Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Hello

My wife has an iphone 4 and a MacBook Air with a semi-broken screen (they are asking 600 euros to repair), so I had this wonderful idea and instead of repairing her MacBook (there´s also a MacBook Pro at home), I did decide to buy a TP on ebay for her

First of, I must say we both like it very much (I use a Pre2 and have been using webOS since day 1)... I installed the required patches and have it over-clocked at 1.5... I still think webOS 3.02 needs some work (I think my Pre2 works a bit better), but let´s hope HP is actually working on it (and on webOS 2.1) and make the TP even better

I would like to know if she could do some short of pairing between the TP and her iphone or have them do something together... Basically, what can a TP and an iphone 4 do together?

Thank you very much
    so far, there isn't any pairing possible atm
    I have my TouchPad paired with my iPhone 4 and can make and receive calls from the TP.
    How? Nothing happens when I try to pair my Touchpad and iPhone. I've tried every setting on the Touchpad, even "other."
    All the pairing instructions are here

http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?t=295862

My name is Mike, and I'm a flashaholic. But thanks to my sponsor, MIUI, I've been clean for weeks.
    I was actually wondering the same thing as the original question. I am currently debating between a droid or iphone 5 and was curious as to the syncing pros/cons of each in terms of contacts, calendar, maybe even photos/vids? anyone have any input on this??
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Thanks guys, I´ll take a look at it later
    For sure they can share internet, but as stated above, they cannot do everything that a Pre 3 and the Touchpad could do. I share my internet from my work iPhone all the time. It works flawlessly.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

interesting...do u pay for the hotspot service or did u jailbreak ur iphone?
    Pay, but my company reimburses me.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcard30 View Post
    I have my TouchPad paired with my iPhone 4 and can make and receive calls from the TP.
    i wish you wouldnt make a statement like this without providing details on how you did this...
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    But, with freetether in the TP, can I supply the iphone with internet via wifi?
    Yes, if the TP has an internet service to share... But the TP can't get data from a carrier right? Like it's wifi only? So I believe that would mean no you can't. However, I'm just making an educated guess since I'm not lucky enough to own one.
    Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Dev Verizon Pre 2.1.0
    Weather App in the works...
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Yes, if the TP has an internet service to share... But the TP can't get data from a carrier right? Like it's wifi only? So I believe that would mean no you can't. However, I'm just making an educated guess since I'm not lucky enough to own one.
    Sorry, I meant the other way around... Can I supply internet to the TP from an iphone 4 via wifi providing the iphone is connected with 3G? (I guess in this case I wouldn´t need freetether installed in the TP)
    Quote Originally Posted by pantiko View Post
    Sorry, I meant the other way around... Can I supply internet to the TP from an iphone 4 via wifi providing the iphone is connected with 3G? (I guess in this case I wouldn´t need freetether installed in the TP)
    Sure - why wouldn't you be able to? If your iPhone 4 has a hotspot you're good. Mine (from VZW) does but I don't have it enabled right now because my personal Pre Plus has a free one.
    Quote Originally Posted by netzer119 View Post
    I was actually wondering the same thing as the original question. I am currently debating between a droid or iphone 5 and was curious as to the syncing pros/cons of each in terms of contacts, calendar, maybe even photos/vids? anyone have any input on this??
    Much of this you can sync with cloud services. Use Google contacts/calendar etc. This provides device independant options. Since it's a sync and not just a cloud located lookup only service you'll have access to info even if the touchpad is away from wifi.
    Quote Originally Posted by pantiko View Post
    Glad we got that cleared up It did make me think for a minute ha ha. But as someone else already mentioned, what you're wanting to do can be done.
    Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Dev Verizon Pre 2.1.0
    Weather App in the works...
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpeo88 View Post
    i wish you wouldnt make a statement like this without providing details on how you did this...
    I posted a link in this thread with directions for how to do it

My name is Mike, and I'm a flashaholic. But thanks to my sponsor, MIUI, I've been clean for weeks.