1.    #1  
    Hi - all - nice to meet you - bit of a newbie here with my Touchpad running webOS 3.0.2 & UberKernel-52.

When running the stock browser and I goto Youtube or BBC iPlayer, if I start a video then make it a card, the audio keeps going, but the video stalls and will only return if I maximise the card...?

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance
    Ehm, that's the usual behaviour. Or what is your intention of the question "Any ideas"?
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the reply, but if you watch this:

at just over 11 minutes in he's running youtube video fine in a card view?

Any ideas? means I think it should do this behaviour, and show video in card mode.
    there's a patch for that...IIRC it's mentioned in the "getting started with your TP" thread on here.
    You're right. I tried it myself and the video always stops when it is "minimized" to the card view. I have no idea, how the author of this video managed it to work like that way.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans Blafoo View Post
    You're right. I tried it myself and the video always stops when it is "minimized" to the card view. I have no idea, how the author of this video managed it to work like that way.
    looking through some more threads i have the feeling this facility was slugged moving from 3.0.0 to 3.0.2 (don't know if someone can confirm this?) so maybe the author was running on 3.0.0?
    Quote Originally Posted by SusanEB View Post
    looking through some more threads i have the feeling this facility was slugged moving from 3.0.0 to 3.0.2 (don't know if someone can confirm this?) so maybe the author was running on 3.0.0?
    Maybe this is really a 3.0.2 issue/feature.

The author of the video was definitely running on 3.0.0 as the video was uploaded to youtube before 3.0.2 was released.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Can this be made a patch request?
    Quote Originally Posted by SusanEB View Post
    You are correct...and this is by design. In 3.0.0 this was the default behavior and as part of the optimizations in 3.0.2, they fixed the issue. What issue? The fact that they were wasting CPU cycles (and battery life) rendering video that you couldn't see anyway.

When minimizing a card, you are most likely going to be switching to another card and if you did this while watching a video, you where obviously going to listen to it only since it was no longer in view, else you would have left the video full screen.

Think of it like putting designs on the back of a painting...why waste the time and effort since that side will be against the wall and you can't see it?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    You are correct...and this is by design. In 3.0.0 this was the default behavior and as part of the optimizations in 3.0.2, they fixed the issue. What issue? The fact that they were wasting CPU cycles (and battery life) rendering video that you couldn't see anyway.

When minimizing a card, you are most likely going to be switching to another card and if you did this while watching a video, you where obviously going to listen to it only since it was no longer in view, else you would have left the video full screen.

Think of it like putting designs on the back of a painting...why waste the time and effort since that side will be against the wall and you can't see it?
    You make a good point; but it would be nice to be able to switch this mode in if you wanted to...
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    there's a patch for that...IIRC it's mentioned in the "getting started with your TP" thread on here.
    Which one? In the guide itself? I don't remember coming across it.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by xsever View Post
    Which one? In the guide itself? I don't remember coming across it.
    patch doesn't work in 3.0.2 :-(
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post

the most common thing i use video for in the browser is watching news. i often just listen to it if i want to do something else and it's annoying that it stops when you go to another card. seems like a perfectly reasonable use-case to me. i wish they hadn't changed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gastr View Post
    the most common thing i use video for in the browser is watching news. i often just listen to it if i want to do something else and it's annoying that it stops when you go to another card. seems like a perfectly reasonable use-case to me. i wish they hadn't changed it.
    Highlighted the key point above. Now I'll quote myself...