.7 on the site then select version to download

YUM for Linux
    .tar.gz for other Linux
    .rpm for other Linux
    APT for ABUNTU 10.04+

What version to download please?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    Are you using maxblocker or Ad blocker? These can block streaming websites such as espn3.
    Just new out the box mate so have just really added a few patches and updated to 3.02 so no ad blockers
    Is it possible to upgrade the flash on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by fishytale View Post
    Ok says 10.3.183.7 on the site then select version to download

YUM for Linux
    .tar.gz for other Linux
    .rpm for other Linux
    APT for ABUNTU 10.04+

What version to download please?
    Those downloads are for PC installs, not tablet.
    The version installed with webOS is displayed above that list: 10,3,185,46

I don't think we can install a new version of Flash, it's included in the webOS updates. Homebrew developers could probably answer whether or not it's possible.
    HP should make the Flash portion of the browser a plug-on/app like Android so when updates are pushed, we can install them and stay current.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by datboi208 View Post
    HP should make the Flash portion of the browser a plug-on/app like Android so when updates are pushed, we can install them and stay current.
    It already is. But with the Touchpad dead, I doubt Adobe will work with HP on updates.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    I understand that but in the long run, like Flash 11 that is coming out of beta, instead of waiting for HP to send out an update that contains the new Flash, just have Adobe push out the update. Easier and quicker delivery to the consumer.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by datboi208 View Post
    I understand that but in the long run, like Flash 11 that is coming out of beta, instead of waiting for HP to send out an update that contains the new Flash, just have Adobe push out the update. Easier and quicker delivery to the consumer.
    That is not how it works. Flash 11 has to be compiled for the TouchPad, HP/Adobe have to work together.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Agreed & hope they do work together to do that. Could be an additional 1 millions people tied to Flash like they want, :-)