Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
    nope, its under 25% now i cant even turn it on and have it ask me to charge
    edit i did the power, home andvolume up button and it asked me to charge again,.,,,

charged then went to usb symbol
    When the doctor asks you to connect, connect it. When it goes to the 'battery charging' screen, leave it connected --- Restart the novacom drivers (open task manager, and find novacomd under 'services', right click and stop, then start). This will cause the doctor to fail. Leave the pad connected, close the doctor, and restart the doctor. You will now be able to proceed through the doctoring process.

Please, follow these instructions.. I have done this many times....

Please, people, I understand you are trying to help, but please leave issues like these to people who understand what is happening.
    Last edited by fxspec06; 09/21/2011 at 11:14 AM.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by brutus001 View Post
    it does sound like the volume up button is the culprit. the device will go into recovery mode (the large usb symbol) with the combination of power and volume up. when you try to turn on the device, it sees power and volume up being pressed at the same time.

you can't get into the webos at all right? at 21%, you should still be able to get into the touchpad normally. try to turn it on while not charging, and let us know if it still gives you the usb symbol.

can you remember if you might have accidentally jarred it the night you played angry birds? maybe dropped it or hit it against something?
    I fixed the volume button though its not stuck.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
  3.    #43  
    do i hae to set it in recovery mode before using web os doctor?
    HP Touchpad 32gb
  4.    #44  
    it booted up on its own just now. what do i do? should i leave it alone or use web os doctor?
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    It booted into webOS?
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    It booted into webOS?
    yes!!!! saw a glowing hp logo i was like "**** yeah" and waited like 2 min.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    yes!!!! saw a glowing hp logo i was like "**** yeah" and waited like 2 min.
    If everything works, no need to doctor..

Not quite sure where you are getting this information. The supplied cable has always worked perfectly for me.
    Known problem. Mine charged fine for the first couple weeks. Now the port where the micro-usb plugs in is very loose and it won't charge unless you prop the micro-usb up at the port so that it angles to make the connection. It's all part of the low build quality on these devices.
  9.    #49  
    If everything works, no need to doctor..
    for my own sanity i need to know what was wrong ori f it happens again ill **** abrick. i updated a kernel.. what should i do? thel una restart and the rest of the menu is back as well.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I don't think it was a problem with her microusb port - it wouldn't charge on the Touchstone, either.

There's something up with her device.

Marketpantry, see if you can charge it up to 100%. If you can't get it to charge fully, then you might want to remove the preware kernel and then send it back for repair.
    fxspec06 likes this.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    I don't think it was a problem with her microusb port - it wouldn't charge on the Touchstone, either.

There's something up with her device.

Marketpantry, see if you can charge it up to 100%. If you can't get it to charge fully, then you might want to remove the preware kernel and then send it back for repair.
    i havent tried the touchstone yet. i was asking about a touchstone earlier because i wanted to <<mod delete>> my kernal before shipping it to hp. my touchstone should be here on saturday.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 09/21/2011 at 01:55 PM.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    i would wait for the touchstone, which is pretty awesome btw, and see if you can charge. if so, it's probably the micro-usb port. the other, i tried to plug the cord in upside down. had i not double checked, i might have tried to force it in even harder and probably broken something. there is not much plastic in there to secure a connection.

i would probably doctor it up as well to start from scratch and put on there only the basic tweaks and uberkernel (which seems to be the most stable kernel). do the minimums known to be working and stable.

good luck and glad to see some progress on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by *****lyPete View Post
    Known problem. Mine charged fine for the first couple weeks. Now the port where the micro-usb plugs in is very loose and it won't charge unless you prop the micro-usb up at the port so that it angles to make the connection. It's all part of the low build quality on these devices.
    How many times do I have to say it? The problem is not with the USB cables. The USB cables are fine. What you describe in your post is a specific, individual, touchpad port issue. This is far from the USB cable issue whomever was describing earlier.

If you are careful with your device, and plugging / unplugging cables, which you should be with every single technology device you have ever owned, you will never experience this problem. If you inadvertently pull your cable out at stress-inducing angles, ANY DEVICE with a micro-USB port will begin to fail over time.

this is NOT a USB cable issue

Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    It's not, and without mentioning names, because I am sure there are many of you on this forum, I wish people who didn't know what they are talking about would stop misleading innocent members.

i havent tried the touchstone yet. i was asking about a touchstone earlier because i wanted to {remove} my kernal before shipping it to hp. my touchstone should be here on saturday.
    You can remove your kernel right now if you like.

My recommendation at this point would be to email Palm immediately and ask for a replacement device & shipping label. Your device most likely has an internal hardware problem, and even if it were to work correctly now, or this weekend, chances are you will run into more problems down the road, and it could be worse next time.

i havent tried the touchstone yet. i was asking about a touchstone earlier because i wanted to <<mod delete>> my kernal before shipping it to hp. my touchstone should be here on saturday.
    Ah sorry about that. I thought you had tried the Touchstone.
  17.    #57  
    You can remove your kernel right now if you like.

My recommendation at this point would be to email Palm immediately and ask for a replacement device & shipping label. Your device most likely has an internal hardware problem, and even if it were to work correctly now, or this weekend, chances are you will run into more problems down the road, and it could be worse next time.
    They are already shipping me a prepaid label. the lower right hand corner comes up a bit... will this void my warranty? also, what steps should i take to make it so they dont know i had 3rd party software on there and free games?
    HP Touchpad 32gb
  18.    #58  
    ****, the volume issue is back!~
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    How many times do I have to say it? The problem is not with the USB cables. The USB cables are fine. What you describe in your post is a specific, individual, touchpad port issue. This is far from the USB cable issue whomever was describing earlier.

If you are careful with your device, and plugging / unplugging cables, which you should be with every single technology device you have ever owned, you will never experience this problem. If you inadvertently pull your cable out at stress-inducing angles, ANY DEVICE with a micro-USB port will begin to fail over time.

this is NOT a USB cable issue
    I have a MyTouch4G that has a microUSB port. I've been using the supplied USB cable to charge it up; however, after a few months, the phone would only charge with that cable if some ever-so-slight downward pressure was applied. Charging the phone with the other six microUSB cables I own do not result in the same issue.

When you plug in a microUSB cable into the microUSB port, you should feel a very, very faint click. That means the connection is good. It never happens with the microUSB cable in question, but it does with the other six.

So, yes, it certainly can be a USB cable issue.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    They are already shipping me a prepaid label. the lower right hand corner comes up a bit... will this void my warranty? also, what steps should i take to make it so they dont know i had 3rd party software on there and free games?
    i think you can do a factory reset from setting > device info. i don't think this will touch your data. i don't remember exactly. webos doctor will take care of everything and make it as if it's right out of the box.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast