Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    As those who have a TouchPad know, it has limited storage. I'm looking for the optimal solution to be able to stream my music on the TP. Any suggestions? Preferably a non-Flash site, as I've read these pause the stream when the web page is minimized, or another Card is opened.
    LinuxKoss likes this.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    google music. Haven't played with it much but it certainly is an option. Google scans your music library and "stores" your music in the cloud. You can stream directly to your TP so long as you have an internet connection.

To get Google Music go to www.google.com/music

Its Beta now but just sign up for an invite. I got mine within 24hrs.

Also, there is a patch in preware that will keep audio playing even if you minimize the card.
    Grooveshark is your best bet. It might have some Flash elements I'm not sure, but music plays when the card is minimised (but not when the screen's turned off, which is a bit annoying)
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Thanks. Grooveshark seems like a great option for now.
    I don't have any music stored on my TP - these are the ways I get it to play some -

BHome Pro (app)
    UPnP AV Player (app)
    TuneIn Radio (app)
    AccuRadio (app)
    Classic FM (app)

RadioPlayer (site, in Favourites)
    BBC Radio (site, in Favourites)
    Accuradio (site, in Favourites)
    Pandora (site, in Favourites)
    Grooveshark (site, in Favourites)
    Music Unlimited (site, in Favourites)
    Jango (site, in Favourites)
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I just us a goflex WiFi drive 500 gigs of storage and streams music and video just fine
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I currently have 5103 songs stored locally on both my 16Gb Pre+ and 32Gb TouchPad. I have no need to stream. To accomplish this you need to determine the lowest Bitrate that you are comfortable listening to. I rip my CDs with dbPowerAmp CD Ripper to FLAC and then use dbPowerAmp Converter to convert them to aac (.m4a) at my comfortable Bitrate (~64 kBit/s).
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    If you have a Synology NAS, a member named Panel developed an app to stream music from it. I use it daily on both my Pre 2 and Touchpad.
    morydees likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    If you have a Synology NAS, a member named Panel developed an app to stream music from it. I use it daily on both my Pre 2 and Touchpad.
    What's the app called?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    64 kBit/s
    Isn't that bitrate more appropriate for something like audio books? Even with my bad hearing I notice a big difference between 64 and 128 for music (and even 128 to 256).
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadSexington View Post
    Can you turn off your screen with Synology?
    Yes you can.
    morydees likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyscanr View Post
    I just us a goflex WiFi drive 500 gigs of storage and streams music and video just fine
    can I ask how? I've tried setting up as a server on the go flex but upnp player can't see it....
    I use grooveshark for both my pre and tp. You can upload ur music to the site or find songs already available. Both the website and app work well. It can play music while the screen is off
    Splashtop
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I have been using Amazon Cloud Player this week.

Uploaded all of my music to Amazon. Saw some things I needed to fix in my music library, so after making the fixes, I cleaned out the music library on Amazon and then uploaded the library again.

Now, I can use the same music on the TouchPad, iPad, PC or MAC.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...bosnation0e-20

And, Android, of course! Cloud Player on my Android phone.

Not sure you'll find another app/service with this many options.

Amazon's Ecosystem Rocks!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/dmusic/mp3...bosnation0e-20
    Last edited by dna550; 10/14/2011 at 02:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    Splashtop
    But that's not very elegant, unless I'm wrong that means you have to have a desktop PC running, I want to be able to access my files on my Go Flex Home NAS from the touchpad

(I know there's some threads and a few people trying to do this through linux - but I'm happy to pay for it)

And google/Amazon music only work in the US!

bummer.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    I highly suggest Ampache. It took maybe 5 minutes to setup the server on my iMac, then added details to the Ampache XL app on my touchpad and I now have access to my entire library wherever I am, wasting 0 space.
    semprini and daslimpet like this.
    Shouldn't it be possible to stream music you've put on your Box.net account?
    Quote Originally Posted by riot View Post
    I highly suggest Ampache. It took maybe 5 minutes to setup the server on my iMac, then added details to the Ampache XL app on my touchpad and I now have access to my entire library wherever I am, wasting 0 space.
    I'm streaming Splashtop on an old spare dell xps m140 pentium m740 1.73GHz 1gb ram with attached usb external drive, controlling VLC player via the TP.

Would Ampache use less ram/overhead?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast