Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 93 of 93
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #81  
    so if it didnt fully restart after webos doctor im still good? it seems to not charge half of the time.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
  2. #82  
    Have you considered getting/testing a touchstone? May solve all your charging issues.
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by philliprobert View Post
    Have you considered getting/testing a touchstone? May solve all your charging issues.
    i just got one this afternoon. it doesnt appear to be working. ive only used it for about 30 min, but it doesnt show signs of charging.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
  4. mbudden's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    #84  
    Seems to me like you should send it in for repair.
    Might have a faulty device since you're having all these troubles.
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbudden View Post
    Seems to me like you should send it in for repair.
    Might have a faulty device since you're having all these troubles.
    i know, but i want to get my story straight first
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
    i know, but i want to get my story straight first
    Not to worry at all. I have previously sent in a Pre - to get replaced for an issue with the headphone jack. I forgot to remove the kernel and preware and to be honest, they didn't care. They sent me a new phone. No questions asked.

    HP has been unusually friendly with the WebOS modding community. They know it happens and have turned a blind eye to it. It's not Apple. Another reason why I like WebOS.

    The truth is that most HP employees right now care very little if you have a kernel or Preware on your phone. My guess is they're freaking out about if they will have a job in the next little while. I highly doubt that they have anyone running forensic software trying to discover evidence of kernel mods.

    Don't sweat it about modding the kernel. Just tell them what's wrong. Tell them to fix or replace it. They won't give you a hassle, but if they give you any hassle, come back to us in the community and we'll give them what for.

    The WebOS community is a pretty tight knit family. We got your back.
  7. mbudden's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
    i know, but i want to get my story straight first
    Just tell them the truth. It doesn't charge past X% and yeah.
  8. #88  
    i know, but i want to get my story straight first
    Its HP, not the police. Just send it back. Worst case scenario they send it back to you in the same condition it is now. If it happens to be a hardware issue that will require a new unit, then at least now they may have one to replace yours with.
  9. #89  
    And I have never had a kernel do permanent damage to Webos. If it's a problem with the kernel it CAN be fixed. If it's a hardware problem, then the kernel doesn't matter.
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Not to worry at all. I have previously sent in a Pre - to get replaced for an issue with the headphone jack. I forgot to remove the kernel and preware and to be honest, they didn't care. They sent me a new phone. No questions asked.

    HP has been unusually friendly with the WebOS modding community. They know it happens and have turned a blind eye to it. It's not Apple. Another reason why I like WebOS.

    The truth is that most HP employees right now care very little if you have a kernel or Preware on your phone. My guess is they're freaking out about if they will have a job in the next little while. I highly doubt that they have anyone running forensic software trying to discover evidence of kernel mods.

    Don't sweat it about modding the kernel. Just tell them what's wrong. Tell them to fix or replace it. They won't give you a hassle, but if they give you any hassle, come back to us in the community and we'll give them what for.

    The WebOS community is a pretty tight knit family. We got your back.
    yes but i accidentally admitted i had preware and that the unit may have suffered from a drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbudden View Post
    Just tell them the truth. It doesn't charge past X% and yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Its HP, not the police. Just send it back. Worst case scenario they send it back to you in the same condition it is now. If it happens to be a hardware issue that will require a new unit, then at least now they may have one to replace yours with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    And I have never had a kernel do permanent damage to Webos. If it's a problem with the kernel it CAN be fixed. If it's a hardware problem, then the kernel doesn't matter.
    It doesnt seem to charge anymore
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
  11. #91  
    I had exact same problem....It would never charge also keep displaying USB mode.
    Keep it charging to30mins and press the lower volume button for 5secs...Mine immediately started after that. Hope this helps you.
  12. #92  
    Marketpantry <-------- i am haveing the same problem my Hp touchpad doesnt boot, wont charge to 25%, .. and i called hp and they dont support hp touch tablets anymore.. and i told them that is bull****.. if i find a fix i will let you know thanks...
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by monster khaos View Post
    Marketpantry <-------- i am haveing the same problem my Hp touchpad doesnt boot, wont charge to 25%, .. and i called hp and they dont support hp touch tablets anymore.. and i told them that is bull****.. if i find a fix i will let you know thanks...
    So what's happening? Are you in webOS, boot loader, or not powering on at all? Is your volume key stuck? More details, please.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions