Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By twack
  1.    #1  
    Long story short, i purchased a TP from sams club a few weeks ago, came cracked. I was sent another touchpad from HP via the advanced replacement. Touchpad worked great but the right speaker does not work at all. I am doing the advanced replacement option a second time now and i have a question...

Heres my question:
    I installed preware and overclocked the touchpad to 1.5 (the first advanced replacement TP)..is there any way they could tell and somehow screw me out of the warranty or something?

I did webos doctor which removed all the preware and govnah apps/settings etc, then i did a TP safe reset so now it's set to the "select language/country" screens (aka brand new)

Any help appreciated...
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcky View Post
    Long story short, i purchased a TP from sams club a few weeks ago, came cracked. I was sent another touchpad from HP via the advanced replacement. Touchpad worked great but the right speaker does not work at all. I am doing the advanced replacement option a second time now and i have a question...

Heres my question:
    I installed preware and overclocked the touchpad to 1.5 (the first advanced replacement TP)..is there any way they could tell and somehow screw me out of the warranty or something?

I did webos doctor which removed all the preware and govnah apps/settings etc, then i did a TP safe reset so now it's set to the "select language/country" screens (aka brand new)

Any help appreciated...
    I seriously doubt they care at this point. They wouldn't spend more money (more loss) fighting you over it then it would take to just push a replacement out.
    gregcky likes this.
  3.    #3  
    good point, i'm honestly not that worried about it but i read how you can recover files even after a reset/webos dr run, so i thought someone here would know. But yeah, i bet they just go with it...

thanks!
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcky View Post
    good point, i'm honestly not that worried about it but i read how you can recover files even after a reset/webos dr run, so i thought someone here would know. But yeah, i bet they just go with it...

thanks!
    On a HDD it's pretty easy, not so easy on SSD
    I had thought about that if I needed to send mine back for replacement. My humorous side thought about zapping it with my 1 million volt hand tazer before sending it back. Haha. Doh!