Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Try to use another USB cable. The original cable is really garbage. Mine was broken (poor connection) the other day when it was gently dragged. From the outside you can't tell it's broken. It simply stopped working. You need a micro USB B (male) and USB B (male) cable.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenskinredeyez View Post
    Try to use another USB cable. The original cable is really garbage. Mine was broken (poor connection) the other day when it was gently dragged. From the outside you can't tell it's broken. It simply stopped working. You need a micro USB B (male) and USB B (male) cable.
    yes, but mines in mint condition. my issues arose after replacing a kernel incorrectly. it was perfectly fine charging and working before that. webos doctor recognized that i hd a tablet on my computer after the incident but said that i wasnt at the 25% required... so unless its faulty only sometimes i dont see how that could be the issue.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
    I'm still not understanding why you don't just turn the whole thing off, plug it into the wall, and wait...
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    I'm still not understanding why you don't just turn the whole thing off, plug it into the wall, and wait...
    I am willing to do so, but it doesnt stay in charger mode. When its off does the screen come on or anything indicating that its charging? ill do it right now, but im not confident that its even working.

if the usb charging method doesnt work would the touchstone route?
    Last edited by Marketpantry; 09/20/2011 at 09:53 AM.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    Quote Originally Posted by greenskinredeyez View Post
    Just because yours was broken doesn't mean hers is, nor does it mean that it is 'garbage'. The original cable works perfectly for me, and hundreds of thousands of others.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
    I am willing to do so, but it doesnt stay in charger mode. When its off does the screen come on or anything indicating that its charging? ill do it right now, but im not confident that its even working.

if the usb charging method doesnt work would the touchstone route?
    Do you see the screen? Does the screen turn on at all? Have you tried holding card + power? There have been reports of faulty hardware i.e. the device won't turn on any more. I've seen it happen to a few people.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Where are you in the country maybe a person from the forums can come help if need be

also if the touchpad is really off the screen won't show anything
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    micro usb to normal USB-A
    like a blackberry cable, the hp cable is very flimsy the microusb end was dodgy
    Something similar happened to my friends Touchpad where it wouldn't charge. It eventually just shut down and we couldn't even do a hard boot after letting it charge over night. He ended up just sending it to HP so they could fix it.
    Treo 700wx > Treo 800w > Pre- > Pixi > Franken Pre2 >
    TouchPad 32gb
  10.    #30  
    update i left it plugged in over night and its still dead. it didnt show any logos on the screen though. should i try again when i see a usb logo?
    HP Touchpad 32gb
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Do you see the screen? Does the screen turn on at all? Have you tried holding card + power? There have been reports of faulty hardware i.e. the device won't turn on any more. I've seen it happen to a few people.
    whats card? sometimes i get logos on the screen, sometimes i dont.

edit: and just fyi i got the usb charger replacement. the usb charger works fine with all other devices. could the cable be to blame?
    Last edited by Marketpantry; 09/20/2011 at 10:58 PM.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
  12.    #32  
    i just plugged in my hp touchpad usb cable into my western digital my passport external hard drive and the hard drive is lit up but doesnt spin.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    is it charging and then the USB icon pops up after a while and stops charging?
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by jace985 View Post
    is it charging and then the USB icon pops up after a while and stops charging?
    thats what has happened yes. right now i dont see anything on the screen though... its pretty hit and miss.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Mine did the same so start charging it and as soon as it goes from the charging symbol to the USB icon plug it in to webOS doctor and it should let you now that's what worked for me. it for some reason will stop charging as soon as it hits 25% and automatically switch to USB bootie when the kernel is messed up.
  16.    #36  
    charged for 40 min without idssue then shows the usb symbol

reboot device with cord unplugged
    asks for me to plug it in
    replug and it charges for about 40 seconds goes to usb symbol again
    unplug
    reboot again
    plug in battery shows then goes to usb symbol
    unplug
    reboot again
    plug in battery shows then goes to usb symbol
    unplug
    reboot again
    plug in battery shows then usb symbol

the cycle continues.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
  17.    #37  
    Mine did the same so start charging it and as soon as it goes from the charging symbol to the USB icon plug it in to webOS doctor and it should let you now that's what worked for me. it for some reason will stop charging as soon as it hits 25% and automatically switch to USB bootie when the kernel is messed up.
    nope, its under 25% now i cant even turn it on and have it ask me to charge
    edit i did the power, home andvolume up button and it asked me to charge again,.,,,

charged then went to usb symbol
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    hmm thats what worked for me but if you can't get it to work you can always send it in like I did I had mine back fixed with 5 days total of sending it ouy . Its completely free with warranty they send you a box with free overnight shipping labels.
  19.    #39  
    hmm thats what worked for me but if you can't get it to work you can always send it in like I did I had mine back fixed with 5 days total of sending it ouy . Its completely free with warranty they send you a box with free overnight shipping labels.
    yes but i have preware and a custom kernel installed. wont i void my warranty and wont they not help me?
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    it does sound like the volume up button is the culprit. the device will go into recovery mode (the large usb symbol) with the combination of power and volume up. when you try to turn on the device, it sees power and volume up being pressed at the same time.

you can't get into the webos at all right? at 21%, you should still be able to get into the touchpad normally. try to turn it on while not charging, and let us know if it still gives you the usb symbol.

can you remember if you might have accidentally jarred it the night you played angry birds? maybe dropped it or hit it against something?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast