Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Yea, I guess some of those new TPads are spoken for, check this out:

The $99 TouchPad Returns To HP’s Employee Purchasing Program On Sept 28th | TechCrunch

I guess my sister, my niece, my sister in-law and my mom will not be able to get one
    Also considering that the HP employees themselves have to order through the "WEB ONLY," tells me that these employee units most like will be drop shipped from FoxConn directly since they are being manufactured as we speak thus no inventory directly from the warehouse. Very much like Apple does on launch day of some of their products. The units are shipped directly from China to the customers address, they never actually see the inside of a Apple Warehouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaTreo View Post
    Hmm, not sure but the below link says Foxconn along with several other sources. (the manufactures of the HP TP).

Regardless lets not change focus on the original intent of this post. Folks waiting to get a firesale TP directly from HP are going to have little to no chance if they don't already have an order placed that is pending.

Are The HP Touchpad & The iPad 2 Twins? | ITProPortal.com
    I think before making statements that potentially make a bad situation feel worse for those waiting for their TP's, the facts by the OP better be right on before anyone should taking this thread seriously. Inventec makes the TP, check that and you will see that is correct. So how are we to believe that you are getting "facts from the front line" when you keep citing Foxconn as the manufacturer.....

6-7 million webOS tablets from Inventec for 2011 [Rumor] | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

9/2/11 link

Second round of TouchPad sales on the way, planned for October | Featured, News |webOSroundup
    Last edited by HanoverB; 09/19/2011 at 12:48 AM. Reason: added link
  3.    #43  
    Because it is Foxconn. I call troll on your post. You have posted here ^ times and joined very recently. Keep in mind this is a supportive community so you can feel free to ignore my post and refrain from throwing out such negativity. No need to reply I along with others will be sure to ignore your posts just like other trolls. If you like read the whole thread and you can get the gist that most are in agreement. Once again we know this is rumor but better to seek other routes than no route at all in search of the remaining TP's.

Quote Originally Posted by HanoverB View Post
    I think before making statements that potentially make a bad situation feel worse for those waiting for their TP's, the facts by the OP better be right on before anyone should taking this thread seriously. Inventec makes the TP, check that and you will see that is correct. So how are we to believe that you are getting "facts from the front line" when you keep citing Foxconn as the manufacturer.....

6-7 million webOS tablets from Inventec for 2011 [Rumor] | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

9/2/11 link

Second round of TouchPad sales on the way, planned for October | Featured, News |webOSroundup
    Because it is Foxconn. I call troll on your post. You have posted here ^ times and joined very recently. Keep in mind this is a supportive community so you can feel free to ignore my post and refrain from throwing out such negativity. No need to reply I along with others will be sure to ignore your posts just like other trolls. If you like read the whole thread and you can get the gist that most are in agreement. Once again we know this is rumor but better to see other routes than no route at all in search of the remaining TP's.
    Really. Just looking for facts that lay credence to the OP in this thread. That's not trolling. You had every chance to state that you were mistaken in citing Foxconn, but instead you call me a troll. I was a member of the treo community long ago here so not a newb and only posted here because someone asked me to look at this thread.

Another post that states that the HP employee sale might not involve the one being manufactured, but rather left over stock from retailers not willing to participate in the price dump

HP set to offer $99 and $149 TouchPad tablets to U.S. employees on Sept. 28th | Tablets Planet
  5.    #45  
    its foxconn. have you done an advanced exchange. I have the defects go back to Foxconn in Texas. Explain that one. I am done with your post. All advance exchanges go back to Foxconn.

UPS label is for Foxconn in Houston TX, odd if Foxconn didn't make the product Proof enough?

Quote Originally Posted by HanoverB View Post
    Really. Just looking for facts that lay credence to the OP in this thread. That's not trolling. You had every chance to state that you were mistaken in citing Foxconn, but instead you call me a troll. I was a member of the treo community long ago here so not a newb and only posted here because someone asked me to look at this thread.

Another post that states that the HP employee sale might not involve the one being manufactured, but rather left over stock from retailers not willing to participate in the price dump

HP set to offer $99 and $149 TouchPad tablets to U.S. employees on Sept. 28th*|*Tablets Planet
    Last edited by BayAreaTreo; 09/19/2011 at 01:32 AM.
    its foxconn. have you done an advanced exchange. I have the defects go back to Foxconn in Texas. Explain that one. I am done with your post. All advance exchanges go back to Foxconn.
    Some people refuse to believe bad news.
    BayAreaTreo likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kettlecorn View Post
    Some people refuse to believe bad news.
    It's not that I don't believe it as the gist of the story is likely correct. Namely that the next run of HP Touchpads are already sold or spoken for. The entire reason the run of 100-200K TP's are being made by Inventec is to fill pending orders using already paid for parts per HP's press release. That's old news.

With all the rumours on these posts, I'm just checking some of the facts, such as the early termination of the Foxconn contract, and in turn, the credibility of the OP. It really doesn't matter where they are made I guess as it really doesn't change anything.

Sorry if you feel I flamed you BayAreaTreo, I understand where you are coming from in trying to be helpful to others looking for a TP...:-)
    howi likes this.
    Now this I do NOT believe. No how - no way. I've spoken with someone at HP, some level - I don't know where I was...high enough to be given a case #, but they said the returns were not coming back anymore from those retailers. I asked.
    Recently speaking with a senior Webos/Palm engineer regarding a battery issue this individual shared with me the 200k TP in production are already sold. He went on to share that the next run won't satisfy the backlog of orders already placed directly from HP.

The number of orders already pending exceeds the final production run.

This is merely a heads up so take it for what you will. The individual I spoke with was a director and on the front lines.

not trying to start a debate just letting people know that the pool of available final run HP's will be slim.
    Both of the ones i have pending are spoken for... they had better not be ********. im sending one overseas whose fighting in afganistan.

UPS label is for Foxconn in Houston TX, odd if Foxconn didn't make the product Proof enough?
    Just for the sake of clarity, Inventec has the contract to build new units while Foxconn has the contract to refurbish defective ones.
    howi likes this.
    Amazon and ebay sellers are loving all of this!
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    Now this I do NOT believe. No how - no way. I've spoken with someone at HP, some level - I don't know where I was...high enough to be given a case #, but they said the returns were not coming back anymore from those retailers. I asked.
    I agree! The returns that were coming back from the retail channel are most likely already returned. I am sure HP would have liked to satisfy all the pending HP.COM orders and they would have demanded the products from retailers be returned immediately if the retailer was to be given a credit (this applies only to those retailers that opted not to take part in the in the firesale)
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by alfaverde View Post
    Just for the sake of clarity, Inventec has the contract to build new units while Foxconn has the contract to refurbish defective ones.
    Alfaverde,

Thank you for the clarification. That one poster lost sight of this post. I appreciate your clarification of the facts. The point still remains all evidence is pointing to the fact that HP will not have an "overage," of TP's to sell to folks who don't already have a order pending.

This biggest misstep in this whole firesale saga was there was no limits set on purchases. To make matters worse communications to and from the WEBOS team appear to still be in flux so gaining control of this train moving at 100 MPH is next to impossible.

HP is going to have to hire image crisis managers to fix the damage they have caused to their 60+ year reputation.

As far as the ebayers selling these TP on ebay. I have no respect for them. I understand making a profit but some (not all) used deceptive tactics to obtain their TP's for the single fact of selling them on ebay. Just look at BB where I witnessed with my two eyes BB employees purchasing 5 units at 9:55 pm in Marlborough MA as the store was closing. I asked to purchase one and I was looked at like I had two heads. This units were obviously "put aside," so they could purchase the units after their shifts ended.

If you take a survey I bet 100% of the BB employees who wanted a TP got one. Honestly BB didn't help themselves much during this firesale either. First they won't adjust prices, then they do, then they won't sell them, then they do, some stores get inventory others don't. What a mess. So getting a TP I guess that is one of the benefits of working at BB but I am sure several BB employees got more than one and they are now currently being sold on ebay. It just makes me sick knowing that this is happening when there are real diehard fans of WEBOS that won't get a TP unless they pay a $100+ ransom to the ebay scalpers. (again just my opinion not fact)

Hopefully there will never ever be another firesale saga from a major electronic's manufacture but if there is the way not to do it is now written in the HP employee manual.

Again this is not the WEBOS/Palm group this is HP. I know they are the same company but in reality they are not.
    Last edited by BayAreaTreo; 09/19/2011 at 09:45 AM.
    mjkjr and SunnyPhono like this.
    What a shame, thanks for the letdown BayAreaTreo.. I don't want to believe it but I'm sure it's true. I'll never get to own a TouchPad myself. In my area the best I can even get a 16GB for is $200+. I'd pay that price from HP if that's what they sold for but I just can't give one of these 'scalpers' my money.
    Why should these people get extra money for being an inconsiderate lowlife and buying all the TouchPad's while people who truly love and support webOS may never get to own one because of this? I'm sure some people will pay these marked up prices, but I think I'll wait it out.
    Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Dev Verizon Pre 2.1.0
    Weather App in the works...

One of the more notable retailers who pulled stock to ship back to HP was Costco. They pulled their stock from their shelves on the weekend of the 8/20. Don't know how long it takes them to ship stock back. I think everyone who tried to buy one from Barnes and Noble also got their orders cancelled as well. QVC held their stock for three weeks after the price adjustment before selling as those shipped to buyers this week.

Orders pending on the HP SMB side are getting slowly filled as some are getting shipments while others are waiting for the next run to fill pending orders.

So it's anyone's guess where the ones shipping on the SMB side are coming from and those slated for the HP EPP next week.
    Last edited by HanoverB; 09/19/2011 at 11:29 AM.
    HP is going to have to hire image crisis managers to fix the damage they have caused to their 60+ year reputation.
    I haven't seen anything since the Firesale has started that has shown that they have really cared. This latest debacle just sticks another nail in the coffin to me. Try calling HP Customer Service if you are a HPSB customer.....try telling them you'd like to know when you are going to receive your TouchPad you ordered on the 20th.

OK, I know HPSB is a separate entity from HP Home and Office but they are all under the same umbrella. There should be some kind of answer by now. Instead, they have shipped orders willy nilly and continue to do so.

We get Bryna & #noTearsNofears and @MarkatHP with the Blog at the Next Bench with the "assurance" there will be another run of the HP TouchPads for all of us who signed up for them with HP.

I would feel better if the Touchpads shipped.
    BayAreaTreo likes this.
  17.    #57  
    We get Bryna & #noTearsNofears and @MarkatHP with the Blog at the Next Bench with the "assurance" there will be another run of the HP TouchPads for all of us who signed up for them with HP.
    I agree 100%. Bryna has done more harm then good with her attempt at levity and humor but I believe she missed the mark and created more hostility then anything else. I am sure she is trying to do the right thing but once again her information is already coming in at a snails pace and sometimes from the wrong snail.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Alright, lets try to settle this kurfuffle of the last few posts. In the original post, BayAreaTreo attempted to pass on some info that was received from a trusted source. Thank you. However, the issue came up of where these assests were coming from, Foxconn or Inventec. I believe the issue has been settled as Foxconn is handling refurbishing of units and Inventec is the original manufacturer. If this is indeed the case, it is very possible that some or all of the units that will be sold to HP employees will be refurbished units coming from Foxconn. It is also possible that the units being used to satisfy the SMB pending sales are coming from Inventec. That means that the OP's original source could be right and wrong. Right, there will be nowhere near enough units coming from Foxconn to satisfy both the HP employees and SMB. In all likelyhood, those units will only go to HP employees. Wrong, SMB sales will more likely be satisfied from units acquired from Inventec, not Foxconn, and is quite possible that the HP employee sales of refurbished units were never meant to go to SMB anyway. So, their affect on SMB filled orders is nill . However, right again because it is likely there still might be a shortfall of units coming from Inventec. I believe the OP and their source were giving us the best info as they understood it. To be honest, at this time, it's all just conjecture.

This all just goes to show you how no good deed goes unpunished.
    Last edited by fwinst; 09/19/2011 at 12:15 PM.
    BayAreaTreo and howi like this.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I agree 100%. Bryna has done more harm then good with her attempt at levity and humor but I believe she missed the mark and created more hostility then anything else. I am sure she is trying to do the right thing but once again her information is already coming in at a snails pace and sometimes from the wrong snail.
    I agree. The problem is that TP sales is not her main focus. She has been side-tracked and derailed. Her cohort, Mark was probably a better source. However, he hasn't been heard from in quite some time.
  20.    #60  
    This article says FoxConn makes the TP. Maybe both companies do. Who knows. Are The HP Touchpad & The iPad 2 Twins? | ITProPortal.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast