Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #61  
    it was at 33% i called hp and they had me reboot the device... now it doesnt turn on? what do i do>? ui havent removed the warranty voiding stuff yet.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoswede View Post
    So, yes, it certainly can be a USB cable issue.
    Yes, it can be a cable issue.

can === possibility != fact

If I sell 600k products, and one product has a faulty part, that does not mean that 600k products are faulty. The probability of each of your 6 other microusb cables failing is exactly the same as the probability of the included cable. If your micro usb cable is broken, I recommend contacting HP immediately and asking for a replacement cable.

to OP: reminder that the wall charges much faster and with more power than pc connection..
    Last edited by fxspec06; 09/21/2011 at 03:00 PM.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
    it was at 33% i called hp and they had me reboot the device... now it doesnt turn on? what do i do>? ui havent removed the warranty voiding stuff yet.
    I'm pretty sure if there is a hardware issue, that having preware / kernel installed, you would not have a problem getting a replacement device. I'm no legal adviser though, just going by reports I've read in the past regarding webOS phones.
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Try a different USB port. That worked for me. You colud have your cable in a 1.0 port.
    Might need a 2.0 port.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

fxspec06 likes this.
    Just so you are all aware......

Just because you go back to the stock kernel, they STILL know! It is recorded daily what kernel you are using, I can't remember exactly where it's recorded, but it's recorded. I remember having this conversation a really long time ago.

Found it, Post #5 http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...n-speaker.html

I've yet to hear one documented case of a warranty being voided due to Homebrew/Preware/Overclocking.

Not saying it can't happen, I just don't know if I've heard of it.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I've yet to hear one documented case of a warranty being voided due to Homebrew/Preware/Overclocking.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I'm pretty sure if there is a hardware issue, that having preware / kernel installed, you would not have a problem getting a replacement device. I'm no legal adviser though, just going by reports I've read in the past regarding webOS phones.
    i may be stuck at 12%
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    i may be stuck at 12%
    Stuck charging at 12%? Doctoring at 12%?

9.    #69  
    it completed but i am still getting the usb symbol....does that mean not all of my data was removed? i dont want to ship this back to find out they are voiding my warranty.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
  10.    #70  
    Stuck charging at 12%? Doctoring at 12%?
    doctor but it ended up going 100%. it told me my device was restarting so i unplugged the usb cable and then got the usb cable logo like ive seen for about a week.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
  11.    #71  
    sorry if i came off moody and weird. im still on meds recovery physically from breast cancer... im easily frustrated and confused atm.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    doctor but it ended up going 100%. it told me my device was restarting so i unplugged the usb cable and then got the usb cable logo like ive seen for about a week.
    Sounds like your volume key is stuck in depressed position. I'd play around w/ it a bit, hit it a few times. Then reboot it (hold power + card) and see if it passes the USB screen.

FYI, when you doctor, it resets the kernels & patches too.

geeksquadkid likes this.
    Sounds like your volume key is stuck in depressed position. I'd play around w/ it a bit, hit it a few times. Then reboot it (hold power + card) and see if it passes the USB screen.

I've thought that from the very start of this thread, I even get the odd time on my TouchPad where if I hit home, a screen shot is taken.
    Global Posts
    957 Global Posts

Both of the TouchPad's I own have weird volume keys. They're stiff and like to get stuck.
    I too would recommend playing around with it for a bit.

If all else fails, I would contact HP and go through all their steps and send it back to them for repair. Their CS is top notch. I just got my replacement device today.

^ Thats what it sounds like to me as well
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

16.    #76  

so it will look like ive never done anything to my touchpad?

what if it didnt restart... is a restart needed for the doctor stuff to take effect?\

could the volume button explain any of my issues with not being able to turn it on?
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    "Turning on" and "booting" are two different things. If the screen lights up, and you see a USB drive icon, then it turned on but didn't boot. In this scenario, you literally MUST restart it......... I.E. it won't ever leave that screen on its own. If it keeps booting into the USB drive icon screen, then A. one of your volume keys is stuck, and hopefully wiggling it a bit will fix it or B. your internal circuitry is messed & the volume key is permanently stuck, and you will need a replacement from HP.

18.    #78  
    "Turning on" and "booting" are two different things. If the screen lights up, and you see a USB drive icon, then it turned on but didn't boot. In this scenario, you literally MUST restart it......... I.E. it won't ever leave that screen on its own. If it keeps booting into the USB drive icon screen, then A. one of your volume keys is stuck, and hopefully wiggling it a bit will fix it or B. your internal circuitry is messed & the volume key is permanently stuck, and you will need a replacement from HP.
    yeah , im going to ship it back to them. does using doctor eliminate all evidence of mods? what if it didnt reboot after it was 100% complete with doctor?
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    yeah , im going to ship it back to them. does using doctor eliminate all evidence of mods? what if it didnt reboot after it was 100% complete with doctor?
    doctor hitting 100% means everything but the /media/internal directory has been erased.

basically, yes it erases all evidence. all operating system files, including kernels, are removed completely. i can assure you have nothing to worry about

20.    #80  
    doctor hitting 100% means everything but the /media/internal directory has been erased.

basically, yes it erases all evidence. all operating system files, including kernels, are removed completely. i can assure you have nothing to worry about
    kind of goofed up on the phone call. i asked about hypotethically installing software on the device. she asked from the app store i said no....

then she asked if there was any physical damage... to which i said idk.. the left side isnt flush, buit i read thats normal the lower right hand corner pokes out a mm or so **** here are no cracks.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast