Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 85
Like Tree29Likes
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaTreo View Post
    If you take a survey I bet 100% of the BB employees who wanted a TP got one.
    False.

    My friend works at a Best Buy, and his store would not allow employees to purchase TouchPads.

    He wanted to buy one, but instead he got to work first shift and watch them sell out.
    T4H_KiserSose likes this.
  2. #62  
    I have 10 to 15 people that I know of right off hand that are wanting one now and have never even considered a touchpad...ever. For these people they were looking for a good deal since to them the current pricing of tablets seems higher priced wether economically or just have seen this fire sale as a very good bargain.they will probably never see one unless they are willing to wait for the prices to come down from the markups going on thru ebay & craigslist etc. I think the post referring to thoughts of establishing a user base might have some merit and we may indeed see licensing happening in the near future. This news saying about whats to happen to the remaining touchpads from the original post to me just tells me plain and simple to those who havent received there order or are waiting For yet another fire sale...time to make a decision ..If you want a "discontinued" tablet..start shopping if not ..take the risk of not getting one. If you want to experience the use of a tablet .. There are a slew of them out there and I'd say by the holidays the prices will come down on those including that fruitful one thats the #1 selling tablet. I for one am a july 1 owner of a TP..I sold mine for 150 to my coworker and went and bought a 64G version for 500. I guaranteed myself one because im a diehard believer of WebOS and is thankful for a community like this
  3. #63  
    On the bright side, I did read someone at Palm saying that this memo was sent to the PALM division not to HP as a whole.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  4. #64  
    the email copy I have shows it was mailed to the "enterprise" division. They have no connection with the Palm divison. They are not even in the PS group. So that tells me it went out to the entire HP umbrella in the US. But like I said in an earlier post I can't see the USA being 300 thousand employees .. No way
  5. #65  
    Well either way, I'd love to get just one of them. I'd even settle for a 16GB even though I don't have any space left on my 16GB Plus as is. I wish we knew were the remaining devices will be sold. Online, in-store, etc. And if they're all going to be sold online I can't imagine trying to track one down since it could be sold at so many places.

    However, I have found somewhere in my general area that has one in stock. The catch is that they want $39.99 for 12 months or $300 cash, this was told to me over the phone. I plan to go talk to them in person after work, and maybe knock some sense into them about the price too if that's possible. Makes me wonder if they even know about the firesale or if they just don't care and want to make a lot of money on them.
    Last edited by mjkjr; 09/19/2011 at 02:42 PM.
    Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Dev Verizon Pre 2.1.0
    Weather App in the works...
  6. #66  
    Well. It's official.

    @BrynaAtHp

    #DontTazeMeBro today is my birthday. Not going to be on Twitter. Off to get pampered and a new hair cut. #StayCoolmybabies #hugzies
    34 minutes ago via web
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    Well. It's official.

    @BrynaAtHp

    #DontTazeMeBro today is my birthday. Not going to be on Twitter. Off to get pampered and a new hair cut. #StayCoolmybabies #hugzies
    34 minutes ago via web
    Is that for real. Honestly HP has lost their minds. What is she thinking posting something like that. The informality is not hip it is annoying.
    SunnyPhono likes this.
  8. #68  
    Would I lie to you? For some unknown reason - don't ask me why - I haven't clicked on that Unfollow button for Bryna yet. I guess it's that Roadkill effect. You just can't quite look away - even though you don't want to look.
  9. #69  
    Guys with all these rumors.....
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    Would I lie to you? For some unknown reason - don't ask me why - I haven't clicked on that Unfollow button for Bryna yet. I guess it's that Roadkill effect. You just can't quite look away - even though you don't want to look.
    No, I know you wouldn't lie, LOL; her casual posts just seem so unbelievably unprofessional that it is so hard to believe.

    Thanks for posting, I needed the laugh.
    Last edited by BayAreaTreo; 09/19/2011 at 05:15 PM.
  11. #71  
    Oh, she's been tweeting like that for the past month. It's kind of funny, like a mom trying to be cool or something.
    SunnyPhono likes this.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaTreo View Post
    This article says FoxConn makes the TP. Maybe both companies do. Who knows. Are The HP Touchpad & The iPad 2 Twins? | ITProPortal.com
    Old article and not sure of the sources credentials. Digitimes has had a few recent articles such as this Login to DIGITIMES archive & research.

    I didn't dig for the Foxconn info. I think the repair shipping you cited earlier pretty much confirms that.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    Well. It's official.

    @BrynaAtHp

    #DontTazeMeBro today is my birthday. Not going to be on Twitter. Off to get pampered and a new hair cut. #StayCoolmybabies #hugzies
    34 minutes ago via web
    Sounds like a normal tweet to me. What do people expect? Not taking a birthday off?
  14. #74  
    Oh - that explains it.

    She just turned....drum roll please.....22
  15. fwinst's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    #75  
    HP to Layoff 525 Palm Employees This Week

    Well, I guess there'll be 500 or so more TPs available on the 28th. I wish all those 525 the best of luck in their new endeavors.
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    HP to Layoff 525 Palm Employees This Week

    Well, I guess there'll be 500 or so more TPs available on the 28th. I wish all those 525 the best of luck in their new endeavors.
    I think it is only going to get worse for HP as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they layoffs spill over to all of HP since the HP stock has taken such a hit in the last 30 days.

    Hopefully Leo will be one of those folks that gets a pink slip. I am sure those 525 will land on their feet since they do live in the Silicon Valley and they work in the mobile space which is so hot right now.

    As for Leo not so much.
  17. fwinst's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaTreo View Post
    I think it is only going to get worse for HP as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they layoffs spill over to all of HP since the HP stock has taken such a hit in the last 30 days.

    Hopefully Leo will be one of those folks that gets a pink slip. I am sure those 525 will land on their feet since they do live in the Silicon Valley and they work in the mobile space which is so hot right now.

    As for Leo not so much.
    Well, Leo's leadership has certainly helped drive HP's stock into the toilet. I think this whole TP debacle has done more to hurt the enterprise business that he wants to target than it does the consumer side. Many/most consumers have very little knowledge, if any, about the TP. Enterprises might not have been interested in the TP, but they still see the total lack of, 1. committment to a project, and 2. complete lack of control over their own processes.

    Having lived in Germany for some years, I have witnessed first hand the differences between what the USA considers acceptable customer service compared to what will work in Germany. If Leo thinks he can treat consumers and corporations the same way he would in Germany, he really should start packing up his office. I've got to say, the way the TP sales have been handled (as far as communication and customer service) shows a complete disregard for the end user. Keep the 525 and get rid of Leo.
  18. #78  
    Leo clearly doesn't know how to run a non-enterprise corporation, this is why he stacked the board of directors and bought a competitor to his former employer. This is all about his ego and personal career. So what if he kills off a viable platform and puts hundreds if not thousands out of their jobs, he feels comfortable in his role again. We are merely pawns to people like this, they'll take our money if it suits them, but their goals are not to benefit the consumer, but to try and be the richest most self absorbed monster possible.
    It isn't surprising that the last touchpads are being sold to employees first, they should have sold them below cost to employees at launch. Who better to promote the product than their own avid fan-employees? But they have lied to us from day 1. Leo never wanted to follow Hurd's plan, or live in his shadow, again ego.
    I think instead of pinkslips the HP employees he's ****ed should have gotten tickets to see Leo drawn and quartered.

    Remember, its a maratho- this reminds me of a joke my friend used to use to explain her ADD:

    'How many kids with ADD does it take to screw in a light-bulb?'
    'How m-'
    'Let's go ride some bikes!'

    I hope Zero Leo meets an unpleasant end, in balance to the harm he has caused the lives and families of the employees and stockholders he has screwed.

    My family owns stock in HP, and you can bet we're ****ed off.
    Palm Centro -> Palm Pre- -> HTC Evo 3D SPRINT
    iPhone 3G -> HP Veer Black -> HP Veer White AT&T
    Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer Black -> HP Pre 3 (UK - Unlocked 8gb) AT&T
    HP Pre 3 (US - AT&T 16gb)
    HP TouchPad Black 1.2GHz 32GB
    HP TouchPad White 1.5GHz 64GB
    HP TouchPad Black 1.5GHz 32GB AT&T

    (You have no idea what I would do to get a TouchPad Go)

    Obviously I have a problem (see above). . .
    And it has nothing to do with more cowbell. . .
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaTreo View Post
    This article says FoxConn makes the TP. Maybe both companies do. Who knows. Are The HP Touchpad & The iPad 2 Twins? | ITProPortal.com
    BayAreaTreo,

    I think when we want cite and quote info as such i.e. neither party officially go public for the confirmation, we need to find one with better reputation or longer-standing establishments.

    So I can quote you another stating the HP ODM/OEM partner for TouchPad is rather Inventec...

    China Economic News (2011-6-24): Inventec Receives Orders for Tablet PCs from Hewlett Packard | CENS.com - The Taiwan Economic News

    More interestingly, the very same author, Desire Athow at ITProPortal has another recent piece on 2011-9-5, was clearly more "sure" about Inventec is making the TouchPad for HP...

    HP May Produce Another 200,000 TouchPads By Year's End | ITProPortal.com

    But it is a moot point now. I have told you in private about my understandings on how things work in the real-world... manufacturing, inventories and logistics. (It is okay if you choose not to engage with me). In the end, I agree with you that HP & Co. seems to offer the false hope to many people with the whole fire-sale mess. So at least I am not discounting your credibility or otherwise. I simply wish you could at least respect others who really want to make sense of the whole situation. Logic sometimes dictates us on what to believe / not to believe one's comment.

    Once again, thank you for your sharing.
    Last edited by howi; 09/20/2011 at 02:32 PM.
  20.    #80  
    Howi, I replied to your PM a day or so ago with a note of appreciation. My point of this thread was not to debate who makes the TP. That is a pointless argument. My point was clearly to inform and get people aware that inventory is going to be slim. I have been very respectful to all points of views in this thread with the exception of one because his intentions were not to be helpful but to provide misinformation that added no value to the point of the thread

    I do appreciate your comments. Please see the PM I sent you yesterday I believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by howi View Post
    BayAreaTreo,

    I think when we want cite and quote info as such i.e. neither party officially go public for the confirmation, we need to find one with better reputation or longer-standing establishments.

    So I can quote you another stating the HP ODM/OEM partner for TouchPad is rather Inventec...

    China Economic News (2011-6-24): Inventec Receives Orders for Tablet PCs from Hewlett Packard | CENS.com - The Taiwan Economic News

    More interestingly, the very same author, Desire Athow at ITProPortal has another recent piece on 2011-9-5, was clearly more "sure" about Inventec is making the TouchPad for HP...

    HP May Produce Another 200,000 TouchPads By Year's End | ITProPortal.com

    But it is a moot point now. I have told you in private about my understandings on how things work in the real-world... manufacturing, inventories and logistics. (It is okay if you choose not to engage with me). In the end, I agree with you that HP & Co. seems to offer the false hope to many people with the whole fire-sale mess. So at least I am not discounting your credibility or otherwise. I simply wish you could at least respect others who really want to make sense of the whole situation. Logic sometimes dictates us on what to believe / not to believe one's comment.

    Once again, thank you for your sharing.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions